Akpeyi wins Player of the month in SA league

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Akpeyi wins Player of the month in SA league

Post by naijaguy »

Dude silencing his critics. I don't see him retiring anytime soon from the S.E...
seems Rohr was right afterall.

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/art ... ame/668448

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2019/11/ ... th-in-psl/
Daniel Akpeyi has been rewarded for his fine performance for Premier South Africa League leaders Kaizer Chiefs with the award of the best player in the league, the league body has announced.

Akpeyi won the award after impressing in nine league games this season where he was pivotal in helping Kaizer Chiefs retain their position on top of the league standings. His form has already earned him a recall to the senior national team of Nigeria.

33 year old Akpeyi while reacting to the award said it came to him as a surprise and thanked the technical crew for keeping the faith in him in the face of fierce criticism before he finally found his feet in the team.

” It is (award) a big surprise to me but it also shows the importance of putting effort forward in whatever you do. I give credit to the technical team who have been patient with me”, he said.

” I’m settling in, I’m taking each game as it comes. Itumeleng Khune is a good keeper, I’m just grateful for the opportunity from the coach. It’s a healthy competition in that department (goalkeeper) . I’m just happy to be improving all the time”.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Akpeyi wins Player of the month in SA league

Post by Lolly »

Congrats to the lad. And the guy is also loved by South Africans as I noticed when we landed at Joburgh airport last week. We were on the same flight. Very cool chap.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Lolly wrote:Congrats to the lad. And the guy is also loved by South Africans as I noticed when we landed at Joburgh airport last week. We were on the same flight. Very cool chap.
True
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Lolly wrote:Congrats to the lad. And the guy is also loved by South Africans as I noticed when we landed at Joburgh airport last week. We were on the same flight. Very cool chap.

He's a great example of how to keep your chin up and continue to grind despite all the criticism. If we are being honest with ourselves, he stepped up big time at the African Nations Cup. Mind you we still need to find more suitable goalkeepers, but I doff my hat to him for his efforts all the same.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Is the SA league that poor ? Kai.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Is the SA league that poor ? Kai.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Actually I think keeping at the Nations Cup has given him a shot of confidence. He was pants for Kaizer Chiefs when he moved there last season, but he's been getting the job done now. I expect him to continue to be in the national team mix while we groom the goalkeepers that will eventually replace him. Nigeria has some good young goalkeepers coming through the ranks at the moment. Our so called goalkeeping crisis will not last for much longer if we do the right things (which is always a big IF with us).
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Congrats to Akpeyi
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Consider the more likely alternative. You were,are and is continuing to be wrong about him due to your bias.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The spinning continues ........ I heard Real Madrid, Liverpool & PSG are interested !!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

South Africa can keep him. Rubbish goalkeeper.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Daniel Akpeyi congratulations.

Please ignore all those hate mails.

Keep it up. Keep working harder, more success will come your way.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Congratulations to Nigeria's international goalkeeper!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Congrats to the lad. Well done...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I suspect an Ayoakinfe-type 'handshake' has transpired... :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote:
Consider the more likely alternative. You were,are and is continuing to be wrong about him due to your bias.
Kpom.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote:
I suspect an Ayoakinfe-type 'handshake' has transpired... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope. I thanked him for his selfless service to our country and prayed for him. He is now my favourite Eagle.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This is a case of the one eye man being the king in the land of the blind? Akpeyi is a terrible goalkeeper! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Good and humble guy, but quite a poor goalie when playing for Nigeria.
Truly, we can do better and we have better if Alloy Agu does his work.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fajex wrote:Good and humble guy, but quite a poor goalie when playing for Nigeria.
Truly, we can do better and we have better if Alloy Agu does his work.
Call-ups to the national team anywhere in the world is not a hidden or secret business, unlike club football.
Heirs apparent to national team places are or should be visibly out there doing their thing at club level for all to see.
Its not for a national coach to start looking in the nooks and crannies for a national team player, or to start teaching them their basic trade in national camp. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "