Jamilu Collins Paderborn SC promoted to Bundesliga.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jamilu Collins Paderborn SC promoted to Bundesliga.

Post by Dammy »

This news got under the radar. Nigerian striker, Sulaiman Abdullahi scored a vital away goal for Union Berlin in the 1st leg of the promotion play off match against Stuttgart, the match ended in a 1-1 draw. The 2nd leg ended up goalless and Union Berlin get promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time.
Congratulations Abdullahi, we have another Nigerian in the Bundesliga next season.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:This news got under the radar. Nigerian striker, Sulaiman Abdullahi scored a vital away goal for Union Berlin in the 1st leg of the promotion play off match against Stuttgart, the match ended in a 1-1 draw. The 2nd leg ended up goalless and Union Berlin get promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time.
Congratulations Abdullahi, we have another Nigerian in the Bundesliga next season.
I saw it but didnt think it was necessary to post since he is on loan. Are they going to bring him back next season?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:This news got under the radar. Nigerian striker, Sulaiman Abdullahi scored a vital away goal for Union Berlin in the 1st leg of the promotion play off match against Stuttgart, the match ended in a 1-1 draw. The 2nd leg ended up goalless and Union Berlin get promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time.
I saw it but didnt think it was necessary to post since he is on loan. Are they going to bring him back next season?
Union Berlin have signed Abdullahi permanently.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Don't know much about this guy.
Doesn't seem to have been part of the Naija youth set up.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I just did a little research and discovered he was part of Manu Garba's 2014 U-20 team that played qualifiers but didn't make the world cup team.

https://africanfootball.com/news/435776 ... qualifiers
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I just did a little research and discovered he was part of Manu Garba's 2014 U-20 team that played qualifiers but didn't make the world cup team.

https://africanfootball.com/news/435776 ... qualifiers
Thanks.
Looking at that list I spotted Obinna Nwobodo who had us all really excited at the time.
He then suffered a potentially career-ending injury but thankfully recovered.
He's now somewhere in Hungary.
I wonder how he's doing out there...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The much maligned Collins having himself quite a game vs Dortmund and Sancho...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dortmund back from the dead

3-0 down at HT, now all tied...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp