The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by amafolas »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To be brutally honest, as soon as you feel compelled to publicly back the manager, you admit there is cause for concern.

The talk is Emery has now been given 6 more games. But we know if they had felt it safe to take Mourinho, they would have fired Emery and made Mourinho the Coach. It seems as if the fans had their say and they have listened.

The fans it seems now run the club, they pick the players, I know because the fans at the Emirates sang Ozil's name until he was selected. Emery stopped subbing Lacazette when the fans booed him etc. All around you at Arsenal there is no leadership.

The problem is finance as it always is with Kroenke. Just over £17m was paid in severance pay to Wenger and his staff when they were relieved of their duties. If Emery is fired, they will pay him another £6m for early contract termination. That will be a total of £23m for their incompetence. If they want a manager in a job, they will have to pay up to get him out of his contract, then pay up for a other contract. They don't fancy spending money, so they are sticking. The whole thing is just ridiculous

The club now has no leadership. Josh Kroenke is in America and everything is on hold until he decides. The fans will decide for him on Emery.
The sad thing is Emery has got the tools to make hay with this team. If only he could swallow whatever is disturbing him and put his head down and get to work. Serious work. He simply needs to tweak this team around a lil and the team is off shooting. He needs to play to the strength of the team rather than the weakness of the team.

This is a team loaded to attack. And attack it must. Emery simply needs to unleash this team. Like i said earlier this will be my starting team home and away:

==========================Leno============================

Bells================Musti===========Holding================Tiern

===================Luiz============Torreirra==================

Pepe======================Ozil===========================Auba

=========================Laca==============================

With this lineup and the following on the bench:

1. Chambers
2. Kola
3. Guendo
4. Willock
5. Saka

He can deploy the team with 1 or 2 changes to any formation that tickles his fancies either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 depending on the tempo of the game. But the driving factor should be the team playing to it's strength with simple one-touch attacking play.
Emery can't. You keep wishing him to become who is not. You can't give what you don't have. At some point, you just have to accept people as they are. Emery is not doing what you want because he can't. Simple.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:To be brutally honest, as soon as you feel compelled to publicly back the manager, you admit there is cause for concern.

The talk is Emery has now been given 6 more games. But we know if they had felt it safe to take Mourinho, they would have fired Emery and made Mourinho the Coach. It seems as if the fans had their say and they have listened.

The fans it seems now run the club, they pick the players, I know because the fans at the Emirates sang Ozil's name until he was selected. Emery stopped subbing Lacazette when the fans booed him etc. All around you at Arsenal there is no leadership.

The problem is finance as it always is with Kroenke. Just over £17m was paid in severance pay to Wenger and his staff when they were relieved of their duties. If Emery is fired, they will pay him another £6m for early contract termination. That will be a total of £23m for their incompetence. If they want a manager in a job, they will have to pay up to get him out of his contract, then pay up for a other contract. They don't fancy spending money, so they are sticking. The whole thing is just ridiculous

The club now has no leadership. Josh Kroenke is in America and everything is on hold until he decides. The fans will decide for him on Emery.
The sad thing is Emery has got the tools to make hay with this team. If only he could swallow whatever is disturbing him and put his head down and get to work. Serious work. He simply needs to tweak this team around a lil and the team is off shooting. He needs to play to the strength of the team rather than the weakness of the team.

This is a team loaded to attack. And attack it must. Emery simply needs to unleash this team. Like i said earlier this will be my starting team home and away:

1. Chambers
2. Kola
3. Guendo
4. Willock
5. Saka

He can deploy the team with 1 or 2 changes to any formation that tickles his fancies either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 depending on the tempo of the game. But the driving factor should be the team playing to it's strength with simple one-touch attacking play.
True....focus on what is already there...then incremental alterations from top to bottom.Not throwing the baby with the water. In terms of subs I would replace saka with martinelli coz I really dont think Saka is ready yet. He is fine for cup games though.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

amafolas wrote:
azuka wrote:

1. Chambers
2. Kola
3. Guendo
4. Willock
5. Saka

Emery can't. You keep wishing him to become who is not. You can't give what you don't have. At some point, you just have to accept people as they are. Emery is not doing what you want because he can't. Simple.
:clap: :thumbs:
You stand a better chance of making Nadal stand inside the baseline to return serve than get Emery to play to Arsenal's strengths - it ain't in his locker - just ain't!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

amafolas wrote:
azuka wrote:

1. Chambers
2. Kola
3. Guendo
4. Willock
5. Saka

Emery can o..He is a genius , the only issue is Ozil. remove Ozil from the Lineup and we will get back our 22 game winning streak. ...But please dont ask me who he should bench to do that because the owners have not given money to fill that position..... Oh btw I am only parroting here.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Has he been sacked yet?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Has he been sacked yet?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

azuka wrote:
furiously frank wrote:

I agree with you though that the team needs a Mourinho type coach to whip it to shape. But Arsenal fans won’t settle for 1-0 wins.
At least not until they get to break point level. As long as they continue to be 5th and 6th in EPL. They will be ok. Ambition left this club when Fabregas and Van Persia left.
No bro we don't need MouriNoise or a MouriNoise. He is anti what Arsenal is all about.
That exactly what I am talking about. You guys have not reached the nadir yet. Keep descending :taunt:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

Consider this:
Arsenal manager not a top four EPL manager
Squad and starters not a top four team

If the present CL placed teams were given the opportunity to upgrade their teams from the Arsenal squad, only Auba, Ozil, Pepe and possibly Laca are sure bankers. And that is from a possible 44 slots. Ironically Ozil may start at Man City, can't see an upgrade for Liverpool from the team. The entire defense + keeper, 3 midfielders and Vardy start before any Arsenal player consideration.

My point is that the club has done incredibly well for many years now. Overachieved in fact. 3 or 4 transfer windows of major trades is necessary to get the results back to a champion's level. Until then 5th, 6th, 7th place is par. Anything higher is praiseworthy.

The club needs no less than 4 or 5 proven top class players in midfield and defense to be get back on top. No risks. Forget the free flowing soccer thingy for a season and buckle down to shore up the back line. Yes pack the danfo and play on the counter, upgrade quietly and hope the other top teams do not keep getting better as well.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

looks like Emery will be fired soon. Survived the dread vote of confidence.

But let us be real. It is not entirely Emery fault.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Arsenal fans were out of order at that Leicester game. The Leicester fans started taunting Emery by singing, "sacked in the morning, you going to get sacked in the morning". To the Leicester fans surprise, the Arsenal fans joined in their song but they added a new lyric. "sacked in the ebening, you going to get sacked in the ebening", mimicking Emery's accent and pronunciation of the word evening. See tweet below.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

1. Chambers
2. Kola
3. Guendo
4. Willock
5. Saka

My bro, if we can see it, why can he not see the issues in that midfield.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

All I am waiting to read/hear...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
The club consider paying him 6 million for free,after settle Wenger and crew 17 million.They are thinking about money and hoping good results appear after the international break.....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The ship was fast resembling a submarine upon succession, Emeribe’s greatest failing was in his failure to utilise the stage at people’s corner to full effect. Upon greeting ndichie and respected elders, Ogbuefi should’ve assembled a timeline depicting Beloved’s deliberate devolution. The reverse engineering that took one from Lauren to Bellerin, Vieira to Xhaka, Campbell to Mustafi, Cole to Kolasinac, the Martian to mere mortals...with the reverse transcriptase still sinking it’s teeth into the double helix, the next step in the damned devolution would’ve been foreseen by all. Instead, Emeribe, in quintessentially Nigerian fashion, came chest-beating, bold and boisterous.

To the gallows with the b*stard. The King is dead, long live Chief Ejikemoh Howe.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

kajifu wrote:
Cito wrote:
The club consider paying him 6 million for free,after settle Wenger and crew 17 million.They are thinking about money and hoping good results appear after the international break.....
Regurgitating what you read hear does not make you a genius.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Amen wrote:Consider this:
Arsenal manager not a top four EPL manager
Squad and starters not a top four team

If the present CL placed teams were given the opportunity to upgrade their teams from the Arsenal squad, only Auba, Ozil, Pepe and possibly Laca are sure bankers. And that is from a possible 44 slots. Ironically Ozil may start at Man City, can't see an upgrade for Liverpool from the team. The entire defense + keeper, 3 midfielders and Vardy start before any Arsenal player consideration.

My point is that the club has done incredibly well for many years now. Overachieved in fact. 3 or 4 transfer windows of major trades is necessary to get the results back to a champion's level. Until then 5th, 6th, 7th place is par. Anything higher is praiseworthy.

The club needs no less than 4 or 5 proven top class players in midfield and defense to be get back on top. No risks. Forget the free flowing soccer thingy for a season and buckle down to shore up the back line. Yes pack the danfo and play on the counter, upgrade quietly and hope the other top teams do not keep getting better as well.
Is this a wind up??? We're now a top spending team at a time Chelsea have UEFA issues & we've a gaffer who has had 2 preseasons have us play relegation ball while Foster at LCFC with half the time & an inferior squad is blowing up - you see all that & think "The club needs no less than 4 or 5 proven top class players in midfield and defense "
Easy questions with respect - what about Emery's performance makes you think he can do better & why should a "proven top class player" want to work under an underperforming Coach?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The narrative that our club is reluctant to payout £6m having spent heavily in the window backing the team to make the CL thereby increasing the revenue streams makes no sense in a month of Wednesdays.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Cito wrote:
Regurgitating what you read hear does not make you a genius.
Dude are you okay?Relax life is not that serious,if you want to be a genius in a faceless forum go ahead :clap: :clap:
Its not that serious my man.take a sit and watch how our club is been running by greedy people.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:The narrative that our club is reluctant to payout £6m having spent heavily in the window backing the team to make the CL thereby increasing the revenue streams makes no sense in a month of Wednesdays.
Is not what we think is what those who run the club are thinking.Go back to the days of Wenger and see how this clowns do business.Wenger cover for them a lot by performing to deliver CL football,After no cL football they let him go.The guys running the club might have call off the season as no CL,so they will likely allow him finish the season to avoid paying him 6 million,they might be stupidly looking at Europa as another means
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Arsenal is probably hoping he will pick up some easy points in the next few easy games and then find stability, thereafter. Shortsighted, frankly because the issue isnt really a lack of form. The issue is that (1) the coach is very poor and (2) defenders purchased are all clowns.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/arsene ... 89634.html

Arsene Wenger appointed as FIFA's chief of global football development

Charlie Rusholme

November 13 2019 5:03 PM

Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been appointed as FIFA's new chief of global football development, the world governing body announced on Wednesday.

The 70-year-old, who left the Gunners after 22 years in charge in the summer of 2018, will be chiefly responsible for "overseeing and driving the growth and development of the sport for both men and women around the world".

FIFA said Wenger will also be the "leading authority on technical matters".

Wenger, who had been linked with a return to coaching at Bayern Munich, is relishing the opportunity ahead.

"I very much look forward to taking on this extremely important challenge, not only because I have always been interested in analysing football from a broader perspective but also because FIFA's mission as world football's governing body is truly global," the Frenchman said in a statement.

"I believe that the new FIFA we have seen emerging in recent years has the sport itself at the very heart of its objectives and is determined to develop the game in its many different components.

"I know I can contribute to this objective and will put all my energy into this."

FIFA president Gianni Infantino welcomed Wenger's appointment.

He said: "Arsene Wenger's profound knowledge and passion for the different aspects of our game sets him apart as one of the most respected personalities in football.

Learn more
"I am delighted to welcome him to the team. Since I arrived at FIFA, we have placed football at the centre of our mission, striving to learn from those who know the sport inside out: Arsene is someone who, with his strategic vision, competence and hard work, has dedicated his life to football.

"His arrival is just another example of how we keep strengthening our purpose to bring FIFA back to football and football back to FIFA."

FIFA revealed Wenger's role would see him become a member of the football and technical advisory panels involved in the regular reviews by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), which sets out potential changes to the laws of the game.

Wenger will also take on chairmanship of the governing body's Technical Study Group, which has conducted the technical analysis of FIFA tournaments since 1966.

The French coach has been linked with several jobs since leaving Arsenal but said he had turned down offers to work in England because of his long association with the Gunners, where he won three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups.

It is not clear whether Wenger's role within FIFA would prevent him from taking up another managerial role.

Speaking at a recent event in London, where he was named a Nordoff Robbins 'Legend of Football', Wenger said: "They (FIFA) look for people who have big experience and knowledge of the game who have learned a lot.

"I just want to share what I've learned and give it back to the game in a different way.

"I'm not sure that I would stop coaching as well, because the devil is still in there. But I have to see, do I like it, and can I be efficient?"
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

balo wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/arsene ... 89634.html

Arsene Wenger appointed as FIFA's chief of global football development

Charlie Rusholme

November 13 2019 5:03 PM

Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been appointed as FIFA's new chief of global football development, the world governing body announced on Wednesday.

The 70-year-old, who left the Gunners after 22 years in charge in the summer of 2018, will be chiefly responsible for "overseeing and driving the growth and development of the sport for both men and women around the world".

FIFA said Wenger will also be the "leading authority on technical matters".

Wenger, who had been linked with a return to coaching at Bayern Munich, is relishing the opportunity ahead.

"I very much look forward to taking on this extremely important challenge, not only because I have always been interested in analysing football from a broader perspective but also because FIFA's mission as world football's governing body is truly global," the Frenchman said in a statement.

"I believe that the new FIFA we have seen emerging in recent years has the sport itself at the very heart of its objectives and is determined to develop the game in its many different components.

"I know I can contribute to this objective and will put all my energy into this."

FIFA president Gianni Infantino welcomed Wenger's appointment.

He said: "Arsene Wenger's profound knowledge and passion for the different aspects of our game sets him apart as one of the most respected personalities in football.

Learn more
"I am delighted to welcome him to the team. Since I arrived at FIFA, we have placed football at the centre of our mission, striving to learn from those who know the sport inside out: Arsene is someone who, with his strategic vision, competence and hard work, has dedicated his life to football.

"His arrival is just another example of how we keep strengthening our purpose to bring FIFA back to football and football back to FIFA."

FIFA revealed Wenger's role would see him become a member of the football and technical advisory panels involved in the regular reviews by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), which sets out potential changes to the laws of the game.

Wenger will also take on chairmanship of the governing body's Technical Study Group, which has conducted the technical analysis of FIFA tournaments since 1966.

The French coach has been linked with several jobs since leaving Arsenal but said he had turned down offers to work in England because of his long association with the Gunners, where he won three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups.

It is not clear whether Wenger's role within FIFA would prevent him from taking up another managerial role.

Speaking at a recent event in London, where he was named a Nordoff Robbins 'Legend of Football', Wenger said: "They (FIFA) look for people who have big experience and knowledge of the game who have learned a lot.

"I just want to share what I've learned and give it back to the game in a different way.

"I'm not sure that I would stop coaching as well, because the devil is still in there. But I have to see, do I like it, and can I be efficient?"
I'm happy for him. He needs an office not a dugout.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:BTW, Andre Arshavin has a son Arseny who plays for Barcelona juniors. He is 9, and named after a very special somebody.
Okay. So he will save our season. Abi? :-x
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051