LIV 3 : 1 ManC (Match Thread)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIV 3 : 0 ManC (Match Thread)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Agwu-ero misses a simple tap in. :woot: It has been that kind of day. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIV 3 : 0 ManC (Match Thread)

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Will Jesus save City? E don enta pitch o!

Wha choo looking at?!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: LIV 3 : 1 ManC (Match Thread)

Post by ojafranpa »

I'm not a Man City fan but i can tell you they got cheated here.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

2 blatant handballs or ball to hand, well City have to spend another 100 million!

i said this as a joke and barely 2 days later, guess what???

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-20863968
Last edited by marko on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ojafranpa wrote:I'm not a Man City fan but i can tell you they got cheated here.
cheated in what way? Everytime Liverpool win someone is looking for ghost PKs....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

marko wrote:2 blatant handballs or ball to hand, well City have to spend another 100 million!
First one, most definitely. Second one though will not be called by most referees - and rightly so.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Some lethal finishing by Liverpool! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: They are looking very much like a championship team. They win even when the other team outplays them. :thumbs: But it is still too early to begin to celebrate. That goal by Fabulous Fabinho na helele! :thumbs: The Dean was wise to keep him off the field last week so he could play today.
Last edited by ohsee on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

theDunamis wrote:
marko wrote:2 blatant handballs or ball to hand, well City have to spend another 100 million!
First one, most definitely. Second one though will not be called by most referees - and rightly so.
How is it definite? The ball bounced off Bernardo Siva's hand first, so even under review, the play should be called dead at that point.

We would soon start having NFL type on-field explanations by referees.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:I'm not a Man City fan but i can tell you they got cheated here.
cheated in what way? Everytime Liverpool win someone is looking for ghost PKs....
The first one was definitely a handball which sprung the counter for your first goal. Had it been the other way around you’d have complained bitterly just like you did during the ManU match. Notwithstanding well deserved win.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
The first one was definitely a handball which sprung the counter for your first goal. Had it been the other way around you’d have complained bitterly just like you did during the ManU match. Notwithstanding well deserved win.
It was first a handball by Silva. If City had scored in that sequence of play, it would've been disallowed.

There was also a 2nd handball in the box by City in the 2nd half.

A similar call was denied LFC against Villa, against Sheffield and against United....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

truetalk wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
How is it definite? The ball bounced off Bernardo Siva's hand first, so even under review, the play should be called dead at that point.

We would soon start having NFL type on-field explanations by referees.
You are correct. Bernardo Silva's handball was not shown in the replays during the game but I just got a chance to see it now and Alexander-Arnold would not have had to deal with the ball if BS didn't get a clear advantage with his hand.

The studio analysts are really terrible for not showing or calling that out during halftime or post-game.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

[quote="marko"]2 blatant handballs or ball to hand, well City have to spend another 100 million!

i said this as a joke and barely 2 days later, guess what???

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-20863968
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

the genius that sold Sterling for ~50 million and bought Mane for ~34 deserves a medal
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:the genius that sold Sterling for ~50 million and bought Mane for ~34 deserves a medal
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to think we miss him and we were praising Walcott to be better than him.Who was that Arsenal fan picking Walcott over Mane?I mean the guy even said there is a reason one player is in a top team like Arsenal and another one in Southamptom.

Mane is one of the most underrated player,How clubs like PSG,Real and Barca not begging him to go there is shocking..