Mikel Obi on Hazard

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Mikel Obi on Hazard

Post by imehjunior »

Eden Hazard called 'lazy' by ex-Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel
Mikel on Hazard: "He didn't like to train hard. While we were working he was waiting for us to finish training just standing there"

Eden Hazard has endured a frustrating start to life in Spain
Eden Hazard has been branded the "laziest player I have played with" by former Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel, who also insisted Hazard remained an "incredible talent".

Mikel, now playing in Turkey, spent 11 seasons at Chelsea, five of them alongside Hazard, but was far from complimentary of the Real Madrid forward's work ethic, while insisting Chelsea boss Frank Lampard was the hardest working.

Hazard's start to life in Spain has not gone to plan, with injuries hampering his progress. Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has questioned the fitness work Hazard has put in earlier this month, with former team-mate Mikel the latest to question Hazard's methods.

"The laziest player I have played alongside is Eden Hazard," Mikel told beIN Sports in Turkey.

John Obi Mikel left Chelsea in 2017
"Hazard has an incredible talent, maybe not as good as [Lionel] Messi, but he can do whatever he wants with the ball at his feet.

"He didn't like to train hard. While we were working he was waiting for us to finish training just standing there. But on Sundays he was always man of the match, it was unbelievable."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skyspo ... -obi-mikel
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel Obi on Hazard

Post by danfo driver »

imehjunior wrote:Eden Hazard called 'lazy' by ex-Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel
Mikel on Hazard: "He didn't like to train hard. While we were working he was waiting for us to finish training just standing there"

Eden Hazard has been branded the "laziest player I have played with" by former Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel, who also insisted Hazard remained an "incredible talent".

Mikel, now playing in Turkey, spent 11 seasons at Chelsea, five of them alongside Hazard, but was far from complimentary of the Real Madrid forward's work ethic, while insisting Chelsea boss Frank Lampard was the hardest working.

Hazard's start to life in Spain has not gone to plan, with injuries hampering his progress. Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has questioned the fitness work Hazard has put in earlier this month, with former team-mate Mikel the latest to question Hazard's methods.

"The laziest player I have played alongside is Eden Hazard," Mikel told beIN Sports in Turkey.

"Hazard has an incredible talent, maybe not as good as [Lionel] Messi, but he can do whatever he wants with the ball at his feet.

"He didn't like to train hard. While we were working he was waiting for us to finish training just standing there. But on Sundays he was always man of the match, it was unbelievable."

Thats well known. Thats why I lost respect for him, as a player-- specifically the day he said he was just happy to play and he knows he will never be at Ronaldo and Messi level. His loser/lazy/weak mentality is very disappointing for the talent he has.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Eden Hazard called 'lazy' by ex-Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel

Thats well known. Thats why I lost respect for him, as a player-- specifically the day he said he was just happy to play and he knows he will never be at Ronaldo and Messi level. His loser/lazy/weak mentality is very disappointing for the talent he has.
Lol. Hazard has always been that way which is why I'm a bit surprised he pushed for the move to RM. His play at RM is his norm even in his best seasons at CFC that ended in league triumph. In those seasons, Diego Costa hit the ground running with the bulk of the goals then cooled off just after new year by which time, Hazard was in top shape to take over. That's hazard's way. He likes to win but loves to enjoy his football more. And he loves his summer relaxation. He never takes it too seriously. If RM can stay at or near the top by new year's they will run away with La Liga because by then, he will be in top form baring injury. The thing is he's too talented so, they have to manage his way and rely on others to carry the load for now.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...same lazy guy is playing at a top club, still representing his country, as captain too, and scoring to get them to championship tourney.
Some people got big mouth, unless na another fake reporting.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

mcal wrote:...same lazy guy is playing at a top club, still representing his country, as captain too, and scoring to get them to championship tourney.
Dey like you no read everything.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mcal wrote:...same lazy guy is playing at a top club, still representing his country, as captain too, and scoring to get them to championship tourney.
you slow sha kai :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

imehjunior wrote:
Dey like you no read everything.
...dey like say you no comprehend my comment.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cic old boy wrote:It was meant to be a joke. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... t-chelsea/
Lol, but he didn't pick Hazard in his best 11 Chelsea players, so I doubt its a 'joke' lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:It was meant to be a joke. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... t-chelsea/
Lol, but he didn't pick Hazard in his best 11 Chelsea players, so I doubt its a 'joke' lol.
em, Champs league winners were picked ....
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
em, Champs league winners were picked ....
They asked for best 11 players, Hazard individually is better than some of those that won CL and would be picked by almost all neutrals regardless of laziness in practice...I mean practice? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

At least hazard should had been ahead of jcole
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:At least hazard should had been ahead of jcole
Abi...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He should have added Robben too
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:He should have added Robben too
He did but did they even play together?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
google is your friend
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani JR wrote:
They played together in 2006/07 but Robben was injured a lot that season meaning Kalou got to play tons of minutes. Anyway fun fact for you. :P