Nigeria Goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye Concedes 17 Goals In 6 Matc

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria Goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye Concedes 17 Goals In 6

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:17 goals across 6 matches is not that bad as it sounds, it is less than 3 goals per match. And yes you could have a disastrous match where you end shipping 4 and another maybe 2. The bottom line is what is the quality of the team he plays for?

So chopping 3 goals per match is not bad eh?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:17 goals across 6 matches is not that bad as it sounds, it is less than 3 goals per match. And yes you could have a disastrous match where you end shipping 4 and another maybe 2. The bottom line is what is the quality of the team he plays for?

So chopping 3 goals per match is not bad eh?
Go and check out how much the current Everton keeper was chopping at Sunderland when they got relegated. When Everton paid what was almost a record fee on him many were scornful and scoffed at the idea. Today he is the keeper of England and the best English keeper. If he is good enough he will get a better team 17 goals or not.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Maduka Okoye is currently on the bench for the Dusseldorf first team in a German Cup game.
I am happy
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Out of curiosity, I scoured the Internet for information on this guy and I came across the below video. The game was played this month. Honestly, I'm not impress with his agility, reflex and confidence. His commanding size does not match his abilities in any way. Slow to react and get up on his feet whenever he's down on the pitch. Nevertheless, let's give the lad an opportunity. Maduka Okoye, welcome to the Super Eagles of Nigeria, and I wish you luck and success.

SV Rödinghausen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf II
[/video]
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dammy wrote:Maduka Okoye is currently on the bench for the Dusseldorf first team in a German Cup game.
:clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Maduka Okoye: I cried after making my debut against Brazil

Fortuna Dusseldorf of Germany goalkeeper Maduka Okoye will forever remember the day he made his international debut for Nigeria.

Okoye came on as a surprise substitute for Francis Uzoho who got injured in the international friendly against Brazil on Sunday.

Okoye revealed that he shed tears after the game as he was overjoyed to have made his debut so soon.

“I thank God for the team and the opportunity I’ve gotten to play for the national side of our beloved country. I cried after the game. I shed tears when I spoke to my father and brother,” Okoye stated in an interview with Omasports.

“I didn’t expect to play, I was just sitting on the bench like the last time in Ukraine and I knew I’d have to wait for my chance. I didn’t know it will come so soon but things can be like that.”

The 20-year-old also expressed his delight at coming up against the Brazilians.

Okoye added: “I grew up watching Dida, he is a legend in Brazil and AC Milan and I felt great. I talked to Ederson and he is also one of my favourite goalkeepers. It’s crazy being on the same pitch with a goalkeeper you watch his videos on YouTube.”

https://futaa.com/article/195446/maduka ... nst-brazil
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kia IWoro is a bad belle, after Okoye made the bench, the loser decided to copy paste another article to pretend
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:kia IWoro is a bad belle, after Okoye made the bench, the loser decided to copy paste another article to pretend
Calling me a loser doesn't make you a winner or intelligent :boo: . Nice try, but try harder TrollPokey.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:kia IWoro is a bad belle, after Okoye made the bench, the loser decided to copy paste another article to pretend
Calling me a loser doesn't make you a winner or intelligent :boo: . Nice try, but try harder TrollPokey.
however you do agree you are a serious bad belle and your client is Akpeyi?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
iworo wrote:
however you do agree you are a serious bad belle and your client is Akpeyi?

Bad belle :???: ? I harbor no ill-will towards these kids. It warms my heart more than anything when they succeed in their career and life. I'm always gonna be a straight shooter and always give my God's honest opinion. Akpeyi should be history by now, keep steppin'!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Maths issues de worry some. They read 17 and they lose their ish :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sebastian Osigwe