Eto'o Makes shocking claim on Sadio Mane not winning the Bal

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
emjay
Egg
Egg
Eto'o Makes shocking claim on Sadio Mane not winning the Bal

Post by emjay »

Former Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter Milan Striker, Samuel Eto'o has claimed that Sadio Mane Lost the Ballon d'or because of lack of support from African Nations.

Lionel Messi claimed his sixth Ballon d'or award some weeks ago after edging rivals Virgil Van-dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo who came second and third respectively. Liverpool Talisman, Sadio Mane finished 4th in the Ranking but Samuel Eto'o believes that Africans didn't vote for Mane, hence he lost the award.

According to Samuel Eto'o, " Messi won because all the south Americans voted for him, I think the Europeans also voted for VVD hence, he was the runner-up. Africans didn't vote for Mane. That's the Big problem. African people have problems with other African people. We as African are letting ourselves down. We need to unite if we are serious about ending the dominance of the Europeans and South Americans in the race to be crowned the best players in the world."

https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/12/e ... -mane.html

Do you agree with Samuel Eto'o?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Eto'o Makes shocking claim on Sadio Mane not winning the

Post by kalani JR »

lol.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Why lol?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Messi voted for Mane as Fifa best player.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

emjay wrote:Former Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter Milan Striker, Samuel Eto'o has claimed that Sadio Mane Lost the Ballon d'or because of lack of support from African Nations.

Lionel Messi claimed his sixth Ballon d'or award some weeks ago after edging rivals Virgil Van-dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo who came second and third respectively. Liverpool Talisman, Sadio Mane finished 4th in the Ranking but Samuel Eto'o believes that Africans didn't vote for Mane, hence he lost the award.

According to Samuel Eto'o, " Messi won because all the south Americans voted for him, I think the Europeans also voted for VVD hence, he was the runner-up. Africans didn't vote for Mane. That's the Big problem. African people have problems with other African people. We as African are letting ourselves down. We need to unite if we are serious about ending the dominance of the Europeans and South Americans in the race to be crowned the best players in the world."

https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/12/e ... -mane.html

Etoo is talking rubbish as usual! Africans love being sentimental! No critical thinking!! If all the Africans "selected" to vote casted their lots with MANE, he will still be short of it. :???:

Make Eto'o stick with his "studies".
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

emjay wrote:Former Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter Milan Striker, Samuel Eto'o has claimed that Sadio Mane Lost the Ballon d'or because of lack of support from African Nations.

https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/12/eto-makes-shocking-claim-on-sadio-mane.html
Is this legit news?

Anyway, as an bonafide African, I would NOT have voted for Mane because his performance at AFCON left a sour taste in my mouth.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I agree with Eto, just look at those African captains and see their vote..even SE captain, didn't vote for Mane

https://en.as.com/en/2019/12/03/footbal ... 28718.html
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Perhaps Salah divided african votes.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I agree with Eto, just look at those African captains and see their vote..even SE captain, didn't vote for Mane

Thats some crazy ish man...African countries should be propping their own up, so odd...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

eto'o is 100 percent unequivocally right... the negro always wants to be 'fair.'
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote:eto'o is 100 percent unequivocally right... the negro always wants to be 'fair.'
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That has always been the idiocy of the negro. Tufiakwa! :oops: :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

if only more of us were like Mane :thumbs: :thumbs: the negro would be unstoppable
Saints baby we did it
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I agree with Eto, just look at those African captains and see their vote..even SE captain, didn't vote for Mane

I don't get it most of the African journalists in that link voted Mane in their top 3.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote:eto'o is 100 percent unequivocally right... the negro always wants to be 'fair.'
:D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

it's not Africa vs other continents. It's the best player in the world and Messi is better than any player in the history of the game. Messi should have been wining it every single year since 15 years ago.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:

I don't get it most of the African journalists in that link voted Mane in their top 3.
did you see the votes by the captains, Algeria, ghana, Nigeria, even CIV voted for Allison
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I wouldn't vote for Mane either. As WPOY?? On what basis? If the voting was always as tribal as Eto'o claims, how could Messi win against C. Ron? He would never win.

I'm all for supporting africa too, but Mane as WPOY is a bridge too far. It was a down year for talent quite alright, and even Messi seemed to win by a process of elimination....but I couldnt choose Mane over Messi.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

deanotito wrote:I wouldn't vote for Mane either. As WPOY?? On what basis? If the voting was always as tribal as Eto'o claims, how could Messi win against C. Ron? He would never win.

I'm all for supporting africa too, but Mane as WPOY is a bridge too far. It was a down year for talent quite alright, and even Messi seemed to win by a process of elimination....but I couldnt choose Mane over Messi.
I didn't have him as my player of the year but I had him over Ronaldo! Who made the stage ahead of him.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

deanotito wrote:I wouldn't vote for Mane either. As WPOY?? On what basis? If the voting was always as tribal as Eto'o claims, how could Messi win against C. Ron? He would never win.

point being Ronaldo could be out for the season and the Portuguese would still vote for him for POY.

for some reason it is embedded in the Negro to be fair. (not a diss at you my good man)
Saints baby we did it
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Liverpool wins the CL ... and their strikers are ignored ... because they are Africans?
This is pathetic ...
Messi has no business winning trophy this year. He was awful and useless. Everyone can score 10 goals against Spanish relegated teams ...
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bepanda wrote:Liverpool wins the CL ... and their strikers are ignored ... because they are Africans?
This is pathetic ...
Messi has no business winning trophy this year. He was awful and useless. Everyone can score 10 goals against Spanish relegated teams ...
Liverpool ran into the same issue that Manchester players did in 1999, there wasn't truly a clear cut standout performer for them. Salah and Mané were about equal, perhaps if one of them won the AFCON that could have given them an extra push in the standings? Messi was great last season, top scorer in the Champions League and La Liga.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bepanda wrote:Liverpool wins the CL ... and their strikers are ignored ... because they are Africans?
This is pathetic ...
:lol: :lol: Very funny!

Go siddon look at real games.
Some of us watch footie on the green grass (and the brown pitches in Cameroon). :taunt: :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

This is pathetic ...
http://www.naijiant.com/