U17 ROUND OF 16: NIGERIA 1 VS NETHERLANDS 3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: U17 ROUND OF 16: NIGERIA 1 VS NETHERLANDS 3

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:If ethnicity is the new argument then it is only fair that the 2013 and 2015 squads are looked at.

What difference would that make if forces other than the coach influenced the team selection. :taunt:
That's a different argument which I'd be equally furious about.
But the ethnic insinuations hold little water and need to be challenged because like someone rightly said, it is the one last thing that is 'sacred' in Nigerian football.
In the past there have been vague grumblings about youth squads kind of reflecting the ethnicity of the head coach but even that didn't go very far.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Time to grab the tiger by the tail... The composition of this u17 squad is significantly different from the very successful squads of the past. Compare this squad to the 2013 and 2015 squads and you’ll find a significant increase in players of Northern origin. One is tempted to wonder if the North has suddenly caught up with the South, talent wise, in just a few short years. Since 2017, players from the Southeast zone have been failing the MRI test indiscriminately, only to be replaced by players of obviously lesser pedigree from the other zones who, by the way, don’t look any younger than than the disqualified players. Is there a conspiracy to clandestinely enforce a quota system in player selection? Whatever your viewpoint, the inescapable fact is that this Manu Garba’s team was tactically deficient. Perhaps, it is time to move on without him :!:

Cheers.

Garba was Fired by the NFF this morning.

But what you are suggesting/implying/speculating on is unfair. It was the same man that selected the 2013 team that had a high number of SE players.
Apart from that, TTTK cannot back up his assertion.
Its his feelings he is proclaiming as incontrovertible fact and there will be many people that will accept and run with that false notion just because they can and are too lazy to check.

Solowe, this is one time you should do your work. :D
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Here we go again. Time for another round of aboki bashing.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Unless we want to keep on pretending, majority of our national teams spots from youth to seniors are up for sale. It has been happening for years and it hasn’t stopped. People are focusing on Bichi as the only compromised spot but I can bet my mortgage that more than half of the team came in via favours. It is what it is.
Last edited by Lolly on Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

JACKAL wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Time to grab the tiger by the tail... The composition of this u17 squad is significantly different from the very successful squads of the past. Compare this squad to the 2013 and 2015 squads and you’ll find a significant increase in players of Northern origin. One is tempted to wonder if the North has suddenly caught up with the South, talent wise, in just a few short years. Since 2017, players from the Southeast zone have been failing the MRI test indiscriminately, only to be replaced by players of obviously lesser pedigree from the other zones who, by the way, don’t look any younger than than the disqualified players. Is there a conspiracy to clandestinely enforce a quota system in player selection? Whatever your viewpoint, the inescapable fact is that this Manu Garba’s team was tactically deficient. Perhaps, it is time to move on without him :!:

Cheers.

Garba was Fired by the NFF this morning.

But what you are suggesting/implying/speculating on is unfair. It was the same man that selected the 2013 team that had a high number of SE players.
Perhaps you’re right but there’s no denying the flaws in this selection :!:

Cheers.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

theYemster wrote:The more important question is did we discover any promising talents?

I mean. All this run around the bush blaming.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Garba should go and coach in the NPFL. It is time for a new approach. Focus should be on development.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

NFF speaks on sacking Manu Garba as Nigeria crashes out of U17 World Cup
Published 1 hour ago on November 8, 2019
By Ifreke Inyang

The General Secretary of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Dr. Sanusi Mohammed, has rubbished reports claiming that Manu Garba, has been sacked as coach of the U17 team, following their elimination in the Round of 16, at the ongoing FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil.

Sanusi, speaking to SportingLife, also insisted there was no plan to sack Garba, without following the due process.

He said NFF would demand a full technical report from the coach, which would be reviewed by its Technical Committee headed by Ahmed Yusuf Fresh, before the board can take any decision.

“I know that much was expected from the team and many football pundits favoured the Eaglets to lift the trophy being a five-time winner of the cadet championship but you know in football anything can happen.

“Though I was not particularly happy with our ouster it doesn’t warrant the federation sacking a coach with valid contract.

“I can tell you categorically that Coach Manu Garba has not been sacked by the federation,” Sanusi said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Need a new coach that will bring in modern training techniques. Teach the boys the right way to play. Coach out the bad habits. The U17 coach should also coach the U20 team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:
NFF speaks on sacking Manu Garba as Nigeria crashes out of U17 World Cup
Published 1 hour ago on November 8, 2019
By Ifreke Inyang

The General Secretary of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Dr. Sanusi Mohammed, has rubbished reports claiming that Manu Garba, has been sacked as coach of the U17 team, following their elimination in the Round of 16, at the ongoing FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil.

Sanusi, speaking to SportingLife, also insisted there was no plan to sack Garba, without following the due process.

He said NFF would demand a full technical report from the coach, which would be reviewed by its Technical Committee headed by Ahmed Yusuf Fresh, before the board can take any decision.

“I know that much was expected from the team and many football pundits favoured the Eaglets to lift the trophy being a five-time winner of the cadet championship but you know in football anything can happen.

“Though I was not particularly happy with our ouster it doesn’t warrant the federation sacking a coach with valid contract.

“I can tell you categorically that Coach Manu Garba has not been sacked by the federation,” Sanusi said.

This makes more sense. No point in sacking a coach who's brief is coming to an end.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Abeg, when is our next game?
I'm yet to catch a minute of the exhilarating team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:Abeg, when is our next game?
I'm yet to catch a minute of the exhilarating team.
:???: :???: :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp