Pochettino Sacked

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pochettino Sacked

Post by Its a Goal »

As much as I hate to see Poch go this is the best decision for all concerned. I said it from the start of the season that Poch's project had gone stale and something will have to change. It was either he was going to change the team entirely or he has to go. The sad thing was Poch had gotten too comfortable and lazy to make the changes he needed to make (aside Levy not pushing through the deals that Poch demanded). The likes of Eriksen, Aurier, Toby and Jan were no longer committed as before. In his first season he ruthlessly dealt with such players but freezing them out but now he just accepted his faith and hoped for the best. Unfortunately his lack of decisiveness meant results on the pitch would be affected and that in turn meant the second option had to be triggered in order to save the club.

I have been advocating for Jose Mourinho over the last 2 months. Not because he is the best manager out there but because he is the one to help restore winning mentality that is lacking in Spurs' DNA. Unlike Poch, JoMo believes winning trophies is vastly important and knows what it takes to win it. Playing attractive football is good for the neutrals but winning trophies is what makes the fans happy. In Jose we now have a better chance of winning something either this year or next. We will also now stand a chance of catching up to the top 4. The season is still salvageable but it depends on Levy backing JoMo in the January transfer window.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Is it true Pochettino was sacked for meeting with Arsenal management ?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ohenhen1 wrote:Pochettino is better than Borinhno. Borinho is a washed up coach that failed at Man utd.

Arsenal should make a move for Pochettino
Pochettino is better than Mourinho? Based on? Trophies? Wins? Tactics?

Man U last trophy was under which manager? Pochettino's trophy count is?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Jose Mourinho has been named as the new Tottenham manager, succeeding Mauricio Pochettino who was sacked on Tuesday. - thebeeb.co.uk
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Beaking news : Jose Mourinho named new Tottenham manager

Post by Sir V »

……...succeeding Mauricio Pochettino

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50483023
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Beaking news : Jose Mourinho named new Tottenham manage

Post by Sleaky72 »

#SPEECHLESS
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I don't know why people are moaning about Poch leaving. Results have been bad.
He's won nothing. Ranieri won the EPL and that didn't save him.
A manager is not permanently employed based on past results but the next one and the next...
Poch is never far from Real, Man United and other clubs rumour. We can get our peace of mind from all that rubbish
I wish Poch all the best and hope he finds a bigger gig than Spurs.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Spuds bus don land
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cic old boy wrote: Spuds bus don land
A new series of hating don start :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

pajimoh wrote: A new series of hating don start :rotf:
Spuds just got a new "fan" or is it 4 "fans" - Danfo Driver, Okokobioko, Yaya and Kaycee2G.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cristao II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Pochettino is better than Borinhno. Borinho is a washed up coach that failed at Man utd.

Based on current performance, not past glory.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

And this current performance is..... Damn this man, it is not by force to talk you know? Just mention the current performance and what it achieved...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Mourinho is in the last chance saloon. If he fails, his reputation will be lost.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

And this current performance is..... Damn this man, it is not by force to talk you know? Just mention the current performance and what it achieved...
Pochetino didn't get any signings last year, still led spurs to the Cl final, that was an incredible coaching job. Yes he has a bad start to the season. Wasn't given enough time and support to address the problems at Spurs. Maurinhno is a hack, past tense coach that will eventually fight his players and demand major amount of money for transfers.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:
oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Pochetino didn't get any signings last year, still led spurs to the Cl final, that was an incredible coaching job. Yes he has a bad start to the season. Wasn't given enough time and support to address the problems at Spurs. Maurinhno is a hack, past tense coach that will eventually fight his players and demand major amount of money for transfers.
And that is current performance, mscheew and I thought a coach is judged by his trophies Funny enough you mentioned current performance and then you went to reference last season loss of the CL, citing some dumb excuses. Well Jose won the same trophy with a team with lesser quality Porto. Yes it was in the past, just as the poor excuse you are citing here was in the past too

Thank God you are not a lawyer, but me I would have loved to see the faces of your clients as they receive their sentences based on the way you argue their cases.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote: A new series of hating don start :rotf:
Spuds just got a new "fan" or is it 4 "fans" - Danfo Driver, Okokobioko, Yaya and Kaycee2G.
Oh dear Lord. The effing Brady bunchbof muppets. Let me go and find something exciting to do - like watch bredas add more inches to their height. This could take a lifetime
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

And that is current performance, mscheew and I thought a coach is judged by his trophies Funny enough you mentioned current performance and then you went to reference last season loss of the CL, citing some dumb excuses. Well Jose won the same trophy with a team with lesser quality Porto. Yes it was in the past, just as the poor excuse you are citing here was in the past too

Thank God you are not a lawyer, but me I would have loved to see the faces of your clients as they receive their sentences based on the way you argue their cases.
The champions league final masked a season where he lost over 13 games. He practically gave Chelsea and Arsenal chance to get 4th place. The form continued this season. It just seem as if someone switched off his "winning" light.
Many times he practically conjure up a lose from winning positions
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
oloye wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Bros do me a favour and sit down and think carefully. Levy gave Pochettino the support required to achieve the targets he was set. The day a Spurs manager leading 1-0 against Sheffield decides to remove Dele Alli and bring on Foyth instead of going for the kill. Then loses 1-0 to a side which our U-19 later thwack. There was a lot of issues at Spurs. Levy doesn't expose much.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Mourinho plus Levy? Can they walk together?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

0 signings last season is not support. Borinhno will have a tantrum if that happened to him: Even Emery got more support than Pochetino. Pochettino is a good manager:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:When you advice a child and he fails to listen, it is the child who will then have to feel the wrath of his decisions.

When I asked Poche to leave Tottenham, he was twerking! He had a fantastic offer from Madrid and another from United. But he was twerking and refused to listen to me. I also asked him to resign early this season before they damage his career! He didnt listen !

well, HIA-YOU-ARE! Shey your eye don clear!
Sharaaaap my fren. :lol:

Pooch na your boy. Shey you were twerking and supporting him early in the season especially after they drew 2-2 at Etihad? Now wey yawa done gas, you done jump ship :rotf:

It's easy to be a 'big boy' manager when you don't have to win anything year in year out. But once the oga releases the purse strings small, you must improve the results from the previous season whether you like am or not. Such is life. Everything else na tori. Bunch of losers at WHL :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na only one yansh I use take twerk, until their curse begin ruin the man career! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My brother, I just dey quietly watch you since, I no wan talk but I honestly didn't see this one coming. :lol:

I'm just waiting for the hypocritical spurs fans (Cristao & co) wey go cheer Jose when Levy give am work. :rotf:

I think the more interesting poser is:

What happens to danfo driver?

Will he now support Spuds?

- As he did Inter
- As he once did Madrid
- As he once did Chelsea
- As he once did ManU
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bad day for me,Poch leaving and Jose taking over is never good for Arsenal fan,Now this is what this crazy Portuguese man will do
1)Win something to laugh at Arsenal
2)Break the curse his friend Okokobioko oga Danfo placed on spurs by just a phone call.
3)Make spurs a bigger team before he leave.