Danfo jump in hia osiso

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Danfo jump in hia osiso

Post by cchinukw »

So you posted 2 manager threads that you didn't commit much of your opinion.

Just interested in knowing why. What do think of their approach and potential for future CL.

Not too long ago:
a) Eddie Howe

Recently:
b) Graham Potter

You thoughts please abeg :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Danfo jump in hia osiso

Post by danfo driver »

I gave my small opinion on Howe in that thread. I havent watched Bournemouth religiously, but the little I have seen impressed me. His team is very intense and I like the fact that he does what it takes to win. As in, sometimes, they play very god passing football and other times, they play agbero football. Thats one quality that shows you whether a manager will be a winner/is a winner. He/she doesnt stick to one style and die with it.

I also like the fact that he doesnt purchase only English players. He seems to purchase players who are quality and who will provide a need for the team. I never rated Ake either, and the fact that he has been able to make Ake good enough for the League is another plus.

I think he is ready to make that step up to a bigger club and compete.

Potter:

I dont know about him at all. I dont think I have ever watched any of his teams play sef. Oloye wanted him to fail after Brighton's misbehavior with Balogun, so my posts about him is just teasing Oloye.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:I gave my small opinion on Howe in that thread. I havent watched Bournemouth religiously, but the little I have seen impressed me. His team is very intense and I like the fact that he does what it takes to win. As in, sometimes, they play very god passing football and other times, they play agbero football. Thats one quality that shows you whether a manager will be a winner/is a winner. He/she doesnt stick to one style and die with it.

I also like the fact that he doesnt purchase only English players. He seems to purchase players who are quality and who will provide a need for the team. I never rated Ake either, and the fact that he has been able to make Ake good enough for the League is another plus.

Potter:

I dont know about him at all. I dont think I have ever watched any of his teams play sef. Oloye wanted him to fail after Brighton's misbehavior with Balogun, so my posts about him is just teasing Oloye.
Interesting.

For me the Potter guy seems to be a cerebral manager and I understand he is well read. Unusual for English managers.

Maybe there is a new generation that needs to be acknowledged.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assnal CE spammers begging danfo now :rotf: let them suffer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assnal CE spammers begging danfo now :rotf: let them suffer
I think its time for a touch of Ingrish. :taunt:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Interview
Eddie Howe: ‘I don’t want to be told my team didn’t play well by my piano teacher’

Ben Fisher
Bournemouth
Bournemouth’s manager discusses playing the wrong notes, the secret of longevity and how his son is following in his footsteps
Ben Fisher
Fri 29 Nov 2019 11.59 GMTLast modified on Fri 29 Nov 2019 12.44 GMT
Shares
Comments

Eddie Howe, whose Bournemouth play at Tottenham on Saturday, says: ‘Sitting back and putting my feet up and wallowing in it … never.’ Photograph: Zachary Culpin/ZacharyCulpin/BNPS/The Guardian

“You hear a lot of players say: ‘Well, the manager put the ball down and stuck it in the top corner.’ … I’m not one of them,” Eddie Howe says, breaking into laughter, halfway through explaining how he agreed to wear a microphone at a training session during pre-season in La Manga.

The subsequent video offered a fascinating insight into Howe’s thinking, intensity and his hands-on coaching style but that line in self-deprecation is symptomatic of the Bournemouth manager’s modesty; he is a workaholic, reluctant to overindulge in the seismic strides the club has made since his first game in charge at Darlington almost 11 years ago.

“I think along the way there have been fleeting moments where I’ve gone, ‘That was really good today’ or ‘That was a big moment’. You sort of know as you go along where the big successes have come but in terms of sitting back and putting my feet up and wallowing in it … never.

“Even at the end of the season, it’s always about the next achievement, the next thing we can do. And I want to be like that – that’s how I think you get the next one. One day I’m sure I will look back with so many special memories – probably too many to even talk about – but that will be the time I’ll enjoy it.”

Howe’s journey with Bournemouth from the foot of League Two to a fifth successive season in the Premier League is unprecedented and he is hungry for the club to break new ground. He is absorbing company at Bournemouth’s training pavilion, touching on everything from A-ha to cricket and Formula One, but it is his passion for coaching and the care he has for his players that shines through, as it does in that video clip.

“They are not going to stand and clap things that I do with the ball but I do like to try, if I can, to demonstrate something, whether it is defending, attacking or movements,” says the 42-year-old, who made more than 300 appearances for Bournemouth. “I’m very there, mentally and physically, with the players and always have been, and I’d like to think that won’t change in the short term at least.”

Howe is talking on a sofa in a corner of the canteen, fresh from analysing Tottenham – Saturday’s opponents – with the first-team coach, Stephen Purches, and Garvan Stewart, the head football analyst, having spent last weekend consumed by a 2-1 defeat at home by Wolves.

A diligent and meticulous character, Howe could not allow defeat to stew. “The first thing I do when I get home is I watch the game. I’ll make notes, clip team clips, individual player clips and then build on my initial impression of the game. I don’t like that feeling of not knowing the answers or feeling I don’t know the answers. You have a lot of emotions going through you at the end of a game but on the back of a performance and a result like that I tend to attack it straight away.”

Switching off, Howe confesses, has never been his strong point. He enjoys family time with his wife, Vicky, and their three sons, Harry, Rocky and Theodore, who was born in March, and taking Eric, his boxer, for a walk along the beach as well as the odd game of snooker. He has also taken up the piano, learning predominantly classical pieces, and every Wednesday he has a half-hour lesson.

“It probably tells you why I’m not improving quick enough: one half an hour a week,” he says, chuckling. “When I’m at home I’ll try to have five minutes before I go to bed. My wife has probably got to her wits’ end hearing me play the wrong notes in the wrong order at the wrong time.

Eddie Howe oversees training. ‘I’m very, very there, mentally and physically, with the players,’ he says.
FacebookTwitterPinterest

Eddie Howe oversees training. ‘I’m very, very there, mentally and physically, with the players,’ he says. Photograph: Robin Jones/AFC Bournemouth via Getty Images
“I wanted to do it for a long time and never did and the reason I’m doing it is to try to educate my eldest son, Harry, so I can teach him what I know. So I’m being taught and then as I learn I’ll teach him, so that when he’s alone with me, I can play with him or try to help him.

“He’s got to a point now though where’s better than me already, so it’s a tough gig. It goes to show how young people adapt so much quicker than older people. He is learning and able to take it on a lot quicker than I am. I think there’s something quite therapeutic about it. You’re trying to make a nice sound – and although I don’t it is quite relaxing. Learning a new skill, although it is mentally quite draining, it’s also quite nice because it’s so different.”

It is just as well, Howe says, that his tutor is not a football fanatic. “No, I don’t want to be told my team didn’t play well last week from my piano teacher,” he says, smiling. “He’s well aware of how bad I am. He’s a very patient guy and he’s been very good with me. He goes, ‘Have you practised?’ I’ll say, ‘Aaah, I’ve got to be honest, no, I’ve had a very busy week this week.’ I’ll say, ‘I’ve had three games in a week’ and he’ll go, ‘No problem.’ He understands.”

Howe’s eldest boy is in Bournemouth’s academy, as is his assistant manager Jason Tindall’s son Levi, and Purches’s son Harry. “It’s another way I do relax, by watching him train,” he says. “I say relax … When he does well I relax and enjoy it and when he’s not doing so well, when he’s being lazy, not recovering back or not tackling, it will agitate me. To watch him enjoy the game and find a love for the game so early, it’s a great thing to see.”

As Howe describes his son’s attributes, it is easy to forget he is talking about an eight-year-old – “he’s technically good, he plays off both feet, he’s probably the opposite of what I was”– and smiles at the prospect of the trio following in their fathers’ footsteps.

Although he enjoys watching Harry from the sidelines, Howe also feels he has a responsibility to show an interest in all of the boys. “It’s important in my role as the manager of the club. There was a spell when I felt we hadn’t contacted enough of the players, so we went down to the centre of excellence and put a session on – all of my first-team staff – to make sure they know we care about every kid there.”

Eddie Howe celebrates this month’s win at home to Manchester United.
FacebookTwitterPinterest

Eddie Howe celebrates this month’s win at home to Manchester United. Photograph: Mark Kerton/PA
Arguably the most comforting thing for Howe is that Harry is no longer his harshest critic. “I think he’s learning to be a bit softer with me actually. He came home after the Wolves game and cuddled me straight away and goes: ‘That wasn’t great today, Dad, was it?’ Before he has been a lot harder with me, so I was quite appreciative of the support.”

Howe is the second-longest-serving manager in the country, behind Wycombe’s Gareth Ainsworth and the longest-serving in the Premier League. After returning to the club from Burnley, Howe has been in charge for seven years, 46 days and counting. In an unforgiving era, such permanence is almost unheard of – only five managers in the top four tiers have been in charge for longer than four years after Mauricio Pochettino became the 22nd manager to lose his job this season.

“You can look at it both ways, that’s probably the best way to put it. Brilliant that we’ve had long-term success and I’m very proud to manage the club but I know on the flip side when I talk about Mauricio, how fragile the job can be and that longevity can then be used as a weakness against you. ‘I’ve been here too long, need a change,’ all of those things, so you’re sort of battling those two things all of the time. I think there’s a lot to be said for, probably from my side, if you’re happy in the environment you are in and you are trusted by very good people above you and the conditions are right for you to do your best work, then that is worth so much. I think that would probably be a bigger thing for me than anything else.”

The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email.
The million-dollar question follows: what’s the secret to such longevity? The crux of Howe’s answer is innovation and a thirst to improve – in the summer he picked the brains of those at Villarreal and Bayern Munich. “It is very easy to be lazy and churn out the same stuff because you have done it before but we have never followed that and we always try to push to create new things.”

After Pochettino’s departure, Howe says he took a moment to take stock. “Just a recheck: ‘Are we doing everything we can to be successful?’ If a manager of that quality, who has achieved what he has at Tottenham – and in my opinion was one of the league’s best managers – can get the sack so soon after getting to the Champions League final, then it can happen to anybody. For me he’s one of the best managers in the league.”

Just how much more can Bournemouth achieve on his watch? “It’s a difficult one to answer. All I would say is we can win a lot more games and ultimately that will decide what happens after that. I think this season alone we could have won near enough every game. We are a strong, competitive team. Who knows what the outcome is going to be?”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... view-piano

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assnal fans who picks chicken gizzard, cut grasses, make hotel beds as jobs etc are u people listening
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Assnal fans who picks chicken gizzard, cut grasses, make hotel beds as jobs etc are u people listening
And you na turkey master :P :lol: :evil: :lol: :P :taunt: :twisted:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

If arsenal knows what’s good for them, they will use Freddy Lui to see out the season then break the bank and go all out for Brendan Rodgers.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

green4life wrote:If arsenal knows what’s good for them, they will use Freddy Lui to see out the season then break the bank and go all out for Brendan Rodgers.
You think Rogers will leave his current team for Arsenal?His team is better than my beloved will likely play CL,Freddy might take Arsenal to join Everton at t he bottom.Lets wait and see tomorrow how he line up
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:If arsenal knows what’s good for them, they will use Freddy Lui to see out the season then break the bank and go all out for Brendan Rodgers.

What if Freddie gets them relegated? Or out of CL?

I agree with you that they should not make a permanent appointment until the end of the season.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:

What if Freddie gets them relegated? Or out of CL?

I agree with you that they should not make a permanent appointment until the end of the season.
Lol. Even if he ‘tries his best’ to get them relegated he can’t do it due to too much quality compared to the bottom teams. I mean it’s obvious from recent interviews that Brendan Rodgers is open to move to a bigger club after this season even if that club isn’t in CL. Rodgers will arrange serious thanksgiving mass plus massive owambe reception if he lands the Arsenal job. The only way he doesn’t end up at Arsenal is if their board somehow fcuuks it up. It’s that much of a no brainer :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I gave my small opinion on Howe in that thread. I havent watched Bournemouth religiously, but the little I have seen impressed me. His team is very intense and I like the fact that he does what it takes to win. As in, sometimes, they play very god passing football and other times, they play agbero football. Thats one quality that shows you whether a manager will be a winner/is a winner. He/she doesnt stick to one style and die with it.

Potter:

Interesting.

For me the Potter guy seems to be a cerebral manager and I understand he is well read. Unusual for English managers.

Maybe there is a new generation that needs to be acknowledged.
Watched all Brighton games this season b/c of Potter.
With better defensive organization he can become a top manager in 2-3yrs.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp