Eze Picks England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Re: Eze Picks England

Post by Next »

how i wish they will just keep these meetings to themselves and announce things when it's done. Abrahams' and Alli's episodes should have taught them a lesson or two... a las , NO!!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Next wrote:how i wish they will just keep these meetings to themselves and announce things when it's done. Abrahams' and Alli's episodes should have taught them a lesson or two... a las , NO!!
This is what everyone is saying.
I am not sure why Pinnick is making the same mistake all over again. Its not as if he isn't an intelligent man.
Maybe he knows something we don't but the optics are not good and all it does is raise the stakes for all parties concerned.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Pinnick Defends Decision To Visit Ebere Eze, Reveals Why He Visited QPR Star
by Joba Ogunwale November 26, 2019 in News, Nigeria

Criticism was levelled against the NFF president after pictures of him and Ebere Eze surfaced online, but Pinnick has defended the decision to share the details of the visit.

On Sunday the NFF revealed Pinnick met with QPR star, Ebere Eze with the mission to convince him to choose Nigeria over England.

However, the decision to reveal the details of the visit to the public did not go down well with Nigerians with many saying the recent Tammy Abraham’s saga should have thought them a lesson. But Pinnick rejected such criticisms, saying it was Ebere Eze that visited him at his place in London.

”Can you imagine a midfield with Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo & Eze?.” I’ve no regrets talking to Eze, who visited me at home with his girlfriend, Pinnick said.

”We need to make a solid representation at Qatar 2022 & it starts with improving on your squad with quality players like Eze.” We talked at length in my house and I won’t relent on his pursuit until the deal is done.
“He is Nigerian, the next big football sensation and I would rather he achieves that mission wearing Nigeria’s jerseys, instead of playing for another country.”

https://soccernet.ng/2019/11/pinnick-de ... -star.html
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Next wrote:how i wish they will just keep these meetings to themselves and announce things when it's done. Abrahams' and Alli's episodes should have taught them a lesson or two... a las , NO!!
This is what everyone is saying.
I am not sure why Pinnick is making the same mistake all over again. Its not as if he isn't an intelligent man.
Maybe he knows something we don't but the optics are not good and all it does is raise the stakes for all parties concerned.
This guy was never brought up in a professional environment I wouldn’t be surprised if the players agents invite him using him for publicity to alert the English FA!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

I'm just curious: let's assume Nigeria has the chance to cap all these players, would the English FA go all out to cap any player Naija wants to cap just to make sure they never get to play international games for Naija?

If they do then it will be too low in my eyes. But one thing is certain, they just can't cap all players with naijarian connection otherwise before time you will have almost all players of the three lions being Naijarian. Super Eagles of England and no more three lions ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

my own is that how did England start producing so many world class talents all of a sudden? we should learn from that instead of trying to poach all these boys. the eze that we're kissing his nyash cannot even get into england u 21 starting team. this is how bad it is for us in terms of talent
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I am currently watching Ejaria against Leeds. The boy is good, we may have gotten the better player.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

iworo wrote:Pinnick Defends Decision To Visit Ebere Eze, Reveals Why He Visited QPR Star
by Joba Ogunwale November 26, 2019 in News, Nigeria

Criticism was levelled against the NFF president after pictures of him and Ebere Eze surfaced online, but Pinnick has defended the decision to share the details of the visit.

On Sunday the NFF revealed Pinnick met with QPR star, Ebere Eze with the mission to convince him to choose Nigeria over England.

However, the decision to reveal the details of the visit to the public did not go down well with Nigerians with many saying the recent Tammy Abraham’s saga should have thought them a lesson. But Pinnick rejected such criticisms, saying it was Ebere Eze that visited him at his place in London.

”Can you imagine a midfield with Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo & Eze?.” I’ve no regrets talking to Eze, who visited me at home with his girlfriend, Pinnick said.

”We need to make a solid representation at Qatar 2022 & it starts with improving on your squad with quality players like Eze.” We talked at length in my house and I won’t relent on his pursuit until the deal is done.
“He is Nigerian, the next big football sensation and I would rather he achieves that mission wearing Nigeria’s jerseys, instead of playing for another country.”

https://soccernet.ng/2019/11/pinnick-de ... -star.html
Oga, na you invite am, how he take know ya address?
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Next wrote:I'm just curious: let's assume Nigeria has the chance to cap all these players, would the English FA go all out to cap any player Naija wants to cap just to make sure they never get to play international games for Naija?

If they do then it will be too low in my eyes. But one thing is certain, they just can't cap all players with naijarian connection otherwise before time you will have almost all players of the three lions being Naijarian. Super Eagles of England and no more three lions ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the thing!
I brought this up a few months ago when it was becoming increasingly obvious that this 'tug of war' for top Nigerian players born abroad was only just beginning.

There are probably hundreds of them coming through the youth ranks hopefully with the cream becoming good enough to fight for a place in the SE at some point in the future.
England is in for a battle and I believe we should not relent in claiming what is ours once they are good enough, eligible and willing to play for us. That means England will have to either cap all of them competitively or just play the game with us, so to speak. The former aint gonna happen, ever.

If they even play the dirty game of 'token capping' just to keep us at bay, the players themselves will soon understand what is happening and will take a step back, making it counterproductive for England in the long term.

As for Nigeria, the NFF and the NPFL, we just have to step up our game wrt the local league.

As a NIGERIAN SE FAN, I will not fall for the sentiment that we should relent in our hard-nosed pursuit of Nigeria-eligible players all over the world simply because our local players are not being called up in some kind of stupid 'quota' system policy.
Yes, we should do much more for our local league and players but developing the local league and scouting FB Nigerian ballers are not mutually exclusive.

Any other 'moral' argument is pure sentiment and sentiment doesn't win matches or tournaments.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

CAREER DECISION AWAITS QPR ACE
Published 4 hours ago on 03/12/2019By
Luke Phelps

Queens Park Rangers’ Ebere Eze has a decision to make over his international allegiance, but who will he choose – England or Nigeria?

It’s been the breakthrough season for Eze. Seven goals this season means he’s surpassed his tally of four last season and under the watchful eye of Mark Warburton, Eze has really established himself as a key component in that QPR team.

His form this season has caught the eye of many. Aidy Boothroyd was one, the England U21 boss gave Eze his full debut for the Young Lions last month. There’s also been interest from the Premier League shown in the 21-year-old, with Southampton said to be keen on a January transfer.

Everything has come at once for Eze – international duty, Premier League interest, and now the President of the Nigerian Football Federation has thrown another decision at him.

Amaju Pinnick has been in talks with both Eze and his parents in England in an attempt to get the QPR man to switch international allegiances to Nigeria in time for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

“We need to make a solid representation at Qatar 2022 and it starts with improving on your squad with quality players like Eze,” Pinnick told the BBC. “Can you imagine a midfield with Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo and Eze?”

The QPR man would definitely bolster the Super Eagles’ midfield but would he realistically want to represent Nigeria after only just starting his England career?

Pinnick has used the lure of the World Cup in three years. Eze could represent Nigeria in Qatar and play on the biggest stage of them all at 24-years-old, or he could hold out for a spot in the England squad, and try and represent them in Qatar.

With so much English talent coming through at the moment, Eze is one of many that could potentially be going to Qatar with England in 2022.

It’s a really difficult, life-changing decision that Eze has to make and at such a young age as well. Nigeria may well be a safer choice – Pinnick speaks very highly of the QPR man and has big hopes of him playing for Nigeria in Qatar.

England though is where Eze was born and whilst Nigeria may not go far in the World Cup, England have a very real chance of winning it. It’s not a decision that Eze will take lightly but whatever his outcome, QPR is where he’s at now.
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/signi ... s-qpr-ace/
Amaju Pinnick wants England U21 star Ebere Eze to 'improve' Nigeria
By Oluwashina Okeleji

Football Writer, France

QPR's Ebere Eze has played for England at under-20 and under-21 levels
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick says persuading England under-21 player Ebere Eze to play for the Super Eagles would improve the squad.

The NFF is hoping to convince the Queen's Park Rangers midfielder to play for them rather than England at senior level.
Eze, who was born in England to Nigerian parents, played twice for the Three Lions at under-21 level in November. But Pinnick wants Eze to switch allegiances to boost Nigeria's midfield as they plan for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

"We need to make a solid representation at Qatar 2022 and it starts with improving on your squad with quality players like Eze," he insisted.

"Can you imagine a midfield with Ndidi, Aribo, Etebo and Eze? it is one that will improve our squad."

Pinnick has already held meetings with the 21-year-old and his parents and believes they have gone well.

"I had a positive meeting with Ebere Eze in London and I spoke to his parents as well," said Pinnick.

"He requested for the chance to continue to focus on his club career which is going well so far, and that further progress will be made in due course

"But I am confidently hopeful that he will play for Nigeria soon."

Eze, who has scored seven goals and provided four assists so far this season, is considered as one of the hottest prospects outside of the Premier League.

His late penalty double and overall performance in a 3-2 away win at Hull City in October were particularly eye-catching.

However Pinnick's public pursuit of the player has come under criticism from fans and local media, after a similar approach with Tammy Abraham ended in failure as the Chelsea striker chose to play for England instead.

"I have no regrets talking to Eze, who visited me at home with his girlfriend," he added.

Nigeria have previously succeeded in snapping up former England youth internationals like Sone Aluko, Victor Moses, Shola Ameobi, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina for the Super Eagles.

Eze was one of a number of British-born players, along with Ola Aina and Chuka Akpom, invited to train with the Nigeria squad in London back in March 2017 - following a cancelled friendly with Burkina Faso.

Uncapped and overlooked by coach Gernot Rohr after the London gathering, the former Wycombe Wanderers loanee then went on to earn seven caps for the England under-20's between 2018 and 2019.

In August 2018, he agreed a new contract to stay at Championship club QPR until 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50628533
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EBE EZE SCREWED: Eberechi Eze’s £20m transfer to Tottenham could be scuppered by sacking of Mauricio Pochettino
EXCLUSIVE
Duncan Wright
30 Nov 2019, 22:30
EBERECHI EZE'S hopes of landing a dream move to Tottenham could be scuppered by the sacking of Mauricio Pochettino. The £20million-rated midfielder has been tracked by the majority of Premier League clubs after making a huge impact in the Championship with Queens Park Rangers.

Eberechi Eze has been tracked by Tottenham who had been expected to make a £20m to QPR in January

Spurs were at the head of the queue after Pochettino instructed his scouts to make detailed assessments of his game ahead of a potential bid in January.

But now that move is under threat following the club’s decision to axe the Argentine boss last month.

New manager Jose Mourinho has made a point of telling his current squad he is not immediately planning to make any new signings after taking charge.

Mourinho has been told there would be money available for him to make signings if he wants to when the transfer window opens next month.

But the Tottenham boss is keen to take his time to weigh up which areas of his squad need strengthening before he goes into the marker. And that threatens to block any plans to firm up their interest in Eze with a bid in January.

The 21-year-old is one of the stand-out players in the Championship and has already been accelerated into the England under-21 squad.

SunSport understands he was keen on the prospect of working with Pochettino to make the next step in his development. QPR had been expecting the bid to arrive next month, but now they could be able to keep hold of Eze until the end of the season.

Chelsea, Leicester and West Ham are among the clubs also regularly watching the midfielder in action.
Pochettino was a huge fan of Eze but his sacking may put on hold a Spurs move for the midfielder

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ttino-qpr/
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Pinnick the England based failed NFF chairman.

The other football team (national) have no managers.

Destroyed the u-13 and u-15 program started by Maigari

No visible on and off field achievement record in his first tenure.

Talks a good games, delivered rubbish!

We must praise him for his overseas recruitment.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Tobi17 wrote:Haven't heard much about Ademola Lookman lately, what's his form like lately?
Here's your answer.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... washington
“I’ve not changed my mind [on wanting to represent England] but I’m open and it’s good to have different opportunities,” he says