APOY nominees

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
APOY nominees

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: APOY nominees

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If there is any fairness in the world Sadio Mane will win it. Mahrez as runner up and Ndidi as third.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ndidi as 3rd Lol this forum is filled with Comedians and mad people. so ndidi is ahead of Aubemeyang, pepe??
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

john12 wrote:ndidi as 3rd Lol this forum is filled with Comedians and mad people. so ndidi is ahead of Aubemeyang, pepe??
Pepe? Yes. Aubameyang? No.
Ndidi is in the top 10. No higher.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you do realize that aube was the joint top scorer last season at EPL, in addition to it, he also won player of the month award twice last season. for me, it is
1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

ndidi should be good enough for top 20
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:you do realize that aube was the joint top scorer last season at EPL, in addition to it, he also won player of the month award twice last season. for me, it is
1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

What exactly has Aubemayang done for Gabon in the past one year? Or are you staying that the EPL has now became the venue for deciding Africa's best player? Just asking. :dream: He is the odd guy in that list of top 3.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
john12 wrote:you do realize that aube was the joint top scorer last season at EPL, in addition to it, he also won player of the month award twice last season. for me, it is
1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

What exactly has Aubemayang done for Gabon in the past one year? Or are you staying that the EPL has now became the venue for deciding Africa's best player? Just asking. :dream: He is the odd guy in that list of top 3.
Chief, we've had this debate a few times before.
Personally I do not believe that performance for national teams should be the deciding factor on a player's overall rating.
If that were the case, Messi and Ronaldo would hardly have won all the WPOY accolades they have received.

They are the world's best players mainly because of what they have been seen to do with their clubs week in, week out.
National team performance is just the icing on the cake.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:ndidi as 3rd Lol this forum is filled with Comedians and mad people. so ndidi is ahead of Aubemeyang, pepe??
You have to either be trolling or just plain daft to think some 80 million pound hype job for a mid-table club like Arsenal is anywhere close to one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the world today.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

You are responding to a dumbo whose best days are spent committing larceny in the streets of New York and who has sold his life to anything "white" and "foreign" :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
You have to either be trolling or just plain daft to think some 80 million pound hype job for a mid-table club like Arsenal is anywhere close to one of the best and most consistent midfielders in the world today.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys know you are referring to John12 the Ekewnsu of New York? Abi? This is not a chap to be taken seriously. :rotf: :rotf:

One player is the best DM in the league and the other player cannot even start for a midtable club :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

Personally I do not believe that performance for national teams should be the deciding factor on a player's overall rating.
If that were the case, Messi and Ronaldo would hardly have won all the WPOY accolades they have received.

They are the world's best players mainly because of what they have been seen to do with their clubs week in, week out.
Weah also won a few at a time when he wasn't doing much in Africa, due to no fault of his. There is only so much you can do if your national team is lacking talent.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I thought APOY is for African players' performance in Football for the year. Was there any place in the rules that stipulated only performances on African soil or for the National team as the deciding factor?

If the body of work by the African player decides for them,irrespective of where this work is performed, then the EPL discussion is moot.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys know you are referring to John12 the Ekewnsu of New York? Abi? This is not a chap to be taken seriously. :rotf: :rotf:

One player is the best DM in the league and the other player cannot even start for a midtable club :rotf:
this is john, **** don send am western union
[/video]
SuperEagles

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

enugu with all due respect, APOY is an Individual award and not a team award. players are judged based on their individual performance for club and country. my brother, let's be honest do you really think ndidi 2018/19 individual performance was better than
1) mane - Champions league winner and epl joint top scorer
2) Salah - champions league winner and epl joint top scorer
3) Mahrez- epl and ANC winner
4) aubemeyang - EPL joint top scorer and player of the month twice

even pepe had a better 18/19 season than ndidi. you cannot expect 1 player to be the bedrock/brainchild of a small team if not, george wesh would had Won ANC for Liberia. As much as we love our players and hope they become the best in the continent, we have to be Honest with ourselves because that's how to become a better person.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:enugu with all due respect, APOY is an Individual award and not a team award. players are judged based on their individual performance for club and country. my brother, let's be honest do you really think ndidi 2018/19 individual performance was better than
1) mane - Champions league winner and epl joint top scorer
2) Salah - champions league winner and epl joint top scorer
3) Mahrez- epl and ANC winner
4) aubemeyang - EPL joint top scorer and player of the month twice

even pepe had a better 18/19 season than ndidi. you cannot expect 1 player to be the bedrock/brainchild of a small team if not, george wesh would had Won ANC for Liberia. As much as we love our players and hope they become the best in the continent, we have to be Honest with ourselves because that's how to become a better person.
Na wa for you o.
Which kine sermon be dis?
So someone has a difference of opinion and it means he is not being honest with himself????? :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

dr, I'm just tired of people talking nonsense and lying to their self. they dont care about Stats, Facts, Data, merits etc but will be speaking nonsense. this is the same arrogant statement they were saying prior to 2018 WC ala "(mordic, rakitic, perisic) are just names and ndidi will punish them" until we were taught a football lesson. Anyway, I will always give credit where credit is due and I wouldn't favor a player just because his nigerian. Nigeria is due for a global superstar but we have to be patient because the likes of Osimehn, chuwkueze and even Ndidi can become one of those. as for now, let's be HONEST in our judgement or just Keep mute. 1 guy was even trying to dismiss pepe 18/19 performance for Lille but the same guy is salivating over osimehn current performance for lille and osimehn hasn't matched pepe lille performance. #Ourtimewillcome #bepatient #dontinsultyourfellowAfricanplayer #beTRUTHfulinyourjudgement
Last edited by john12 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Dr, if I say John ogu should be APOY 2018/19 based on his performance for Nigeria and club. am I being Mad, Comic or Honest with myself?? abeg answer me o
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

Damunk,

We have debated this before and I believe it still has to be on the table until things change.

First, my position is not that it should be restricted to national teams. Instead, my position is that it should be restricted to playing for an African team -- club or country. Note that this position is not an aberration at all. European award is based on performance for European teams, same in South America, and same in Asia. In fact, my position is far more liberal than what is used in Europe, South America, or Asia as of NOW. It is a position that means both Neymar and Messi are not even under consideration to be named South American footballer of the year. They can only win the European award because they play for European clubs. Now compare that to Aubameyang being listed for an African award even when he denied playing for Gabon (don't remember if he changed his mind or not). That is a travesty that he can get an opportunity to win an African award when he refused to put on an African team shirt.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I agree with Enugu 100%.. take Mikel for example, he won Champ league and Afcon, CAF gave him 2nd behind yaya
SuperEagles

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:If there is any fairness in the world Sadio Mane will win it. Mahrez as runner up and Ndidi as third.
Ndidi as third? who born dog?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Mane, Salah, Mahrez should be top 3. Aubemeyang could also crack the top 3.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I think Mahrez will win it.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1) Mane
2) Mahrez
3) Salah/aubemeyang

I take the view that the African Cup of nations should play a key role in handing out these awards. It is not just about performing well in Europe, so for me Sallah and Aubameyang are out because of the dismal performances of Egypt and Gabon in the last Nations Cup.