Marco van Basten suspended following Nazi remark

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Marco van Basten suspended following Nazi remark

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50551888

kai all these Oyinbo folks , small small them dey expose themselves
The incident occurred on a weekend in which all players in the Netherlands' top two divisions agreed not to play in the first minute of games in order to protest against racism, following the abuse suffered by Excelsior's Ahmad Mendes Moreira.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Marco van Basten suspended following Nazi remark

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50551888

The incident occurred on a weekend in which all players in the Netherlands' top two divisions agreed not to play in the first minute of games in order to protest against racism, following the abuse suffered by Excelsior's Ahmad Mendes Moreira.

the heartz of men, as Tupac called it.... Kai, na wa. despite forming that formidable trio with Gullit and Frank Rikjaard... abi na we jus dey see am like dat from outside.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

the heartz of men, as Tupac called it.... Kai, na wa. despite forming that formidable trio with Gullit and Frank Rikjaard... abi na we jus dey see am like dat from outside.
I don’t get it, what does him ridiculing a German interviewer by saying ‘Sieg Hiel’ have to do with Gullit and Rijkaard?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I don’t get it, what does him ridiculing a German interviewer by saying ‘Sieg Hiel’ have to do with Gullit and Rijkaard?
maybe I misunderstood. I thought he made a Nazi comment....as in being racist.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

As far as I understand, bobo made an insensitive Nazi comment towards a white German, so nothing to do with race. The Dutch league just happened to be taking one minute delays in every game to protest a previous racially motivated abuse of a player. It’s two separate things sha...and is still wrong, but not racist.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

As far as I understand, bobo made an insensitive Nazi comment towards a white German, so nothing to do with race. The Dutch league just happened to be taking one minute delays in every game to protest a previous racially motivated abuse of a player. It’s two separate things sha...and is still wrong, but not racist.
Nazi comment is racist by definition racist even if it is directed at a white person, if he called a white guy the nword would it still be racist?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Lots of bad blood between the Dutch and the Germans, mostly from the Dutch side ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mace isn't intelligent at all, so nazi didn't kill white folks eh? Do you think only black folks are victims when it comes to racism? Oh boy go and learn about Auschwitz
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nazi comment is racist by definition racist even if it is directed at a white person, if he called a white guy the nword would it still be racist?
How is it racist by definition? What does it have to do with race? This is a white man making fun of another white man regarding white ppl stuff. Abeg why do we have to appropriate other people’s wahala when they not even worrying about us?

And even if you consider it racist does it have anything to do with Gullit etc who aren’t white or German?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mace isn't intelligent at all, so nazi didn't kill white folks eh? Do you think only black folks are victims when it comes to racism? Oh boy go and learn about Auschwitz
Lol even you wey post tori show me one place in the story where they called his comment racist. I’ll wait...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
How is it racist by definition? What does it have to do with race? This is a white man making fun of another white man regarding white ppl stuff. Abeg why do we have to appropriate other people’s wahala when they not even worrying about us?

And even if you consider it racist does it have anything to do with Gullit etc who aren’t white or German?
Nazism is racist ergo a quote propagating Nazis is a racist quote.

WE aren't doing anything, Fox Zports NL is the one who suspended him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

WE aren't doing anything, Fox Zports NL is the one who suspended him.
Tells me you didn’t read the article. Who was propagating Nazism? He was trying to make fun of a fellow interviewers accent (who happened to be German) by insinuating it sounded like Nazis. But the joke fell flat and he immediately apologized on camera. He was suspended because it was inappropriate, the people that suspended him mentioned NOTHING about racism, so why are WE?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

This is Germany/Holland beef not racism.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

It is like a man wey dey help people carry their loads come think say nah him owned the load! :roll:

Tufikwa :roll:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

WE aren't doing anything, Fox Zports NL is the one who suspended him.[/quote]

Tells me you didn’t read the article. Who was propagating Nazism? He was trying to make fun of a fellow interviewers accent (who happened to be German) by insinuating it sounded like Nazis. But the joke fell flat and he immediately apologized on camera. He was suspended because it was inappropriate, the people that suspended him mentioned NOTHING about racism, so why are WE?[/quote]

"Sieg Heil" is just an innocent quote I guess, I'm starting to buy in danfo's number in the user name theory.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

mace discuss when you are done
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Yawn...there’s no reasoning with fools, I guess context matters not anymore, so if I type ‘Sieg Hiel’ here in the context of this discussion that means I’m also propagating Nazism same as you Kalunki and therefore should be suspended from CE for racism abi... :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

mace discuss when you are done
Once you show me where in the article it was called racism...abi no be you post am? Wetin dey hold u?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:Yawn...there’s no reasoning with fools, I guess context matters not anymore, so if I type ‘Sieg Hiel’ here in the context of this discussion that means I’m also propagating Nazism same as you Kalunki and therefore should be suspended from CE for racism abi... :rotf: :rotf:
So I supposed this is why there are no internal debates nor critical thinking with yourself?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Omo it's not just about the intended target of the comment. It's also about the viewers and audience. There could be Jewish people listening and it could bring back all sorts of negative emotion and hurt. Not unless one is trying to underplay the hurt Jews suffered which is absolutely absurd.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Yawn...there’s no reasoning with fools, I guess context matters not anymore, so if I type ‘Sieg Hiel’ here in the context of this discussion that means I’m also propagating Nazism same as you Kalunki and therefore should be suspended from CE for racism abi... :rotf: :rotf:
So I supposed this is why there are no internal debates nor critical thinking with yourself?
Sure kalunki, stop being racist with your Nazism... :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

DIMKA76 wrote:Omo it's not just about the intended target of the comment. It's also about the viewers and audience. There could be Jewish people listening and it could bring back all sorts of negative emotion and hurt. Not unless one is trying to underplay the hurt Jews suffered which is absolutely absurd.
That’s why it’s inappropriate and he was rightly punished, but BP and his apprentice want to introduce racism where it doesn’t exist...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.