Should Gernor Rohr Go or Stay ? (VOX POP)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Should Gernor Rohr Go or Stay ? (VOX POP)

Post by Purity »

Did a vox pop with some local journalists if Rohr should go or stay with the Super Eagles..

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should Gernor Rohr Go or Stay ? (VOX POP)

Post by Babalawo »

RMS!

Rohr Must Stay!
Peter Obi For President 2023
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Certainly go if his asking salary is 100K per month. 100K per month for Daniel Akpeyi starting for Nigeria, no thank you.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

i thought the thread title said the cretin has chicken pox. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

If you like participation trophies..then Rohr should stay
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

nanijoe wrote:If you like participation trophies..then Rohr should stay
Participation trophies are shiny if won by Oyinbo na Oyinbo
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
You meant, achieving learning certificate.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
You meant, achieving learning certificate.

and using powerpoint
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Purity wrote:Did a vox pop with some local journalists if Rohr should go or stay with the Super Eagles..

So you guys could not vox pop on the filth all around Port Harcourt, but found time to vox pop on about the only Nigerian employee producing positive results? Y'all need gaddem jobs!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope he stays. I've seen some improvements since the AFCON and think the team is getting better.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

100k per month is 1.2 million dollars a year, if he stays until after 2022 world cup. He would have hustled Nigeria out of 2.4 million dollars to deliver nothing.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

ohenhen1 wrote:100k per month is 1.2 million dollars a year, if he stays until after 2022 world cup. He would have hustled Nigeria out of 2.4 million dollars to deliver nothing.
He qualified for AfCON, and WC. He has built the best defensive SE in years and we played the best football against Lesotho since 1994. Be Grateful for once.

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Stephen Keshi(RIP) also qualified Nigeria for the WC and AFCON. He actually won the Afcon and got Nigeria to the 2nd round of the world cup. I read an article that said he was been paid 19K per month, 230 K dollars a year.

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rohr is around $37k per month and not $100k per month..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Purity wrote:Rohr is around $37k per month and not $100k per month..
Why are you wasting your time trying to set the records straight with those clowns above you, the only wey full their coconut heads na "sack Rohr" "sack Rohr*, OK after Rohr is sacked which world class coach have you recommended for the NFF? what plans have you cognitively suggested to move the SE(apparently the only functional and stable national team, the only salvageable beacon of hope for Nigerian football fans amidst a terrible year of football at all levels) forward into a stable transition when your "sack Rohr" prayers are answered? is Rohr the reason why our football even down to its grassroot level is fundamentally bad? or why our local league can't even produce decent players anymore? what are the guarantees the new manager won't come in and ruin a great team chemistry, disrupt what seems to be a promising rebuilding process, and shoehorn his own philosophy that might significantly see us failing to qualify for tournaments much less have any hopes of competing to win in any...? if you ask them thesr questions, don't let expect anything intelligent or constructive... all they know how to do best is recourse to knee-jerk emotional rants about how we are celebrating beating the likes of Lesotho, or how Rohr won bronze, or how Keshi won a AFCON gold medal blah blah blah blah, same old rinse and repeat one liners.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Why are you wasting your time trying to set the records straight with those clowns above you, the only wey full their coconut heads na "sack Rohr" "sack Rohr*, OK after Rohr is sacked which world class coach have you recommended for the NFF? what plans have you cognitively suggested to move the SE(apparently the only functional and stable national team, the only salvageable beacon of hope for Nigerian football fans amidst a terrible year of football at all levels) forward into a stable transition when your "sack Rohr" prayers are answered? is Rohr the reason why our football even down to its grassroot level is fundamentally bad? or why our local league can't even produce decent players anymore? what are the guarantees the new manager won't come in and ruin a great team chemistry, disrupt what seems to be a promising rebuilding process, and shoehorn his own philosophy that might significantly see us failing to qualify for tournaments much less have any hopes of competing to win in any...? if you ask them thesr questions, don't let expect anything intelligent or constructive... all they know how to do best is recourse to knee-jerk emotional rants about how we are celebrating beating the likes of Lesotho, or how Rohr won bronze, or how Keshi won a AFCON gold medal blah blah blah blah, same old rinse and repeat one liners.
I read somewhere he was on $47 K per month. The rumor is he is asking for $100 K per month for his new contract.

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

whether he's on $500 or $500,000 a month is irrelevant to me..the question you have to ask yourself is what makes you happy with the SE. If the answer is "we tried" , then Rohr is definitely your man.
If on the other hand Trophies mean anything to you..just follow a different sport until the man leaves.

The SE is essentially Everton[of a few years ago] at this point..they look good on paper, will beat many small teams..give some big teams trouble, but you can bet your paycheck they ain't winning diddly squat. I would rather be a Leicester who fights to avoid relegation one season, and wins it all [or at least has plans to]..another season.

Tobi17 wrote:
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

nanijoe wrote:whether he's on $500 or $500,000 a month is irrelevant to me..the question you have to ask yourself is what makes you happy with the SE. If the answer is "we tried" , then Rohr is definitely your man.
If on the other hand Trophies mean anything to you..just follow a different sport until the man leaves.

The SE is essentially Everton[of a few years ago] at this point..they look good on paper, will beat many small teams..give some big teams trouble, but you can bet your paycheck they ain't winning diddly squat. I would rather be a Leicester who fights to avoid relegation one season, and wins it all [or at least has plans to]..another season.

Tobi17 wrote:
My Oga, so what and who is the alternative? No decent coach worth his salt will come close to the NFF.

Rohr should continue! He will get it right.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Stephen Keshi(RIP) also qualified Nigeria for the WC and AFCON. He actually won the Afcon and got Nigeria to the 2nd round of the world cup. I read an article that said he was been paid 19K per month, 230 K dollars a year.
Selective reading or maybe selective comprehension.

You didn't read that Keshi was on $30,000 a month, abi?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28897545

And you definitely didn't read where Keshi failed to qualify us for AFCON 2015, losing to mighty Sudan and even Congo at home? Oh, my bad. That was probably Rohr again, doing his usual thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Afri ... on_Group_A

This is what we mean when we say you people force us to reluctantly dig up the failings of Keshi in a attempt to balance out your lies and distortions.
Then you turn round and accuse us of being Keshi haters. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

And Keshi was on $30k/month and not Ohenhen's 19 Naira abi weytin he call am? :lol: .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I read somewhere he was on $47 K per month. The rumor is he is asking for $100 K per month for his new contract.
Stick with the freaking facts as we know them and leave the rumours to the likes of Ohenhen1 and ---
Ooops! My bad.....

That's you... :idea:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I am quite capable of organizing Learning Experience and Tours for the SE @ 1/2 the cost. But if y'all insist, go ahead and play mugu.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Babalawo wrote:
nanijoe wrote:whether he's on $500 or $500,000 a month is irrelevant to me..the question you have to ask yourself is what makes you happy with the SE. If the answer is "we tried" , then Rohr is definitely your man.

My Oga, so what and who is the alternative?
No decent coach worth his salt will come close to the NFF.

Rohr should continue! He will get it right.
This is where they all draw a blank.
The cop-out is "it is not my job to find an alternative".

Personally I think we should approach either Pep or Pochettino - proven pedigree.
Maybe one of them will pity us and cut their salary and then help us reach the WC semi finals at least. :roll: