U17 DEBACLE COMES DOWN TO PLAYER SELECTION

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
U17 DEBACLE COMES DOWN TO PLAYER SELECTION

Post by jette1 »

Perhaps the coach was trying to prove something and got himself slapped in the face; anyone can go back and study the dynamics at play with our previous all conquering teams in contrast to this one and it’s easy to see Garba’s gamble and the fiasco that it was. And age has nothing to do with it
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U17 DEBACLE COMES DOWN TO PLAYER SELECTION

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:Perhaps the coach was trying to prove something and got himself slapped in the face; anyone can go back and study the dynamics at play with our previous all conquering teams in contrast to this one and it’s easy to see Garba’s gamble and the fiasco that it was. And age has nothing to do with it

what are you saying? He was trying to show that he can win with an ethnically balanced team? Could you please list ethnic origin of each player. Nigeria is about to be at the same level as Kenya. :biggrin:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

jette1 wrote:Perhaps the coach was trying to prove something and got himself slapped in the face; anyone can go back and study the dynamics at play with our previous all conquering teams in contrast to this one and it’s easy to see Garba’s gamble and the fiasco that it was. And age has nothing to do with it
Your ignorance is getting worse by the minute. You’re historically useless. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ALL our teams have been performing poorly. IMO, NFF is being starved of funds by a govt chasing them from pillar to post with bogus fraud allegations in an attempt to get them out.

I just hope the U23 is not affected too, but they're already complaining of not being paid their allowances.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Your ignorance is getting worse by the minute. You’re historically useless. :boo:
Y'all know that he is right in his assertion! You can go and keep hiding your head in the sand like ostriches do, the stupid coach squandered his chances of winning U17 by his emotional and quota system selection. Yes I said it! And you all know that it is the truth. :roll:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

In my view the issue was more about the mental preparation of the team. They were averaging close to 30 shots on goal per game. But no one had a calm head to be clinical at the end. A little more maturity in the final third and they would have scored enough goals to mask their defensive frailties and probably got to the last 4 or further.
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg

Post by Ezesportsworld »

Achuzia, You said it all...there is no fear if you say the truth..,.
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ezesportsworld wrote:Achuzia, You said it all...there is no fear if you say the truth..,.
So 4 Northerners out of 21 equates to a quota system selection?

Meanwhile the winning 2013 team had 7 Northerners, 5 started in the final.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The same crap that happens here in South Africa with the rugby team happens in CE as well

When the team is having a bad spell, they say its the quota of black players but when they are winning we don't hear any of this nonsense

This quota debate is old and has no basis

We win some lose some, we can analyse their play, positioning, quality etc but dropping the "quota card" is submission of the fact that there is little basis for argument
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I DIDN'T watch any of our games, but there was an article which raised ALARM regarding the way our team was playing. If I remember correctly, the writer of the article was abused and called all sorts of name
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

akamoke wrote:The same crap that happens here in South Africa with the rugby team happens in CE as well

When the team is having a bad spell, they say its the quota of black players but when they are winning we don't hear any of this nonsense

We win some lose some, we can analyse their play, positioning, quality etc but dropping the "quota card" is submission of the fact that there is little basis for argument
KPOM. Nothing else to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
akamoke wrote:The same crap that happens here in South Africa with the rugby team happens in CE as well

KPOM X2.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

KPOM X2.

The both of you should just get a bed and a room. You are making the site boring. :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

KPOM X2.

The both of you should just get a bed and a room. You are making the site boring. :taunt:
This is why you're jumping into achuzia's airbed, all just to spice up your life? :sneaky:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Orion wrote:
ALL our teams have been performing poorly. IMO, NFF is being starved of funds by a govt chasing them from pillar to post with bogus fraud allegations in an attempt to get them out.

I just hope the U23 is not affected too, but they're already complaining of not being paid their allowances.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

folem wrote:Player Lists
I don't know why you are posting the squad list but I suspect its in response to Airhead's quota post. Maybe someone can show me the correlation between ethnic makeup and success/failure from the squad list of our recent winning teams.

Here are some facts, well going by the names of the players. It was easier for me to pick out names of Northerners and Yorubas. So maybe someone else can help fill in the gaps.

2007 - 6 Northerners, 8 Yorubas
https://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/archiv ... roups.html

2013- 7 Northerners, 5 Yorubas

2015 - 3 Northerners, 2 Yorubas
https://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/archiv ... ayers.html

2019 - 4 Northerners, 10 Yorubas
https://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/teams/team/1888317/

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Lolly wrote:
I don't know why you are posting the squad list but I suspect its in response to Airhead's quota post. Maybe someone can show me the correlation between ethnic makeup and success/failure from the squad list of our recent winning teams.

Here are some facts, well going by the names of the players. It was easier for me to pick out names of Northerners and Yorubas. So maybe someone else can help fill in the gaps.

I'm also waiting for the ethnic breakdown and analysis of failure/success.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

folem wrote:
Lolly wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You know our CE intelligentsia take this thing very seriously because it is obviously crucial to the socio-political, not to mention the economic advancement of the numerous sophisticated ethnic and nation states of the great continent of Africa.

So yes, this breakdown you mention is absolutely vital. :thumb: :D
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
folem wrote:
Lolly wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You know our CE intelligentsia take this thing very seriously because it is obviously crucial to the socio-political, not to mention the economic advancement of the numerous sophisticated ethnic and nation states of the great continent of Africa.

So yes, this breakdown you mention is absolutely vital. :thumb: :D

:bump:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So based on the breakdown by Lolly, the team with 10 Northerners strikes with one failure: hence -1 to the north,

Guys help us fill in the blanks. Which other year did Nigeria win?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote:So based on the breakdown by Lolly, the team with 10 Northerners strikes with one failure: hence -1 to the north,

You can't read? Nigeria won in 2007, 2013 and 2015. But we failed in 2019.

And the best was the 2013 team. FACT!

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote:
ANC wrote:So based on the breakdown by Lolly, the team with 10 Northerners strikes with one failure: hence -1 to the north,

You can't read? Nigeria won in 2007, 2013 and 2015. But we failed in 2019.

And the best was the 2013 team. FACT!

Cant read what. You are stupid.

So btw 2007 and 2019, Nigeria only lost (failed) once but only won thrice? I now understand you better.