Rohr's Interview Escalates Conflict: NFF Issues Query......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr's Interview Escalates Conflict: NFF Issues Query......

Post by Enugu II »

NFF queries Gernot Rohr for ‘talking too much’
ByOlusola Adeoye -November 27, 2019
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/nff ... ing-266157

Super Eagles’ head coach Gernot Rohr has said winning the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) for Nigeria would make him the most excited person.

The Nigeria Football Federation says it has asked Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, to explain reasons behind several breaches of the contract that he signed with the body, which forbids him to divulge to the public/media information on some aspects of the contract.

Speaking in Abuja on Wednesday, NFF’s Technical Director, Mr. Bitrus Bewarang said Mr. Rohr’s new-found love for disclosing information beyond technical matters to the media is highly unprofessional and against the spirit and letter of his contractual relationship with the football–ruling body.

“In as much as we appreciate the work that Mr. Rohr has been doing with the Super Eagles in the past 40 months, his recent penchant for breaching provisions of the contract he signed with the NFF and the Code of Conduct for coaches is not good for the relationship.

“The NFF wishes that Mr. Rohr continues in the job because of the team he is building for Nigeria which looks promising and has earned some good results since he took charge, but he cannot continue to nonchalantly cause the NFF as a body, and Nigeria as a nation, reputational damage through his utterances and actions,” Bewarang said.

The respected Coach Bewarang, who was assistant to Clemens Westerhof when the Super Eagles qualified Nigeria for her first-ever FIFA World Cup and won the Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia in 1994, pinpointed Clause N of the Code of Conduct for coaches, which states that “coaches must not by their actions or inaction cause NFF or the Federal Government of Nigeria any harm, reputational damage or embarrassment, nor do anything directly or indirectly to undermine their contract with the NFF.”

In addition, Clause E of the same code says that “coaches must not misrepresent the NFF or distort information to the media. They are precluded from imparting unauthorized information to the media.”

While Clause 19 of Mr. Rohr’s contract with the NFF states that “the parties hereto agree that specific contents and especially the financial details of this contract shall be confidential and therefore agree to undertake whatsoever measures are necessary to preserve its confidentiality…,” Clause 11.2.5 was clear that “the coach shall refrain from talking to the press on matters outside his terms of employment i.e he can only talk to the press on technical matters about the Super Eagles. He cannot talk to the media about any confidential subjects or issues other than technical matters only relating to the team and the development or state of Nigerian football, technically.”

Bewarang regretted that Rohr has continually and flagrantly disrespected the provisions of his contract and the Code of Conduct for coaches, divulging information at every turn to generate negative reports about the NFF and Nigeria in the public space.

“As at today, the only money that the NFF is owing Mr. Rohr is the differential in his new contract (about $30,000) which our financial advisors have to align and interface with AITEO before payment (as the improved contract came into effect in the last half of the year), and which process was concluded on Friday last week. He will soon be paid. Mr. Rohr has talked about bonus from the 2019 AFCON, which is not contractual but discretionary on the part of the Federation. The present NFF started the policy of paying players a percentage of tournament bonus during the 2018 FIFA World Cup just to motivate them, outside their bonuses and allowances.

“We did not pay any bonus for the 2021 AFCON qualifying matches against Benin Republic and Lesotho because we are in the process of negotiating with the players on a new template of bonus payments based on performance after qualification for championships. This is still being discussed.

“The NFF is very much alive to its responsibilities but will not tolerate disrespect for the body and the country Nigeria by anyone. NFF can never be happy owing coaches in its employ which is the reason why the present administration took the unprecedented step of putting in place a sponsor specifically to pay coaches’ salaries. Last week, we paid all the National Team coaches and we are putting in place mechanism to ensure we don’t owe them going forward. We commend AITEO for its belief in the NFF and for always making funds available to pay the coaches.”

The NFF Technical Director expressed deep appreciation to all the partners and sponsors of the football –governing body for their commitment to the letter and spirit of their contracts with the football Federation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr's Interview Escalates Conflict: NFF Issues Query...

Post by Mr Shows »

Last week, we paid all the National Team coaches and we are putting in place mechanism to ensure we don’t owe them going forward

It's a damn shame that the NFF operate in such an unprofessional manner. They renegade on bonus payments, disregard their contractual obligations to pay salaries on time and then come out with the tripe they put out. :boo:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...when I say Nigeria is full idiotts some of their cohorts on here will as usual defend and call me names.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

mcal wrote:...when I say Nigeria is full idiotts some of their cohorts on here will as usual defend and call me names.

….What stops you from presenting yourself as an alternative to "these idiots"?

Internet Loud Mouth.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Babalawo wrote:
mcal wrote:...when I say Nigeria is full idiotts some of their cohorts on here will as usual defend and call me names.

Internet Loud Mouth.
Who born monkey? Dem no go let am show him face self, unless him know who know Mr. President.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Babalawo wrote:

Internet Loud Mouth.
Who born monkey? Dem no go let am show him face self, unless him know who know Mr. President.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Fake news! :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Babalawo wrote:

Internet Loud Mouth.

I see he struck a nerve given your close ties to "these idiots" who are running whats left of Nigeria to the ground.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Babalawo wrote:

Internet Loud Mouth.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:
Babalawo wrote:

Internet Loud Mouth.

I see he struck a nerve given your close ties to "these idiots" who are running whats left of Nigeria to the ground.
so you sef be internet loud mouth
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So you reserve the exclusive right to call Nigerians names? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Fake news! :boo:
... highly likely, but assuming the news is real, what is the problem with what coach Rohr said? The NFF paid the coaches last week, but such payment was after the coach expressed his PAIN
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
So you reserve the exclusive right to call Nigerians names? :blink:
...you, me, anyone can. It's a free world at least to critic.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Fake news! :boo:
... highly likely, but assuming the news is real, what is the problem with what coach Rohr said? The NFF paid the coaches last week, but such payment was after the coach expressed his PAIN
...it's frustrating, in Nigeria where a promise to pay is made when goods are delivered, then promise is not kept.
When you ask for it, complain about it, they will say you are in "breaches of contract".
This is why pensioners, civil servants, are owed money for so long and no one bats an eye. It's business as usual.
When I travel to Nigeria I want to be as self sufficient as possible, take everything I need for the duration I will be there. My fear is when I finally go back to relax for village.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
NFF queries Gernot Rohr for ‘talking too much’
ByOlusola Adeoye -November 27, 2019
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/nff ... ing-266157

Super Eagles’ head coach Gernot Rohr has said winning the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) for Nigeria would make him the most excited person.

The Nigeria Football Federation says it has asked Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, to explain reasons behind several breaches of the contract that he signed with the body, which forbids him to divulge to the public/media information on some aspects of the contract.

Speaking in Abuja on Wednesday, NFF’s Technical Director, Mr. Bitrus Bewarang said Mr. Rohr’s new-found love for disclosing information beyond technical matters to the media is highly unprofessional and against the spirit and letter of his contractual relationship with the football–ruling body.

“In as much as we appreciate the work that Mr. Rohr has been doing with the Super Eagles in the past 40 months, his recent penchant for breaching provisions of the contract he signed with the NFF and the Code of Conduct for coaches is not good for the relationship.

“The NFF wishes that Mr. Rohr continues in the job because of the team he is building for Nigeria which looks promising and has earned some good results since he took charge, but he cannot continue to nonchalantly cause the NFF as a body, and Nigeria as a nation, reputational damage through his utterances and actions,” Bewarang said.

The respected Coach Bewarang, who was assistant to Clemens Westerhof when the Super Eagles qualified Nigeria for her first-ever FIFA World Cup and won the Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia in 1994, pinpointed Clause N of the Code of Conduct for coaches, which states that “coaches must not by their actions or inaction cause NFF or the Federal Government of Nigeria any harm, reputational damage or embarrassment, nor do anything directly or indirectly to undermine their contract with the NFF.”

In addition, Clause E of the same code says that “coaches must not misrepresent the NFF or distort information to the media. They are precluded from imparting unauthorized information to the media.”

While Clause 19 of Mr. Rohr’s contract with the NFF states that “the parties hereto agree that specific contents and especially the financial details of this contract shall be confidential and therefore agree to undertake whatsoever measures are necessary to preserve its confidentiality…,” Clause 11.2.5 was clear that “the coach shall refrain from talking to the press on matters outside his terms of employment i.e he can only talk to the press on technical matters about the Super Eagles. He cannot talk to the media about any confidential subjects or issues other than technical matters only relating to the team and the development or state of Nigerian football, technically.”

Bewarang regretted that Rohr has continually and flagrantly disrespected the provisions of his contract and the Code of Conduct for coaches, divulging information at every turn to generate negative reports about the NFF and Nigeria in the public space.

“As at today, the only money that the NFF is owing Mr. Rohr is the differential in his new contract (about $30,000) which our financial advisors have to align and interface with AITEO before payment (as the improved contract came into effect in the last half of the year), and which process was concluded on Friday last week. He will soon be paid. Mr. Rohr has talked about bonus from the 2019 AFCON, which is not contractual but discretionary on the part of the Federation. The present NFF started the policy of paying players a percentage of tournament bonus during the 2018 FIFA World Cup just to motivate them, outside their bonuses and allowances.

“We did not pay any bonus for the 2021 AFCON qualifying matches against Benin Republic and Lesotho because we are in the process of negotiating with the players on a new template of bonus payments based on performance after qualification for championships. This is still being discussed.

“The NFF is very much alive to its responsibilities but will not tolerate disrespect for the body and the country Nigeria by anyone. NFF can never be happy owing coaches in its employ which is the reason why the present administration took the unprecedented step of putting in place a sponsor specifically to pay coaches’ salaries. Last week, we paid all the National Team coaches and we are putting in place mechanism to ensure we don’t owe them going forward. We commend AITEO for its belief in the NFF and for always making funds available to pay the coaches.”

The NFF Technical Director expressed deep appreciation to all the partners and sponsors of the football –governing body for their commitment to the letter and spirit of their contracts with the football Federation.
Ahhhhh!

Mr. Rohr is about to remove the one thing that made him very attractive to the crooks at NFF and insulated him from criticism.
His ability to suffer and smile and nod, saying everything is okay while he is being owed or even someone collecting Finder's Fee and Administrative Fee for his money, was too attractive. He will soon not be as attractive to them.
Like those before him, they will turn on him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

So if they are not paying him on time he's causing the NFF reputation, harm? Really
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

pajimoh wrote:So if they are not paying him on time he's causing the NFF reputation, harm? Really
...that's what the FA's idiottic cohorts on CE want you to accept. Don't piss us off. oloshis!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

**** is about to be fired
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Like I said, doesn't appear NFF wants to renew this man's contract
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

bret- hart wrote:
Babalawo wrote:

Internet Loud Mouth.

Dude be Quiet!
Peter Obi For President 2023
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Babalawo wrote:

Internet Loud Mouth.
:thumbs: :rotf:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Ahhhhh!

Mr. Rohr is about to remove the one thing that made him very attractive to the crooks at NFF and insulated him from criticism.
His ability to suffer and smile and nod, saying everything is okay while he is being owed or even someone collecting Finder's Fee and Administrative Fee for his money, was too attractive. He will soon not be as attractive to them.
Like those before him, they will turn on him.
Chief, you are too biased 'jare.
"The one thing"?
Really? :blink:

He has achieved nothing?

Okay let's see whether this pans out as you predict.
I doubt it very much :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't mind the idea of hiring Emanuel Amuneke and give him an experienced back room staff.

30 K per month to start with, he can earn more with good performance. Higher winning bonuses and etc. The NFF should spend what they can afford
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx