MANU GARBA : NIGERIA HAS TO WIN THIS 2019 U17 WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
MANU GARBA : NIGERIA HAS TO WIN THIS 2019 U17 WC

Post by JACKAL »

This is the first time in the history of this U17 WC championship where a trail of age cheating accusations didn't follow us around.

So far our MRI'ed Youngsters have done us proud. We have dominated the opposition like we always did before and won 2 matches out of 3. That one loss we had against Australia was an upset and surprise by all accounts. That loss was our 2nd loss in our last 30 games in our proud history at this championship.

We are about to begin the 2nd and toughest Phase of the championship where the loser gets to go home. Garba, we cant lose now !! Think about all the nasty things they will say about us if we lose now. Things like:

"We knew they were only winning because they always cheated"
"They don't have their young old men to rely on to win anymore"
"Cheating was the only way they could win"

And on and on and on.....

We cant afford that, we need to win this championship to prove to the world that we are a truly talented soccer playing nation, but more importantly to prove to ourselves that we are as good as we think we are...

Garba, a lot rest on your shoulders now. Go out there and win us gold again. God bless Nigeria.
Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MANU GARBA : NIGERIA HAS TO WIN THIS 2019 U17 WC

Post by ohenhen1 »

Development is more important than wining at the U17 level.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Development is more important than wining at the U17 level.

:agree:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

You can overlook the obvious if you want but winning consistently at this level is a sure sign of development. You might be tempted to point out that we haven’t won at senior level but you’d be ignoring the fact that their are numerous factors that work against us at that level including but not limited to the absence of a good local league and infrastructure as well as the fact that the best senior football is played in arenas in which our youngsters do not have unfettered access to, not because they’re not good enough but because they’re just not preferred. This last phenomenon is recognizably classified as white privilege :!:

Cheers.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

The problem for you is we are winning Ohenhen..if we were losing, you would be singing a different song.

There are over 150 countries all trying to win.... None of them ever says "we are here for the development". They all want to be covered in the glory of winning. Nigeria is the envy of so many countries with for achievements at the U17 level.

This is a contest for the best u-17 in the world. For a lot of these kids this is going to be the pinnacle of their Careers...even their Lives. Winning is great, it matters, its part of development as well.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I hia say naija dey do bone marrow transplant.

True?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rawlings wrote:I hia say naija dey do bone marrow transplant.

True?
Yeah, thats why the Ghanaians keep failing their MRIs thinking BMTs will delay bone maturation.
U better go tell dem.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:I hia say naija dey do bone marrow transplant.

True?
Yeah, thats why the Ghanaians keep failing their MRIs thinking BMTs will delay bone maturation.
U better go tell dem.
Oga
Naija is making use of "arrested development"
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What does bone marrow transplant have to do with the test lol?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My preference is to have a coach that would actually overload the players with both technical and tactical details of approaching a game. Let them swim than have a coach that will simplify things to win a tournament at the U17 level. I also want to see the players play the game the right way. Don’t like the overdriblng and selfishness I have seen so far. I expect 16 year olds to make mistakes. Winning is a bonus if the boys get the proper education.

Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

ohenhen1 wrote:My preference is to have a coach that would actually overload the players with both technical and tactical details of approaching a game. Let them swim than have a coach that will simplify things to win a tournament at the U17 level. I also want to see the players play the game the right way. Don’t like the overdriblng and selfishness I have seen so far. I expect 16 year olds to make mistakes. Winning is a bonus if the boys get the proper education.
You have to instill a winning mentality into a player at a very young age.

That will help a player to find a way to win when the game gets tough
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:What does bone marrow transplant have to do with the test lol?
It's Crawlings' dem bright idea on how to beat the MRI.
Why do you think Ghanaian youth football has disappeared without trace recently? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Akure4Life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:My preference is to have a coach that would actually overload the players with both technical and tactical details of approaching a game. Let them swim than have a coach that will simplify things to win a tournament at the U17 level. I also want to see the players play the game the right way. Don’t like the overdriblng and selfishness I have seen so far. I expect 16 year olds to make mistakes. Winning is a bonus if the boys get the proper education.
You have to instill a winning mentality into a player at a very young age.

That will help a player to find a way to win when the game gets tough
You can still instill the winning mentality by emphasizing working hard both in training and in games.

gapped
Egg
Egg

Post by gapped »

Stupid coach, stupid comment. Lacks tactical, technical and game management acumen. Not the fault of the kids, just an underserved coaching.
Okala the Great
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

gapped wrote:Stupid coach, stupid comment. Lacks tactical, technical and game management acumen. Not the fault of the kids, just an underserved coaching.
Wow... the man only has 2 championship winning medals...!!! He is batting 100% at the championship. What else do you want him to do
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
gapped wrote:Stupid coach, stupid comment. Lacks tactical, technical and game management acumen. Not the fault of the kids, just an underserved coaching.
Wow... the man only has 2 championship winning medals...!!! He is batting 100% at the championship. What else do you want him to do
Someone calls himself 'gapp' and you expect something more substantive? :lol:
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Good Points Bro
However i no blame them for over dribbling and selfishness. Especially strikers.
Why ?
Because this might be their only chance ever to get noticed by real scouts.
This might be their only chance to move from financial challenges to financial freedom.
They play selflessly and God forbid, we lose. Who go remember them ?
Very Complicated Situation.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

blueangel wrote:
Good Points Bro
However i no blame them for over dribbling and selfishness. Especially strikers.
Why ?
This might be their only chance to move from financial challenges to financial freedom.
Plus they are kids, lest we forget.
Something called youthful exuberance. :D
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

JACKAL wrote:Image

This is the first time in the history of this U17 WC championship where a trail of age cheating accusations didn't follow us around.

So far our MRI'ed Youngsters have done us proud. We have dominated the opposition like we always did before and won 2 matches out of 3. That one loss we had against Australia was an upset and surprise by all accounts. That loss was our 2nd loss in our last 30 games in our proud history at this championship.

We are about to begin the 2nd and toughest Phase of the championship where the loser gets to go home. Garba, we cant lose now !! Think about all the nasty things they will say about us if we lose now. Things like:

"We knew they were only winning because they always cheated"
"They don't have their young old men to rely on to win anymore"
"Cheating was the only way they could win"

And on and on and on.....

We cant afford that, we need to win this championship to prove to the world that we are a truly talented soccer playing nation, but more importantly to prove to ourselves that we are as good as we think we are...

Garba, a lot rest on your shoulders now. Go out there and win us gold again. God bless Nigeria.
You really don't have to put a lot of effort into talking poo, it just flows :tic: :rotf:
So Manu must win it or by your insinuation, if he fails it's because he's using genuine u17 players.

It's near impossible taking you seriously
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
blueangel wrote:
Good Points Bro
Why ?

It has nothing to do with being kids or exuberance.

If it did we would see the same pattern across the competition...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
blueangel wrote:
Good Points Bro
Why ?

Oh really?
Everyone? :shock:
In your world, there's no room for differences in individual approaches to training?
And who says Nigerians are the only ones showing the same traits? :roll:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

blueangel wrote:
Good Points Bro
Why ?

Someone should tell them that is not what scouts are looking for.

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
blueangel wrote:
Good Points Bro
Why ?

Oh really?
Everyone? :shock:
In your world, there's no room for differences in individual approaches to training?
And who says Nigerians are the only ones showing the same traits? :roll:
How do you train "youthful exuberance"?

Which other team here is showing reliance on individualism like we do?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp