Etebo - MANY STOKE CITY FANS LEFT ANGERED BY O’NEILL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Etebo - MANY STOKE CITY FANS LEFT ANGERED BY O’NEILL

Post by iworo »

‘WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE’ – MANY STOKE CITY FANS LEFT ANGERED BY LATEST O’NEILL STATEMENT
Published 4 hours ago on 09/12/2019
By Ben Crump

Many Stoke City fans have reacted in disbelief after boss Michael O’Neill issued a statement regarding the fitness of Nigerian midfielder Peter Etebo.

Etebo has not featured for Stoke since the 22nd October when he was forced off the pitch after just 23 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday.

The 24-year-old has been a key component of Stoke’s side over the last two seasons and is a huge fan favourite, and his return to full fitness has been much anticipated as the Potters attempt to get themselves out of the relegation zone in the Championship.

With Etebo having returned to full fitness following the latest international break, his manager O’Neill has now confirmed that he will feature for the club’s U23 side this week and not against Luton Town on Tuesday evening at the Bet365 Stadium.

O’Neill told reporters via the club’s official Twitter account: “Cameron Carter-Vickers had to leave the squad due to illness and Badou is suffering from a virus. Peter Etebo will play for the Under-23s given the amount of time he has been out.”

The comment has left fans of the club angered and bemused at the Nigerian’s absence, who is now expected to return for the weekend tie against Reading.

Here are some of those fan comments on the Etebo news:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what- ... statement/
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Etebo - MANY STOKE CITY FANS LEFT ANGERED BY O’NEILL

Post by cchinukw »

Chai!

If English fan like you hen...dem fit close pub for you o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Fans are like, this gasto be some joke or sontin.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Left out again today.

It’s now looking like Stoke are getting ready for relegation and sensibly trying to get rid of high earners. He should be good enough to get a prem move. A team like Everton could really use a good CM.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

niyi wrote:Left out again today.

It’s now looking like Stoke are getting ready for relegation and sensibly trying to get rid of high earners. He should be good enough to get a prem move. A team like Everton could really use a good CM.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He is soon retiring.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: the stoke fans don vex
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Yep. Looks like they’re trying to cash in on their investment. Hopefully Etebo lands at a good premier league club.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotta love Nigerians sha!

When he was shining in La Liga and the World Cup, he ended up in Div 2. Now that he has been useless in Div 2, he will end up in Div 1. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:

Yep. Looks like they’re trying to cash in on their investment. Hopefully Etebo lands at a good premier league club.
I expect comments like this from others, NOT you! You are too good for this! :rotf: :rotf:

A guy is on a team that is about to get relegated from Div 2 and you think he will "LAND IN A GOOD PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB???"" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Just wow! Nigerians are amazing sha! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When he was shining in La Liga and the World Cup, he ended up in Div 2. Now that he has been useless in Div 2, he will end up in Div 1. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am not sure how you’ve come to the conclusion he has been useless when he’s been their best player for two seasons
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I am not sure how you’ve come to the conclusion he has been useless when he’s been their best player for two seasons

And the are fighting relegation in Div 2! What tha heck you think this is???!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Do you know what you are even saying? Do you know Jarod Bowen? An English player who has been one of the best players in the Championship for years and in my opinion a very very talented player. Yet, EPL clubs have snubbed him. Fulham and West brom have a bunch of players who are doing well and have
EPL experience, yet, no EPL club is looking at them. Leeds was fantastic last year and this year, as well, their top striker ended up in Belgium, while Clarke was bought by Tottenham and loaned back. Eze who has been shining all season long, plays for England U21 and thrown his soul to the English devil has not even been seriously considered by an EPL club. Yet, you think a guy who plays for a club fighting relegation in the same league will be snapped up by an EPL club. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abeg you guys should not make me laugh this night... I no get energy. Etebo who was bossing it in La Liga and YET, no EPL club considered him at that time, its now.... now that he has led a Div 2 team towards relegation that they will now consider him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thanks for the laughs jare!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

I expect comments like this from others, NOT you! You are too good for this! :rotf: :rotf:

A guy is on a team that is about to get relegated from Div 2 and you think he will "LAND IN A GOOD PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB???"" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Just wow! Nigerians are amazing sha! :rotf:
See me see trouble :lol:

He's basically their best player on an otherwise poor team. He's far from the finished product but he has a lot of attributes that will work well for a midtable EPL team without a doubt. In fact if they put him up for sale and he doesn't get picked up by a midtable EPL team, he should fire his agent ... be it nfa chairman or another agent :taunt:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

And the are fighting relegation in Div 2! What tha heck you think this is???!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Do you know what you are even saying? Do you know Jarod Bowen? An English player who has been one of the best players in the Championship for years and in my opinion a very very talented player. Yet, EPL clubs have snubbed him. Fulham and West brom have a bunch of players who are doing well and have
EPL experience, yet, no EPL club is looking at them. Leeds was fantastic last year and this year, as well, their top striker ended up in Belgium, while Clarke was bought by Tottenham and loaned back. Eze who has been shining all season long, plays for England U21 and thrown his soul to the English devil has not even been seriously considered by an EPL club. Yet, you think a guy who plays for a club fighting relegation in the same league will be snapped up by an EPL club. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abeg you guys should not make me laugh this night... I no get energy. Etebo who was bossing it in La Liga and YET, no EPL club considered him at that time, its now.... now that he has led a Div 2 team towards relegation that they will now consider him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thanks for the laughs jare!
I get your point but EPL teams - especially the lower half - do look to pick players from the lower leagues.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

Your statement that he has been useless is simply not true. You are now pointing out that he's about to get relegated... we know that. I said that in my post.

Steve Bruce who's now at Newcastle praised him last season - the thread is on the forum - and made a move for him this summer. So the notion that he's not likely to move to the EPL because his team is about to get relegated is simply not true.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

See me see trouble :lol:

He's basically their best player on an otherwise poor team. He's far from the finished product but he has a lot of attributes that will work well for a midtable EPL team without a doubt. In fact if they put him up for sale and he doesn't get picked up by a midtable EPL team, he should fire his agent ... be it nfa chairman or another agent :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Person wey no fire NFA Chairman when he took him from la Liga to div 2? The boy no serious! :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nfachairman and i am talking about the bootleg one here on CE, is just a dirty collector
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: I get your point but EPL teams - especially the lower half - do look to pick players from the lower leagues.
But not Etebp-profile type of player. You are just being a good Nigerian. Deep down you know this will NOT happen. The type of players EPL teams pick up from lower leagues are usually young overhyped British talent they either loan back or they put right into their U-23/U21 (players like Maddison, Alli, Sessegnon, Clarke) OR very talented players who have performed fantastically for multiple seasons.

Hell! You remember Carney of Fulham? How many years he was tearing the Championship! He was significantly the best player in the championship for over 3 years or so, but no one touched him. Not even one club. He moved to the EPL with Fulham and flopped!

Anyway, I wish Etebo good luck.
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

Your statement that he has been useless is simply not true. You are now pointing out that he's about to get relegated... we know that. I said that in my post.

Steve Bruce who's now at Newcastle praised him last season - the thread is on the forum - and made a move for him this summer. So the notion that he's not likely to move to the EPL because his team is about to get relegated is simply not true.
Cool. We will find out! Thread bookmarked.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Etebo about to get a move to Getafe - currently 6th in La Liga and in the Europa Leage
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Etebo made a wrong gamble. He should have waited after the world cup in Russia to sign a deal. He joined stoke just before the world cup in 2018 for around $7m. Sad, i hope he moves to a better club that appreciates him.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Purity wrote:Etebo made a wrong gamble. He should have waited after the world cup in Russia to sign a deal. He joined stoke just before the world cup in 2018 for around $7m. Sad, i hope he moves to a better club that appreciates him.
I don't think he has any issue with the club appreciating him, the fans love him at Stoke. At least he got a big salary bump moving there and now if the Getafe move pans out they will pay him at least that or more, so he left a relegation team in La Liga and came back to a top 6 team with much better pay, so if this comes through there would be a lot of positives for him personally.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

maceo4 wrote:
Purity wrote:Etebo made a wrong gamble. He should have waited after the world cup in Russia to sign a deal. He joined stoke just before the world cup in 2018 for around $7m. Sad, i hope he moves to a better club that appreciates him.
I don't think he has any issue with the club appreciating him, the fans love him at Stoke. At least he got a big salary bump moving there and now if the Getafe move pans out they will pay him at least that or more, so he left a relegation team in La Liga and came back to a top 6 team with much better pay, so if this comes through there would be a lot of positives for him personally.
It’s a loan deal
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

furiously frank wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
It’s a loan deal
Yep, with an option to make it permanent, I’m hoping it pans out for him, if not there will be other suitors.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!