U-23 AFCON: Ghana to meet Naija?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
U-23 AFCON: Ghana to meet Naija?

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana is through to the semi-finals (Bad belle Naija men dey weep)
I expect Naija to make light work of South Africa and win her group (as usual Ghanaians want the best for Naija)

My prediction
Ghana 3-0 Naija:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: U-23 AFCON: Ghana to meet Naija?

Post by Tobi17 »

Rawlings wrote:Ghana is through to the semi-finals (Bad belle Naija men dey weep)
I expect Naija to make light work of South Africa and win her group (as usual Ghanaians want the best for Naija)

My prediction
Ghana 3-0 Naija:
Nigeria's path to the finals couldn't be more assured now :boo:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Tobi17 wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Ghana is through to the semi-finals (Bad belle Naija men dey weep)

My prediction
Ghana 3-0 Naija:
I hope you've not committed any crime today
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Rawlings wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

My prediction
Ghana 3-0 Naija:
I hope you've not committed any crime today
Tobi, is midget tossing a crime?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

For God's sake, when are we going to annex this tiny territory called Ghana?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

The Eagle, I'm not sure why you keep moving this thread to EN after I've moved it to its rightful place according to the new rules?

Ghana making it to the next round has nothing to do with Nigeria. Vaguely mentioning that they might meet Nigeria does not mean it belongs to EN as there is no guarantee we'll meet.

I personally would want ALL African footie in EN and I said so in the mod forum, but if you guys want a separation, then let's do it right.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Orion wrote:The Eagle, I'm not sure why you keep moving this thread to EN after I've moved it to its rightful place according to the new rules?

Ghana making it to the next round has nothing to do with Nigeria. Vaguely mentioning that they might meet Nigeria does not mean it belongs to EN as there is no guarantee we'll meet.

I personally would want ALL African footie in EN and I said so in the mod forum, but if you guys want a separation, then let's do it right.
If you look at the group format, there is a strong chance that we meet Ghana in the next round, if we make it. What is the point of having a forum for Nigerian football if we cannot discuss potential future opponents and exchange "banter" with them? I think you and Ohenhen1 are being excessively prescriptive about what you consider to be "Nigerian" football-related subjects.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Speaking of U23, don't we have an ongoing game against South Africa? and there's no match thread... na waooo
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Goldleaf wrote:For God's sake, when are we going to annex this tiny territory called Ghana?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super eagles will be world beaters in such a case
Last edited by Rawlings on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Eagle wrote:
Orion wrote:The Eagle, I'm not sure why you keep moving this thread to EN after I've moved it to its rightful place according to the new rules?

If you look at the group format, there is a strong chance that we meet Ghana in the next round, if we make it. What is the point of having a forum for Nigerian football if we cannot discuss potential future opponents and exchange "banter" with them? I think you and Ohenhen1 are being excessively prescriptive about what you consider to be "Nigerian" football-related subjects.
I agree with you
They are behaving like Trump
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

It is like the Under-23 team heard us arguing, and took it upon themselves to decide the matter. They decided this tournament, and this thread by extension, have no relationship to Nigerian football. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Eagle wrote:It is like the Under-23 team heard us arguing, and took it upon themselves to decide the matter. They decided this tournament, and this thread by extension, have no relationship to Nigerian football. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

The Eagle wrote:It is like the Under-23 team heard us arguing, and took it upon themselves to decide the matter. They decided this tournament, and this thread by extension, have no relationship to Nigerian football. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Dude just admit you were wrong. As I said, there was no guarantee we would meet. And even if we had gotten through there was no guarantee we would've topped the group.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Orion wrote:
Dude just admit you were wrong. As I said, there was no guarantee we would meet. And even if we had gotten through there was no guarantee we would've topped the group.
Oga
Admit, Ghana-Naija was a very likely scenario
How difficult was it for Naija to score ONE goal to top the group?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Rawlings wrote:
Orion wrote:
Oga
Well, it didn't happen. We could have also finished 2nd in the group with a draw if the other game also ended in a daw.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Rawlings wrote:
Orion wrote:
Oga
Exactly. There is really nothing more to add.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The Eagle wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Orion wrote:
Oga
Exactly. There is really nothing more to add.
Maybe one thing. I guess the path is now clear for Ghana to go all the way and win Olympic gold.

Do that, or at least match our silver. All the best to them.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯