21-MAN LIST FOR U23 AFCON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 21-MAN LIST FOR U23 AFCON

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nwakali has been named skipper. This may be his last chance. I am tired of this boy's constant waste of his talent.

Hmmm we all make it sound like its the boy's doing. He was dealt a hand ( abi na cards ) and he is playing with with he has.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

metalalloy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Gotti wrote:Rohr drops by the U23 training in Ismailia, Egypt...
I am not sure its a good idea. He could have just turned up at the tournament to watch the boys.
Nah national team coach now.. He could offer his thoughts to the coaching staff.

:lol:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:
I am not sure its a good idea. He could have just turned up at the tournament to watch the boys.
He can't...
The SE will be prosecuting the AFCON qualifiers during the U23 AFCON tournament.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:
He can't...
The SE will be prosecuting the AFCON qualifiers during the U23 AFCON tournament.

:rotf:

lots of folks would be happy
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Gotti wrote:
olu wrote:There is some talent in this squad particulary in MF and attack:

Azubuike and Dele Bashiru are both very good CMs.
Okonkwo is a direct, strong, and pacy wing forward that can score goals.
Awoniyi is a solid CF.
Bright who is currently on loan with Wigan from Wolves has been very good this season even though he's currently playing in league one.
Despite question marks about fitness, Nwakali remains a very talented young player.

The problem for this team may be team chemistry. Also, not sure about the defense and goal keeping departments.
Yes, the squad contains reasonable talent...
However, we cannot just throw together random players and expect great team performance.

I think a number of the teams in this Tournament are in the same boat as we are, in terms of trying to cobble together a group of foreign based players to prosecute the competition. I wish us all the best but it will not be easy.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

On paper CIV has a strong squad with several European based players. However SA and Zambia may actually have more cohesive teams if they feature mainly home based players.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

SuperSport not showing the games live. It was on their schedule earlier on in the week but it has been removed. :(
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:I remember watching nwakali vs Atletico's Madrid and thinking "what a talent" only for him to go into oblivion. it will be good if he can stamp his authority at this tournament
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Thats because you dont know football much. I watched that Atleti game and wondered what the heck you guys were praising.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:
He can't...

:rotf:

lots of folks would be happy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Gotti didnt read Lolly's post well. Lolly doesnt want **** to be anywhere near the Eagles squad. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:For those CEs resident in the US...
U23 AFCON matches will be televised by BeIN Sports.
Good! Make I begin dey shape (sharp) my Remote control well-well. Thanks Gotti for the info
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote:SuperSport not showing the games live. It was on their schedule earlier on in the week but it has been removed. :(
... because you offended them, Lolly. Not showing the game is their way of getting even with you :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Any link for the boys?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote:Any link for the boys?
vipbox.live
I am happy