NFF to enter contract negotiations with Rohr in January

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
NFF to enter contract negotiations with Rohr in January

Post by Next »

http://aoifootball.com/2019/11/07/nff-t ... n-january/
Super Eagles Head Coach, Gernot Rohr will be offered a chance to extend his stay with the team after revelations emanating from the NFF indicate that both parties will enter contract negotiations in January 2020, AOIFootball.com can authoritatively confirm.

The Franco-German, who is under contract till the summer of next year, has been in the spotlight for a couple of weeks following media speculations that the NFF will ditch him by June next year when his contract expires.

However, further investigations by AOIFootball.com reveal that the NFF and Rohr will enter negotiations from January next year as the Franco-German will by then have six month left on his current deal.

“Under the contact it says the parties can negotiate extension 6 months before it expires so we are due to start negotiations from January 1, 2020 and have uptil June 30 to agree extension or otherwise.

“We have two important matches next week and that should be the major focus,” a top source in the NFF revealed to AOIFootball.com.

The 66-year-old began his reign as Super Eagles coach in August 2016, taking over from Sunday Oliseh and has since led the country to the 2018 World Cup in Russia, as well as clinching Bronze at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF to enter contract negotiations with Rohr in January

Post by kalani JR »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Pinnick must go.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Good development. But make sure you are paying him and on time.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Just pay the man and let's lock him down for the next Worls Cup campaign. The man has done a hell of a job and we haven't had this level of stability since the Westerhof years.

I honestly believe our young core is ready to surpass all previous achievements at the next WC
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Hatefest in 1.......2.......

Wonderfulness of delicious proportions on grand scale. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The reality is that this is media talk. What is happening behind the scenes is that some NFF folks want to cut loose based on recent comments that Rohr has made in the media. Some NFF guys reportedly feel that he has been ungrateful with those comments after they had protected his job following public outcry for his firing after the WC. This situation is behind the non-talk about renewal. The reality is that Rohr has to continue to have the SE produce good results because more than likely a renewal will be delayed as the NFF seek a way to let him go. If he keeps winning, however, it will be tough for NFF to achieve that objective except if a controversy is manufactured. Please note that I have not cited a source, deliberately. This can be considered a rumor mixed with my opinion about a possible future outcome.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So the NFF are going to negotiate during a qualifying campaign, the contract should have been up for renewal after the last major tournament (with a right to instant dismissal if he failed to qualify in the first place),why do they always do things at the wrong time?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:The reality is that this is media talk. What is happening behind the scenes is that some NFF folks want to cut loose based on recent comments that Rohr has made in the media. Some NFF guys reportedly feel that he has been ungrateful with those comments after they had protected his job following public outcry for his firing after the WC. This situation is behind the non-talk about renewal. The reality is that Rohr has to continue to have the SE produce good results because more than likely a renewal will be delayed as the NFF seek a way to let him go. If he keeps winning, however, it will be tough for NFF to achieve that objective except if a controversy is manufactured. Please note that I have not cited a source, deliberately. This can be considered a rumor mixed with my opinion about a possible future outcome.

Makes no sense to keep him. He is an old fashion coach that will soon retire. Time to move on and think long term.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

They should pay the man.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Pinnick must go.
Why, Oga Ohenhen1?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cito wrote:Good development. But make sure you are paying him and on time.
... that's what I thought as well. Coach Rohr has done very well for us and must be retained, unless he wants to be left alone by Nigeria
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Cito wrote:Good development. But make sure you are paying him and on time.
... that's what I thought as well. Coach Rohr has done very well for us and must be retained, unless he wants to be left alone by Nigeria
While it makes sense to renew his contract especially if he is having a great run in the AFCONQ and WCQ, it seems clear the NFF has sharpened knives against him with all kinds of issues including alleged contract talks with Congo (think Keshi). For him to survive those knives he has to build coalitions with the political types or a renewal will be a mirage.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote:The reality is that this is media talk. What is happening behind the scenes is that some NFF folks want to cut loose based on recent comments that Rohr has made in the media. Some NFF guys reportedly feel that he has been ungrateful with those comments after they had protected his job following public outcry for his firing after the WC.
This situation is behind the non-talk about renewal.

The reality is that Rohr has to continue to have the SE produce good results because more than likely a renewal will be delayed as the NFF seek a way to let him go. If he keeps winning, however, it will be tough for NFF to achieve that objective except if a controversy is manufactured. Please note that I have not cited a source, deliberately. This can be considered a rumor mixed with my opinion about a possible future outcome.
The highlighted is why most of what transpires relative to public interests are shrouded in secrecy, so that some selfish interests can have a say.
If issues regarding his whole contract were made public, there will be no room for speculations about whether he has met his contract goals and
whether he deserves to stay.
We keep switching from wanting a coach with an independent agenda to perform, and another that can be manipulated by selfish interests.
It's been said that 'a bird in hand is worth twenty in the bush'. Certainly Rohr can find another employer, but can the NFF find a decent coach
that can tolerate constant and unnecessary meddling on how the job should be done, not to talk about delayed payment of salary?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

You people still want to give this **** a new contract...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Bigpokey24 wrote:You people still want to give this **** a new contract...smh
Premature Ejaculation.
Your hatred against our coach is getting obsessive. That is not good for your health on the long-term.
I don't say we play spectacular football under Rohr and he neither a tactical mastermind nor an innovative coach.
But what he delivers is reliability. He honestly selects his best team and his team takes every opponent serious what ensures us qualifying for major tournaments and that is already quite an achievement.
Supporters forget way to fast where we are coming from.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Next
Egg
Egg
UPDATED:Rohr hints of possible contract extension with Naija

Post by Next »

I hope this will not give some guyz a heavy Cardiac arrest!!!?? :D

http://aoifootball.com/2019/11/13/rohr- ... h-nigeria/
Super Eagles Head Coach, Gernot Rohr has revealed a very strong chance of him staying beyond next summer after admitting that he needs to start grooming a team that will challenge for the 2021 AFCON, AOIFootball.com reports.

The Franco-German, whose contract expires in June 2020, revealed that he isn’t bothered about the current situation but remains focused on getting the job done on the field of play.

“I have to work, the contract is not a problem. I think by the end of the year, I will discuss it with the FA. No distraction for me, but it’s time to have a new project to win the next AFCON.

“I start now with the AFCON qualifiers and don’t know if I will finish it but it’s not really a problem but our project must be made for at least 3 years because what we want to do is to also go to the next World Cup and also have a good philosophy too,” Rohr added.

The 66-year-old took over as coach in 2015 and has since guided Nigeria to a place at the 2018 World Cup, as well as a bronze medal the last AFCON in Egypt.
Last edited by Next on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr hints of possible contract extension with Nigeria

Post by wanaj0 »

Is there any other job offer for him?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:Is there any other job offer for him?
Maybe he is being patient and selective like Mourinho, another very good manager. :sneaky:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wanaj0 wrote:Is there any other job offer for him?
No. He has a job and his contract is getting renewed. Why would anybody waste their time trying to offer a man with a job another job he doesn’t want? It’s like calling Klop to offer him a job. :laugh: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

i will definately keep Rohr- yes the needs to improve - but stability in the squad is A1- i can now name our 1st strong 11 with decent subs. - once he get gets the goalkeeping dept sorted out - team will be solid for 2021
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

walesvilla wrote:i will definately keep Rohr- yes the needs to improve - but stability in the squad is A1- i can now name our 1st strong 11 with decent subs. - once he get gets the goalkeeping dept sorted out - team will be solid for 2021
So in all your years of watching the SE today is the day you are able to name the first eleven :rotf: you Rohrbots are just too funny..I guess you weren't born back in 94,2013 etc.. you've been on this forum for 15 years, .kai natives...so it took your master **** 4 years for you to be able to name the first 11 after 2 tournaments and multiple friendlies plus qualifiers...kai some people are lazy thinkers sha...I said some people
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Rohr's team has been evolving and at the same time getting better. We have sacrificed a bit in terms of creativity and attacking play but on the other hand gained a lot in terms of organisation and discipline in our game. Also, team selection is now based on form and players seeing regular action. So fans can more or less accurately pick who is going to get called up.

The team is gradually taking shape, we are not there yet but progress has been made. He needs a good coach understudying his methods and growing with the team, so we have a succession plan in place.