Mikel obi Vs Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Mikel obi Vs Ndidi

Post by john12 »

I have been hearing about all the accolades that ndidi get on this site and it has inspired me to ask this question.

mikel obi (prime) Vs Ndidi Who was better? Mikel mostly played as a DM for Chelsea but I think as a DM, Ndidi was better however, an overall Midfielder, Mikel (prime) was better. what do you guys think?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Mikel obi Vs Ndidi

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:I have been hearing about all the accolades that ndidi get on this site and it has inspired me to ask this question.

mikel obi (prime) Vs Ndidi Who was better? Mikel mostly played as a DM for Chelsea but I think as a DM, Ndidi was better however, an overall Midfielder, Mikel (prime) was better. what do you guys think?
What is better, an apple or an orange?
They are both fruits. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Let me kick off the war. Mikel was a much better defensive and offensive midfielder. It is not even close.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi is not comparable to Mikel. At his prime mikel was a general in any MF, he dictates the pace of the game and the direction of traffic. However, If its about hustle then Ndidi hands down.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ndidi is not comparable to Mikel. At his prime mikel was a general in any MF, he dictates the pace of the game and the direction of traffic. However, If its about hustle then Ndidi hands down.
Mikel is an Interceptor, Ndidi is an Interruptor
Mikel is a Distributor, Ndidi a Dispossessor

Very different types of midfield players
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ndidi is an actual Defensive midfielder where as Mikel was turned into one at Chelsea and was able to handle the change,Mikel did well for both club and country,Ndidi is already showing potential.
But if you want to compare do so.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ndidi is not comparable to Mikel. At his prime mikel was a general in any MF, he dictates the pace of the game and the direction of traffic. However, If its about hustle then Ndidi hands down.
Mikel is an Interceptor, Ndidi is an Interruptor
Mikel is a Distributor, Ndidi a Dispossessor

Very different types of midfield players
...I agree with that. Very different players.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Ndidi is an actual Defensive midfielder where as Mikel was turned into one at Chelsea and was able to handle the change,Mikel did well for both club and country,Ndidi is already showing potential.
Eaglezbeak,

Both were converted. Ndidi was a centre back with the U17 in most games as far as I remember.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi I think as a pure DM ndidi is better tho but as an overall midfielder, Mikel was better. how can people saybtheyre different players when both of them played as a DM for their clubside
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mikel is/was a much better passer of the ball. Ndidi is much more industrious than Mikel ever was. If Ndidi can improve his passing he will be the first $1 billion dollar valued player. :tic:

If I had to choose which one I would have on my team, Ndidi would be my choice.

Wha choo looking at?!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

To me, Mikel only works as a DM under a specific kind of coach in a specific situation. Even Nigeria never used him as a DM. Were there any reports for major transfer interest in Mikel while at Chelsea?

I admit, Mikel always confounded me as a player for Chelsea. I would never use such a guy as a DM, but year after year, he worked and worked well. But he never really did attract interest outside Chelsea. And when he got older - a feature that given Mikel's playing style, shouldn't be that detrimental - Chelsea benched him for traditional DMs....in the mold of Ndidi.

And I've never been able to figure it out. I can't imagine him playing that position for Nigeria...my heart will be in my mouth for 90 minutes. :scared:

I'm old school. I want my DM to be just like Ndidi...he's the prototype for me.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

A defensive minded player converted from CB to DM will always play that role better than an offensive minded midfielder converted to play as DM.
The biggie here is Mikel learned from the guy that defines that role Mikelele and Ndidi is a stopper extraordinaries
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

furiously frank wrote:A defensive minded player converted from CB to DM will always play that role better than an offensive minded midfielder converted to play as DM.
The biggie here is Mikel learned from the guy that defines that role Mikelele and Ndidi is a stopper extraordinaries
Ndidi is more similar to Mikelele than Mikel.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:
furiously frank wrote:A defensive minded player converted from CB to DM will always play that role better than an offensive minded midfielder converted to play as DM.
Ndidi is more similar to Mikelele than Mikel.
Only in your head
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Mikel - EPL, FA Cup, EFL Cup, Champions League, AFCON, Olympics.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Ndidi is an actual Defensive midfielder where as Mikel was turned into one at Chelsea and was able to handle the change,Mikel did well for both club and country,Ndidi is already showing potential.
Eaglezbeak,

Both were converted. Ndidi was a centre back with the U17 in most games as far as I remember.
Hence the reason why Ndidi is now a defensive midfielder.Mikel wasn’t originally a defensive player at all but he joined a Mourinho run Chelsea!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

DM position: Ndidi >>> Mikel
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

please stop comparing Mikel to Ndidi until he win atleast FA Cup or Carling cup
Mikel is a legend for Chelsea and Nigeria
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

This is an insult to Mikel.
Have you guys forgotten so soon?

Wake me up when Ndidi actually PERFORMS in the GWG!
Peter Obi For President 2023
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Ndidi is a better midfielder. Ndidi at 22 is already a world class defensive midfielder at a club without too many stars. Do not be surprised to see him soon at either PSG or Man City or Barcelona or Real Madrid or Liverpool. His trajectory is up. Meanwhile Mikel was a decent but not standout DM for Chelsea and the minute he left it was all downhill.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

dont forget that Mikel was being fought over by utd and chelsea at age 18. the moment they started posting mikel titles i.e EPL, fa cup, champions league, UEFA cup, ANC that's when I realized how this thread was an Epic fail! Mikel wins Hands down as a DM or CM
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The simple question is this. If you are playing a team, between Ndidi and Mikel who would you pick? I would pick Ndidi.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Babalawo wrote:This is an insult to Mikel.
Have you guys forgotten so soon?

Wake me up when Ndidi actually PERFORMS in the GWG!
:rotf: you know people likes the new flavor of the month
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved