2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs BUR [WK 16]

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Why does Jose hate Lo Celso?
The same reason Poch, who bought him, hated him with a passion
That was just Rosario Central/Newell's beef.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Shhhhhhh!!! His teams only play defensive football.

Well done boys. Glad to see Skipp, Sess and Parrott.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Poor Danny Rose. Just can't seem to get a game anymore.

JoMo is now pretty much sticking to his preferred attacking side comprising of Son, Dele, Lucas and Kane. Midfield of Dier and Sissoko will be interesting as Dier is not yet back to his regular best, maybe this is Mou's way of playing him back to fitness. Back will be the same as the last 2 games containing Aurier, Sanchez, Toby and Jan.

All I hope for today is a cleansheet. That defense needs to start understanding how to defend especially late in the game.

Kane
Son * Dele * Lucas
Dier * Sissoko
Jan * Toby * Sanchez * Aurier
Gazzanigga
Jose should keep on benching Rose. Since that Southampton game I have been pissed with him. Danny is not a serious defender. Unless Davies and Vertonghen are both unavailable. Perhaps even when Sessegnon is out as well. Might even prefer playing Aurier there before him.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Why does Jose hate Lo Celso?
The same reason Poch, who bought him, hated him with a passion
That was just Rosario Central/Newell's beef.
This seems like a Spanish speaking - Portuguese speaking rivalry then.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Shhhhhhh!!! His teams only play defensive football.

Well done boys. Glad to see Skipp, Sess and Parrott.
You are wicked o! you even garnish your post with the "youth" angle too. Why you dey waya the village literature teacher? :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

this was parrot's league debut????!! surprised. thought he'd have played under poch.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Paji, IAG, no ouch about it. Great to see Ogbuefi back in the dugout, top, top, manager...hopefully wins something with Spurs, been a while hasn’t it?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The mentality has to change.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:@Paji, IAG, no ouch about it. Great to see Ogbuefi back in the dugout, top, top, manager...hopefully wins something with Spurs, been a while hasn’t it?
It feels like the last century but great progress on and off the pitch since the usual "Spursy" days
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: this was parrot's league debut????!! surprised. thought he'd have played under poch.
This was undoing and led to his downfall. Poch was known for trusting in youth players and bring them along but all of a sudden he began to depend deeply on his old and tested. So many young players he could have fast tracked their progress but instead opted to leave them in the youth system. When he arrived he wielded the big stick by benching all the so called big players like Kaboul, Adebayor and the likes, brought in young fresh players willing to learn and built his team around them. He suddenly got fat and lazy and then became complacent. It is an indictment on him that Parrott made his debut for Ireland ahead of Spurs.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Its a Goal wrote:Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.
The man had a better winning percentage than Billy Nicholson and this is how you treat him?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

pajimoh wrote:
:clap: Sonaldo Nazario.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kalani JR wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.
The man had a better winning percentage than Billy Nicholson and this is how you treat him?
He didn't win a single trophy and in his last season lost to a team that the u-21s later beat. Pochettino in his final year was not the manager that we knew. I wish him the what in hia future and hope he learns. I don't want to dig into his handling of the cups for Spurs.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Interesting to see the base of midfield pairing, Winks may well keep the ball moving but looks very much like a Southern Jordan Henderson. Question, where does that leave Ndo bebe?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Interesting to see the base of midfield pairing, Winks may well keep the ball moving but looks very much like a Southern Jordan Henderson. Question, where does that leave Ndo bebe?
In a better place than it leaves Pepe or Pew :rotf:

A man’s house is on fire, burning to the ground and he has time to go to his neighbors house to discuss the affairs of the neighbors kitchen. :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Coach[/color] wrote: Interesting to see the base of midfield pairing, Winks may well keep the ball moving but looks very much like a Southern Jordan Henderson. Question, where does that leave Ndo bebe?
Every player has a role to play. Ndombele has yet to reach the PL level to adapt to what JoMo wants. If you watch his game he tends to give the ball away in dangerous positions. Jose prefers players who are consistent and disciplined. Dier is a no frizzle and dazzle kind of midfielder that will keep the middle tight by breaking up plays. Funny enough that was exactly what Sissoko used to do and got stick for. I believe in time Jose will turn Ndombele to another Mikel by cutting out all those fancy leg work and make him just play ball. Mourinho doesn't believe in circus tricks. Those are entertainers not winners.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]kalani JR[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Honestly with JoMo it feels different. A different kind of mentality. My sense of reasoning is not maybe we can win something but confidence that we are going to win something. I wish Poch well and success in the future but he needs now more than ever is time away from the game to work on his mindset. He has to develop a winning mentality and start thinking of ways to win rather than be resigned to whatever outcome he gets.
He didn't win a single trophy and in his last season lost to a team that the u-21s later beat. Pochettino in his final year was not the manager that we knew. I wish him the what in hia future and hope he learns. I don't want to dig into his handling of the cups for Spurs.
I couldn't agree with you more. I love man crush for Poch but it sadden me to see how he failed to develop a winning mentality during his time. This morning while watching Aston Villa I kept wondering why he didn't sanction the move for Grealish knowing he could work with him to become an instant star. Sad how he signed Jack Clarke in the summer yet loaned back out instead of keeping and mentoring him. So many youth players he could have developed but failed to give them a chance.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Please tell me that the Marouane Fellaini rumor of the day ain't true.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] BAY vs TOT [GP-B GM6]

Post by Its a Goal »

A dead rubber match with a lot of implications for JoMo. This is a rare opportunity for him to rest some of his big guns and play the fringe players. There are players like Lo Celso, KWP and Foyth, by their own rights deserve to be starting, will now get a chance to start while youth players like Skipp, Parrott and Ryan will also get a look in at facing Bayern tomorrow. If these players impress that will cause Jose a pause a second to think through who needs to come in next month however if they none fails to step up to the plate then it'll be likely new signings will on the way.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:A dead rubber match with a lot of implications for JoMo. This is a rare opportunity for him to rest some of his big guns and play the fringe players. There are players like Lo Celso, KWP and Foyth, by their own rights deserve to be starting, will now get a chance to start while youth players like Skipp, Parrott and Ryan will also get a look in at facing Bayern tomorrow. If these players impress that will cause Jose a pause a second to think through who needs to come in next month however if they none fails to step up to the plate then it'll be likely new signings will on the way.
No implications. We are already expecting a tough game. It is an opportunity to test people under fire.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Dead rubber? Doubt Mourinho would want to oil up and bend over at the Allianz.