This is the Best SE I have seen since 1994

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
This is the Best SE I have seen since 1994

Post by vancity eagle »

Yes I said it.

Since 2019 ANC Rohr has answered his critics by playing free flowing attacking football which I have not witnessed since 1994. Finally watching this team brings absolute pleasure.

Anybody who does not wish for his contract to be renewed is treasonous to the nation.

The way the boys spray passes is a joy to watch. The off ball running has drastically improved. No longer are players static, they are running all over the pitch into space playing quick passing, dynamic play, then they will switch the play with a crossfield pass. It was a beauty to watch. Going by the Benin extended highlights I also noticed how we were creating so many chances.

So we have now drawn Brazil and Ukraine while playing beautiful football against Ukraine and now 2 very attacking displays against Benin and Lesotho.

I dont think people understand how hard todays game was on an artificial pitch, at altitude after traveling from Nigeria 8 hours or so..

This team can really do damage in 2022 and Rohr is actually building something great, while his haters plot his downfall. Thank goodness these enemies of progress did not get their way. NFF would be the most foolish organization in history if they do not renew Rohr's contract.

Player Ratings

Akpeyi [/b]- 6.5 - still the weakest link, wasn't tested much but was completely flat footed for Lesotho's first goal. Should have at least been on his toes ready to react. This guy is not it.

Aina - 8 - Did very well at LB, I have been calling for him to play here for a while since we have so many RB options and Collins is a liability. His joining the attack is a joy to behold. Adds that extra element to our attack, his combo play was very impressive, did OK defenseively as well.

Troost - 7 - Was at fault for first goal, and had one lapse of concentration late in the game, but otherwise solid

Ajayi - 7 - Solid but gave away a few uneccesary fouls. Lesotho troubled our backline a little more than I would wish

Awaziem - 7.5
- Solid game. His crossing ability is great. Unlucky own goal

Ndidi - 8 - Bossed the midfield and really joined in on the attack

Aribo - 7 - Decent showing but a little off the mark, tired out near the end

Iwobi - 8.5
- Very good attacking display. Was the maestro on the pitch, linked up well with team mates, ran into space all the time to recieve the ball and orchestrate attacks. We need more displays like this from Iwobi

Simon - 7
- Decent showing but needs to get a little more involved. Had some good attacking plays and defends well as always

Chukwueze -8
- Harassed the Lesotho defenders and linked up well with attack

Oshimehn - 9- All over the pitch worked hard, hold up play was on point, 2 goals and 2 assists. This guy is going to be special. His work ethic and die hard attitude is what we want to see

SUBS

Azeez - 6.5 - did OK but was lackadaisical as soon as he came on and lost the ball when he had an open man to simply pass to. Nice pass for Oshimens last goal

Musa - 5 Piss poor once he came on. Was losing the ball and missed a sitter. He looked out of form.

Kalu - NOt enough time to rate
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: This is the Best SE I have seen since 1994

Post by ANC »

Dude they played Lesotho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

So Akpeyi gets blamed even through the goal wasn't his fault but because he wasn't on his toes. Is he a ballet dancer ? Some of you are just ridiculous.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:So Akpeyi gets blamed even through the goal wasn't his fault but because he wasn't on his toes. Is he a ballet dancer ? Some of you are just ridiculous.

I didn't blame him on his own.

The guy is an athlete, he is supposed to be on his toes. They cross the ball into your box and you are just standing there flat footed. That is just retarded. He assumed the ball will be headed away by his defenders. You cannot do such.

Good goal keepers have quality reflexes. You cannot be reflexive if you are standing around like a clown flat footed. You need to be ready and on your toes. It is a fair criticism.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ANC wrote:Dude they played Lesotho

You dey mind the guy!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Our last 4 matches have been very good quality. I have not seen SE play like they did today on the road against any poor opponents. The attacking play is simply unmatched by any previous SE team since 1994.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Egypt labored to a draw against Kenya, Ivory Coast huffed and puffed to beat Niger Republic by a measly 1-0 scoreline courtesy of a controversial penalty, Morocco played out a barren 0-0 draw against Mauritania, all these games were at home for that matter for the big teams... if you think it's easy to just roll over the supposed minnows in African football today considering some factors (Bad playing surface, weather conditions, unpredictability of most African "minnow" teams), then you're more delusional than imagined ... You'll realize it's quite a feat even beating teams like this away from home.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Whatever. The central defenders were awful. Would have chopped 20 goals today against Ghana, CIV etc.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ANC wrote:Whatever. The central defenders were awful. Would have chopped 20 goals today against Ghana, CIV etc.
Yeah ok Albert Einstein
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:
ANC wrote:Whatever. The central defenders were awful. Would have chopped 20 goals today against Ghana, CIV etc.
Yeah ok Albert Einstein

:lol:

smh
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
Egypt labored to a draw against Kenya, Ivory Coast huffed and puffed to beat Niger Republic by a measly 1-0 scoreline courtesy of a controversial penalty, Morocco played out a barren 0-0 draw against Mauritania, all these games were at home for that matter for the big teams... if you think it's easy to just roll over the supposed minnows in African football today considering some factors (Bad playing surface, weather conditions, unpredictability of most African "minnow" teams)... You'll realize it's quite a feat even beating teams like this away from home.

there are different factors in all of these games.

While it is tough to play at altitude and on artificial turf, one thing we had in our favour was that Lesotho actually came to play and win, and not park the bus.

Niger sat back against CIV the entire match and frustrated them. Lesotho came out at us which allowed us space to play.

Having said that, there really are no more minnows. Lesotho got a draw against Sierra Leone away from home a few days ago. That is a very decent result and it would seem that Lesotho is an improving team.

There are few teams in Africa where beating them on the road is a given.

I actually credit Lesotho for being courageous enough to go toe to toe with us and getting 2 goals as a result. Too many teams just sit back and that is when we usually struggle.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
Yeah ok Albert Einstein

More like Kwame Archebong Einstein.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Good display by the SE but are we giving up our defensive solidity for a more offensive game? Rohr's SE used to be known for tightening up at the back. Could we be missing Balogun's influence?
Also the team needs midfielders who can release the ball quickly with one touch, this is where Kingsley Samuel and Yusuf Alhassan can come in, they will make the attack more devastating.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

VE you're a good guy but based on your previous trajectory on predictions and as the chief President of #TeamRohr I would have to renounce your prediction and I send it to VP (Damunk)
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Guy abeg cool down small. We played Lesotho, did you hear the commentator say that many of them are part time footballers? They have regular jobs and play football on weekends.
vancity eagle wrote:Yes I said it.

Since 2019 ANC Rohr has answered his critics by playing free flowing attacking football which I have not witnessed since 1994. Finally watching this team brings absolute pleasure.

Anybody who does not wish for his contract to be renewed is treasonous to the nation.

The way the boys spray passes is a joy to watch. The off ball running has drastically improved. No longer are players static, they are running all over the pitch into space playing quick passing, dynamic play, then they will switch the play with a crossfield pass. It was a beauty to watch. Going by the Benin extended highlights I also noticed how we were creating so many chances.

So we have now drawn Brazil and Ukraine while playing beautiful football against Ukraine and now 2 very attacking displays against Benin and Lesotho.

I dont think people understand how hard todays game was on an artificial pitch, at altitude after traveling from Nigeria 8 hours or so..

This team can really do damage in 2022 and Rohr is actually building something great, while his haters plot his downfall. Thank goodness these enemies of progress did not get their way. NFF would be the most foolish organization in history if they do not renew Rohr's contract.

Player Ratings

Akpeyi [/b]- 6.5 - still the weakest link, wasn't tested much but was completely flat footed for Lesotho's first goal. Should have at least been on his toes ready to react. This guy is not it.

Aina - 8 - Did very well at LB, I have been calling for him to play here for a while since we have so many RB options and Collins is a liability. His joining the attack is a joy to behold. Adds that extra element to our attack, his combo play was very impressive, did OK defenseively as well.

Troost - 7 - Was at fault for first goal, and had one lapse of concentration late in the game, but otherwise solid

Ajayi - 7 - Solid but gave away a few uneccesary fouls. Lesotho troubled our backline a little more than I would wish

Awaziem - 7.5

Iwobi - 8.5
- Very good attacking display. Was the maestro on the pitch, linked up well with team mates, ran into space all the time to recieve the ball and orchestrate attacks. We need more displays like this from Iwobi

Simon - 7
- Decent showing but needs to get a little more involved. Had some good attacking plays and defends well as always

Chukwueze -8

Oshimehn - 9- All over the pitch worked hard, hold up play was on point, 2 goals and 2 assists. This guy is going to be special. His work ethic and die hard attitude is what we want to see

SUBS

Azeez - 6.5 - did OK but was lackadaisical as soon as he came on and lost the ball when he had an open man to simply pass to. Nice pass for Oshimens last goal

Musa - 5 Piss poor once he came on. Was losing the ball and missed a sitter. He looked out of form.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote:Guy abeg cool down small. We played Lesotho, did you hear the commentator say that many of them are part time footballers? They have regular jobs and play football on weekends.

Player Ratings

Awaziem - 7.5

Iwobi - 8.5

Simon - 7

Chukwueze -8

SUBS

so what say you when we were tearing Ukraine apart and drawing with Brazil ?

Minnows or not, Nigeria has not looked this good since 1994, even against minnows.

The dynamism in attack has never been this good.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
gochino wrote:Guy abeg cool down small. We played Lesotho, did you hear the commentator say that many of them are part time footballers? They have regular jobs and play football on weekends.

Player Ratings

Awaziem - 7.5

Iwobi - 8.5

Simon - 7

Chukwueze -8

SUBS

Minnows or not, Nigeria has not looked this good since 1994, even against minnows.

Don't mind them, compare this game with the 0-0 eyesore we had under Oliseh against Swaziland in similar conditions in 2016. The team has come in leaps and bounds.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

the retirement of Mikel and Ighalo may have been a positive.

This current team is easily better than the team that played in Russia.

Defence is a little worry as we seem to give up cheap goals, but is this the payback for now playing offensive.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Player Ratings

Awaziem - 7.5

Iwobi - 8.5

Simon - 7

Chukwueze -8

SUBS

Don't mind them, compare this game with the 0-0 eyesore we had under Oliseh against Swaziland in similar conditions in 2016. The team has come in leaps and bounds.

Difference is this team made the mistake of trying to play, we struggle against teams that just park the bus like a Swaziland or Madagascar did...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Best team since 1994? Not sure. Maybe once they win an AFCON title or reach a WC QF.

Definitely one of the better SE teams and there is is clearly room for improvement but for me personally 2013-14 team put in more convincing performances against stronger opposition (competitive games) . However, your definition of "best" seems more focused on the style of play (attacking). So fair enough.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

They cannot be the best team since 1994 until they surpass 2013 achievement. you forget that we won ANC in 2013
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:They cannot be the best team since 1994 until they surpass 2013 achievement. you forget that we won ANC in 2013

that team that won 2013 was frankly an eyesore. A team that soon faded into obscurity and failed to qualify for 2 back to back ANCs. Nowhere near the attacking quality that is currently on display. They played 2 good games all tournament (CIV, Mali) the rest was average.

Yes I clarify that I am talking about style of play and potential. Not results.

I never got the joy watching Keshi's team that I get from watching this new team we have unfolding. Not even close.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Osimhen is the undisputed #1 in that ST position, but we need more depth so he can rest sometimes... maybe Rohr should start looking more at the likes of Cyriel Dessers.