2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kenmega
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v BOU [WK 14]

Post by kenmega »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: The key at this moment is figure out how to win by scoring more.

Scoring more? Against who? You think you will play against West Ham and Bournemouth every weekend? :rotf: :rotf:
With time that defense will get better.

No it wont! Remember I have been telling you this for more than a year. The issue is not the tactics or the system. the issue is that your defenders are bad. They have fancy names and are very talented players, but they are very bad defenders. You cant coach that. They need to be replaced.

If Mourinho is so stupid to give Vert and Alderweireld a contract, then he is not ready to succeed.
They keep tiring out towards the end of matches and that is a fitness issue.
It is NOT a fiteness issue. Thats a lie and excuse told by Mourinho in order not to hurt their feelings. West ham, Olympiakos and Bournemouth players are made of wood abi? They dont get tired too?

It is tiredness that made Sissoko refuse to put in a serious challenge on Danjuma leading to the second goal? Or tiredness that made Vert forget to track Wilson for the second goal?

No let Mourinho deceive you my friend. He is just trying to be supportive to players who are very bad in defending.
What he may want to do going forward is once he gets his 3 goal lead

Dude! You aint getting 3 goals every week!! WTH???!! WHere is this arrogance coming from? Where you getting 3 goals every week under Poch?? You think you'll be playing Olympiakos and West Ham and Bournemouth every week?
switch up the game by bringing on DMers rather than attackers.
You ended the game with Sissoko, Winks and Dier.
Hopefully Hugo will be back in January and that defense will help too.
You know what I think of Hugo.

You guys need to force-buy the Schalke keeper instead of waiting for him to be free in the summer and also buy Koulibaly (Napoli). You gotta be honest and ruthless.
This is one of the reasons Poch wanted to get rid of them.
Mourinho won’t tolerate crap from Toby and Jan in defence.
If Levy wants trophies and Top 4, he will need to spend money on new defenders..
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

No problem, Wednesday or Saturday we will still score our customary 3 goals and concede another 2.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Its a Goal wrote:No problem, Wednesday or Saturday we will still score our customary 3 goals and concede another 2.
There was a communication issue between GK and the defenders hence why clueless defending in the last three games. This is not good enough to get top 4 and goal difference could play a huge part by the end of the season.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:No problem, Wednesday or Saturday we will still score our customary 3 goals and concede another 2.
There was a communication issue between GK and the defenders hence why clueless defending in the last three games. This is not good enough to get top 4 and goal difference could play a huge part by the end of the season.
I am intrigued by IAG's arrogance. Is it because Mourinho is your coach?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:
I am intrigued by IAG's arrogance. Is it because Mourinho is your coach?
He’s not the only one. Some Spurs supporters think like him. I don’t know if it’s arrogance or not but you know Mourinho was not happy with those goals conceded today and we cannot perform like this against United in midweek. The way Gazza and Sanchez dont talk in these games shows you that the defence is still shite. Ndombele failed to communicate with the defenders in which that lead to the goal Wilson scored from that free kick. Mourinho will want his players to communicate effectively to win games as a team and keep clean sheets as a team.

Spurs always lacked that ruthless killer instinct - that’s why I despised Levy for not using that mentality for the last 20 years as he is more of an articulate chairman than that clown Alan Sugar. I’m pleased Mourinho can define that identity in this football club since 1984.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Don't mistake my sarcasm for arrogance. Anybody happy with how we haven't been able to stop the opposition from scoring will need their head examined. It is a problem that has been there for a while now and it is going to take some time to correct. We have recorded a number of 2-2 draws this season and it often comes after we go 2 goals up. The difference this time is that we have been able to get an extra insurance goal the last 3 matches to ensure victory is obtained.

For those doubting it is fatigue that is the major contributing factor go back and watch the matches again, this and against West Ham. We controlled the match much more effectively in the first 75 minutes and closed the spaces far better but afterwards the energy used in that first 75 minutes just disappears as the opposition tend to press us. Ball retention becomes non-existent. We become a team that is not recognizable.

This issue could have been a result of Poch's training tactics that has emphasis punishing drilling regime that has sapped their energy. Hopefully they will recover soon enough and be able to play with the same intensity for 90 minutes rather just 3/4 they are managing right now.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kaiii we don suffer for Arsenal sha. Imagine Toto don Dey grow wings big enough to sign Maureen. World don scatter and spoil. :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

It be like say Pochettino never learn. The way he unsettled the team by not being firm/straight forward about joining another club and demanding his players show loyalty - he never learn. Thank God for Levy's clause.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:It be like say Pochettino never learn. The way he unsettled the team by not being firm/straight forward about joining another club and demanding his players show loyalty - he never learn. Thank God for Levy's clause.
The 12 million? Thats chicken change for any club. They spend so much more than that on average players. If he wants to go to any club, the club will pay it for him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT v OLY [GP-B GM5]

Post by kalani JR »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I wonder how he works with Ndombele and Lo Celso.
Would be interesting. I'd hope that in the meantime, he'd put him in place of that brainless Moura. But his obsession with pace on the wings may limit that.
I think Moura has a role to play under Jose maybe even more so than Son.
After the Bournemouth game I take this back.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Would be interesting. I'd hope that in the meantime, he'd put him in place of that brainless Moura. But his obsession with pace on the wings may limit that.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was going to respond to you but forgot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, Son is on another level. No coach with a brain will even consider dropping him, talkless of dropping him for the brainless Moura.

I believe Moura was rested for the United game, as he destroyed United the last time they played there. However, I expect Mourinho to purchase a much better winger and relegate Moura to a benchwarmer after the Mercato -- most likely summer mercato.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was going to respond to you but forgot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, Son is on another level. No coach with a brain will even consider dropping him, talkless of dropping him for the brainless Moura.

I believe Moura was rested for the United game, as he destroyed United the last time they played there. However, I expect Mourinho to purchase a much better winger and relegate Moura to a benchwarmer after the Mercato -- most likely summer mercato.
I saw a more rounded game than usual, it wasn't one of his best performances but it was promising as it showed that he can play multiple roles in this team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] MAN v TOT [WK 15]

Post by danfo driver »

Kalani, when it rains, it pours o :D
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:Kalani, when it rains, it pours o :D
I saw the light. :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Hope sey no be torchlight you see sha :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Hope sey no be torchlight you see sha :lol:
To Spurs newest supporter, I dey hail o. :D
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is going to be the hardest challenge into JoMo's early reign in charge of Spurs. Going back to his old stumping ground Jose has a big incentive to do well to show his former employer that they were wrong to get rid of him. ManU's Ole on the other hand needs a victory to calm the waters over his job. It will be interesting to see who will come on top at end of 90 minutes. One thing though Tottenham is in high spirits including Mourinho as they are all fighting with determination while ManU are low on confidence as they just can't seem to find a way to win.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Jose and creative players. He hates them or something
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: see Sanchez and Gazzaniga

Where IAG? :D
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

See Sanchez stupidity 1-0
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:See Sanchez stupidity 1-0
When I said that guy is not a defender, they said my mouth was smelling. IAG was twerking the other day with arrogance :rotf: :rotf: see them being disciplined by children at old trafford :lol:
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:See Sanchez stupidity 1-0
When I said that guy is not a defender, they said my mouth was smelling. IAG was twerking the other day with arrogance :rotf: :rotf: see them being disciplined by children at old trafford :lol:
Did you see what Greenwood do to Toby? :curse: