There is no justification on why Sadiq Umar has no call up

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: There is no justification on why Sadiq Umar has no call

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

some claim he hasn't improved.... smh
Is this supposed to be before or after the 'improvement'?
Either way, this is a mess.
The comments alone shoulda told you you've picked the wrong video.
Focus. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You sound deluded..Everything white isn't right
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

some claim he hasn't improved.... smh
Is this supposed to be before or after the 'improvement'?
Either way, this is a mess.
The comments alone shoulda told you you've picked the wrong video.
Focus. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You sound deluded..Everything white isn't right
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No, Porkey. Thats true
So I'd advise you start eating white meat instead of all that horrible pork. :taunt: :taunt:

Meanwhile answer the polite question: Is this video before or after the 'improvement' you talk about? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

16 goals; 12 assists: Umar Sadiq is thriving after Rangers exit
Thu 12 Dec 2019

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/12/14/d ... gers-exit/

One year ago today, Steven Gerrard cut Umar Sadiq's loan spell at Rangers short after just a handful of Scottish Premiership games. With 16 goals and 12 assists, it’s fair to say Umar Sadiq has been a man reborn since his miserable spell at Rangers came to an early end in December last year.

In fact, it was exactly 12 months ago today when the Sun broke the news that the Roma loanee was set to see his season-long loan deal brought to an end after just four months at Ibrox. Sadiq, who arrived in Glasgow amid big expectations, departed with his reputation in tatters.

Four games, no goals, and one cringeworthy dive against Aberdeen in the Scottish League Cup semi-final – that was all Sadiq managed to muster in the famous royal blue shirt.

But since being given the chance to jump-start his stalling career in Serbia over the summer, Sadiq hasn’t looked back.

A clinical brace in Partizan Belgrade’s 4-1 thrashing of Astana in the Europa League on Thursday night took the Nigerian’s 2019/20 tally to 16. Sadiq has 12 assists under his belt too, using his fearsome 6ft 4ins frame to create plentiful chances for his grateful Partizan team-mates.

“I believe absolutely that I was not given a fair chance to show what I can do. They made me feel like a stranger,” Sadiq told the Sunday Post in March, clearly disappointed about the way his spell at Rangers disintegrated under Steven Gerrard.

“I started only once (in the League Cup semi-final against Aberdeen) and that was when there were no other strikers available.”

Gerrard hasn’t done much wrong since taking over at Ibrox in 2018. But even he might admit now, one year on, that Sadiq deserved more than four brief appearances in Rangers colours.
[/video]
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nah wa o, him Kele, Dessers the likes of Onuachu will have to be dropped...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Brutal..
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Steven Gerard can answer your question. The guy gallops around like a disabled donkey!
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Purity wrote:Brutal..
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Steven Gerard can answer your question. The guy gallops around like a disabled donkey!
I mean couldn’t you make a similar joke regarding Osimhen and his unfortunate time at Wolfsburg? These things happen, it’s all about his current form.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

New video highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T75S0ozqvI[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If this guy is a "beast" of a centre forward at this stage, I can only imagine what he'd become once he is snapped up by a top club and they design an exercise and dietary regime to enable him beef up his core strength.

I think he can be really special. For such a tall guy, his footwork is unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEP8cT9pXI[/video]
Another Kanu or another Yekini? :idea:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So now damunk has changed tunes...kai
SuperEagles

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Maybe the reason dem never call am up Na becos him never gree to switch him allegiance from England to Naija nah!

E been dey busy begging Tammy and Jordan Eyeb . No time for poor Hausa boy.

Seriously though having observed the rapport between Musa and Abdulahi at our team hotel during the last World Cup, I think they should bring him now to allow him transition into SE!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sadiq is a poor man’s Olivier Giroud. Too ungainly, clumsy and lacking in finesse to be a top player or lead the line for the Super Eagles.

He can make a decent living as a battering ram though. I wish him all the best.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Another goal yesterday.
Again, very impressive close control.

Check out 1:54 (saved by 'keeper) before his goal at 2:07.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el3tmQ8c330[/video]
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Sounds like you are judging him based on his staure and lanky physique. He is actually very comfortable on the ball and more mobile than he looks. Though not as good a finisher, I would even say Umar looks more comfortable and confident running with the ball than a smaller striker like Iheanacho.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Sadiq is a poor man’s Olivier Giroud. Too ungainly, clumsy and lacking in finesse to be a top player or lead the line for the Super Eagles.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote:Sounds like you are judging him based on his staure and lanky physique. He is actually very comfortable on the ball and more mobile than he looks. Though not as good a finisher, I would even say Umar looks more comfortable and confident running with the ball than a smaller striker like Iheanacho.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Sadiq is a poor man’s Olivier Giroud. Too ungainly, clumsy and lacking in finesse to be a top player or lead the line for the Super Eagles.

Ayo is calling him clumsy then what about the other basketballers Rohr has called, bobo is actually very skillful and has good close control for a big man, the only issue I had with him was his constant falling/diving at olympics, but he’s improved his strength since.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Sounds like you are judging him based on his staure and lanky physique. He is actually very comfortable on the ball and more mobile than he looks. Though not as good a finisher, I would even say Umar looks more comfortable and confident running with the ball than a smaller striker like Iheanacho.

Ayo's assessment couldn't be further from the truth.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sadiq continues to make his case.
Stronger, more agile, more 'stable' and his confidence is ever growing.

Watch him early in this video (from 0:50) in yesterday's Europa League qualifier, but esp the mad skills @ 1:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3whOAbTNDo[/video]

Osimhen and Dessers have serious competition coming their way. Sadiq really needs to test himself against the best.
And we have a beautiful headache. :lol:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Sadiq seems to have made a lot of progress since the 2019/20 season. He needs one more solid, double digits scoring season under his belt. Then, we can make a case for him❗️

Cheers.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Too many stop starts.. We all kind of have a good idea of what he can do. He just isn't a permanent feature on everyones radar because he lacks consistency, coupled with the league he plays his football in.

The bottomline is, he needs to play his way back into contention. There is a level a player gets to where he just can't be ignored by the selectors. The competition for shirts is going to get more fierce as Rohr moulds his WC squad, the ball is in Sadiq's court. I wish him all the best
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:Too many stop starts.. We all kind of have a good idea of what he can do. He just isn't a permanent feature on everyones radar because he lacks consistency, coupled with the league he plays his football in.

The bottomline is, he needs to play his way back into contention. There is a level a player gets to where he just can't be ignored by the selectors. The competition for shirts is going to get more fierce as Rohr moulds his WC squad, the ball is in Sadiq's court. I wish him all the best
To be fair to Sadiq, he is making progress on all fronts.
Yes, it will serve him in good stead to prove himself at the very top level, but until then, like they say, you can only beat what is placed in front of you.

Not everyone's path to fame is the same and I am sure evidence abounds that the African's path to the top is on average longer and more difficult.
So we won't necessarily have to wait for the likes of Sadiq to become a Mane or a Mahrez or even an Osimhen (God willing) before WE recognise their qualities. Mane, Salah, Koulibaly and Mahrez all spent time in less glamorous leagues on their path to fame, but look at them today.

Sadiq is finally on the right path and I don't see him spending more than one more season in Serbia.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Too many stop starts.. We all kind of have a good idea of what he can do. He just isn't a permanent feature on everyones radar because he lacks consistency, coupled with the league he plays his football in.

To be fair to Sadiq, he is making progress on all fronts.
Yes, it will serve him in good stead to prove himself at the very top level, but until then, like they say, you can only beat what is placed in front of you.

Not everyone's path to fame is the same and I am sure evidence abounds that the African's path to the top is on average longer and more difficult.
So we won't necessarily have to wait for the likes of Sadiq to become a Mane or a Mahrez or even an Osimhen (God willing) before WE recognise their qualities. Mane, Salah, Koulibaly and Mahrez all spent time in less glamorous leagues on their path to fame, but look at them today.

Sadiq is finally on the right path and I don't see him spending more than one more season in Serbia.

That might be exactly what he needs to get the recognition he deserves. No doubt his trajectory is upwards and cream always rises to the top. He reminds me of Christian Vieri, Sadiq is technically sound, he just needs to use his size to greater effect and be more ruthless (not necessarily clinical) in front of goal. A 20 goal a season player in any of the top leagues, needs no introduction.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:

Watch him early in this video (from 0:50) in yesterday's Europa League qualifier, but esp the mad skills @ 1:40.

Osimhen and Dessers have serious competition coming their way. Sadiq really needs to test himself against the best.
yes it is a good headache, however who will pass the ball to these strikers? who will create the goal scoring chances they get from their clubs. we are yet to find that player
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

yes it is a good headache, however who will pass the ball to these strikers? who will create the goal scoring chances they get from their clubs. we are yet to find that player
Kingsley Michael of Bologna!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Another goal last weekend.
He needs to move to a higher league because this is getting too easy.
See how he dey use players drink garri....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYImXoQeO8Q[/video]