Oga vs Germany (April 1998)

Re: Oga vs Germany (April 1998)

Oh lawd! Here we go again.
ogasir

Post by ogasir »

When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST

ogasir wrote:When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.
I rate Kanu ahead of him 24/7

When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.

kolinzo wrote:When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.

Cant argue with a fanatic.

Okocha is one of the most overrated footballers in history. Im glad we don't have players like him anymore in the NT.

kolinzo wrote:When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.

How many goals did Okocha score at the World Cup?? How many assists?? Pls stick to being a Trump supporter. :dream:

Oya all of dem dat did not respect oga on this thread should have their CE memberships revoked forthwith! Nonsense! :curse:

By the way did y'all see those delicious cross field passes from The Great One? :mrgreen:

Scipio Africanus wrote:[/video]

I was there LIVE and DIRECT in Köln(Cologne) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Germans were f--king scared of Oga & King Kanu.
Ike and Shakpoke(sp) were massive on that day too, sadly for Nigeria both missed the WC because of injury.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

Till date the most popular, beloved and most respected AFRICAN player in Germany.
When someone is more popular that his country..............then you know that you are dealing with a fullblown legend.
Jayjay is Legend. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

Great video

ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.
Kanu is the most overrated player in Nigerian football history. He's a legend but largely for what he did in age grade competition, no one can name a standout game for the Super Eagles that he had, which is why to this day his greatest contribution to the team was Christopher Kanu.

Afcon 2000, Kanu was assist king..won APOY 2ce...what a legend

zee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:[/video]

I was there LIVE and DIRECT in Köln(Cologne) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Germans were f--king scared of Oga & King Kanu.
Ike and Shakpoke(sp) were massive on that day too, sadly for Nigeria both missed the WC because of injury.
You have enjoyed o! :clap: :clap:

What sublime quality we had in Oga JJ! :thumbs: So good that the great Mario Zagalo of Brazil was begging him for autograph, in the middle of the Nigeria-Brazil friendly! :rotf: :rotf:

:58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

1:20 - Sent a German player out of the stadium, all the way to Frankfurt

2:29 - Germans take revenge with brutal tackle on Oga

3:10 - Germans dish out another savage tackle on The Great One :curse:

3:35 - Oga responds with another piece of sublime skill :clap: :clap:

That German vex, almost took out Jay jay

Scipio Africanus wrote::58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

Best of all he makes those plays look so effortless, those cross field passes that a lot of our players struggle with. Funny enough it’s only a defender in Semishems that can play them consistently.

Scipio Africanus wrote::58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

Best of all he makes those plays look so effortless, those cross field passes that a lot of our players struggle with. Funny enough it’s only a defender in Semishems that can play them consistently.
:clap: :clap: :clap: You have said it all. I am not ashamed to admit that probably 10% of the total views on that video are from yours truly. :mrgreen:

People that say Okocha is overrated are just looking to be contrarian. I can admit that early in his career, he was not the most focused, but the sheer talent was unmistakable.... Easily one of the best Number 10s ever

There's a reason why when the legends of the game break bread, only OGA is present. I'm talking legends like Pele, Zizou, Ronaldinho etc. They have a party and only OGA gets the invite. For those saying he was overrated and his fans dont know football. I guess you know football better than Sir Alex Ferguson, Mario Zagallo, Peleand George Best etc. That have all stamped his game with eulogies. George Best actually gave him his name and said he was THE BEST.

eyan

Post by eyan »

ANC wrote:

A striker/forward that went to 5 ANC and 3 WC without a goal is better than a midfielder that carried the team, made assists and scored important goal. Anyway, fact is useless here.
eyan

Post by eyan »

bret- hart wrote:

How many goals did Okocha score at the World Cup?? How many assists?? Pls stick to being a Trump supporter. :dream:
I remember Okocha setting up Kanu 1-1 with the Keeper, but Kanu Cldnt even put the golden chance away. When it comes to SE, Kanu is one of the overrated players while Jayjay was one of the best.