NIGERIA U17 3 VS ECUADOR U17 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA U17 1 VS ECUADOR U17 1

Post by Gotti »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
Lolly wrote:
iworo wrote:A lot of selfish play from some of these boys. Main culprits are #3 & #15.
They know scouts are taking notes.
You get eyes. That was my early impression as well. It was too obvious.
Unfortunately, that's not what scouts are looking for...

I hope I'm wrong, but there's little or no pickings from this group...
They were trying too hard. Ironically, the good ones are expected to do simple things consistently well especially in the decision making aspect.

Anyway, the early verdict for me is slim pickings as well but you never know. If we get just 1 solid product from this unit then we’ve done well. Anymore is the proverbial jara on top.
How many did you Soothsayers see from the 2015 group... :lol:

When Chukwueze broke through at Villareal, most CEs had no clue who he was...
Meanwhile Nwakali that many here were ready to put their mortgages on is still struggling.

Abegi, let the boys play the games in front of them and worry about the future later.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA U17 1 VS ECUADOR U17 1

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
Lolly wrote:
iworo wrote:A lot of selfish play from some of these boys. Main culprits are #3 & #15.
They know scouts are taking notes.
You get eyes. That was my early impression as well. It was too obvious.
Unfortunately, that's not what scouts are looking for...

I hope I'm wrong, but there's little or no pickings from this group...
They were trying too hard. Ironically, the good ones are expected to do simple things consistently well especially in the decision making aspect.

Anyway, the early verdict for me is slim pickings as well but you never know. If we get just 1 solid product from this unit then we’ve done well. Anymore is the proverbial jara on top.
How many did you Soothsayers see from the 2015 group... :lol:

When Chukwueze broke through at Villareal, most CEs had no clue who he was...
Meanwhile Nwakali that many here were ready to put their mortgages on is still struggling.

Abegi, let the boys play the games in front of them and worry about the future later.

You are right; it's difficult to make any definitive conclusions at this age.

However, what is clear is that we are getting very little pickings from what are championship winning U17 teams relative to even less successful teams; by the measure, not only of NT team appearance, but professional first team appearance.

And the talent level in the starting eleven of this side, I believe is lower than the 2015's.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
gapped
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA U17 3 VS ECUADOR U17 2

Post by gapped »

The team selection is the major problem. This team is unbalanced, and to me is the worst coached Nigeria under 17 team in modern memory. As much as folks will like to disagree, soon, this team will be exposed as a team that is not really a team, that lacks cohesive approach to playing as a team, tactically inept, technically underserved and underperforming, and above all, relies more on individual brilliance to succeed. Soon, a team will figure out how to shut down the aces and then what? Creativity is not really there and no discernable pattern of play can be deduced from the disjointed game approach that they have exhibited.

My son played and won both state and regional championships in the US under 17, and I can tell you that the games I have seen his team play in that level is far superior to what I'm seeing in a national team level and that to me is disappointing and unacceptable.
Okala the Great
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

gapped wrote:The team selection is the major problem. This team is unbalanced, and to me is the worst coached Nigeria under 17 team in modern memory. As much as folks will like to disagree, soon, this team will be exposed as a team that is not really a team, that lacks cohesive approach to playing as a team, tactically inept, technically underserved and underperforming, and above all, relies more on individual brilliance to succeed. Soon, a team will figure out how to shut down the aces and then what? Creativity is not really there and no discernable pattern of play can be deduced from the disjointed game approach that they have exhibited.

My son played and won both state and regional championships in the US under 17, and I can tell you that the games I have seen his team play in that level is far superior to what I'm seeing in a national team level and that to me is disappointing and unacceptable.
Gapped, for how long has your son been playing? The difference is in the approach to youth soccer. Here the emphasis is on team first, while we focused on our skills and individualism. For this reason, many great Nigerian youth ballers have failed abroad bcos they can’t adapt to the concept of team.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

gapped wrote:The team selection is the major problem. This team is unbalanced, and to me is the worst coached Nigeria under 17 team in modern memory. As much as folks will like to disagree, soon, this team will be exposed as a team that is not really a team, that lacks cohesive approach to playing as a team, tactically inept, technically underserved and underperforming, and above all, relies more on individual brilliance to succeed. Soon, a team will figure out how to shut down the aces and then what? Creativity is not really there and no discernable pattern of play can be deduced from the disjointed game approach that they have exhibited.

Nigeria may not always win the tournament and even always have the best team. This team on a good day might play like world beaters and on a bad, a pub side.
Saying "soon, this team will meet another team that will expose them"..... that can be said of any team.
If they are not good enough, they aill go home. We can't always be the best evrrytime.
We are too harsh on our own even when they beat the supposedly well drilled team
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

If you what you mean by unbalanced is that we have some good players and some not so good, then I agree. There are a few players who have no business being in the team and they make the others look so bad. I know these boys are kids and I wouldn't want to castigate them too much but lets hope the coach makes some changes tonight.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thunder wrote:

Gapped, for how long has your son been playing? The difference is in the approach to youth soccer. Here the emphasis is on team first, while we focused on our skills and individualism. For this reason, many great Nigerian youth ballers have failed abroad bcos they can’t adapt to the concept of team.
As opposed to American youth ballers who never fail and always succeed abroad... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Gotti wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:hands up how many of you had a six pack at 17? Bigpokey no need for you to answer
Here...
Played first division ball at 15 - in NIGERIA!
Who can verify this claim? :sneaky:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!