Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by YemiBrazil »

Mason van Greenwood! Das all.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They should have kept Lukaku and sent Greenwood out on loan to develop and gain first team experience. Very hard for him to accelerate his development under pressure in a transitional injury ravaged team like Man U. If he was away on loan in another league, he could hone his game without the spotlight and pressure of Man Utd, then return in 2 years as a much better player.

Big landmark this weekend: the game against Everton will be the 4000th consecutive game in which Man Utd have included an academy graduate in their first team. That record stretches back an incredible 82 years; al the way back to 1937.

No other club in world football has such a record of putting academy players in the first team.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... my-players

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -mctominay

marko wrote:Mason Greenwood, the 2nd coming, do not like to hype players up but this kid can score with either foot, reminds me of Van Persie, he will be a superstar no doubt, natural finisher, any comments?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:how OGS defeat these small team will define him as a manager, once Pogba gets back and slots easily into that 10 role, then we will start to carve open tight defences
You are currently better without Pogba's too big for united attitude.
No we not! We miss someone with his creativity, he was our top scorer last season playing in a more attacking role and also top assist record, now that Mctom/Fred are doing well in central midfield, let Pogba come in and open up tight defences in the final third, Martial will be so happy to receive those through balls
If he does not want to stay, get rid of him now and be rid of poison in your dressing room. Find someone who can offer even half of what he offers. You will find such players, even from the premiership. Your team is beginning to come together, they appear to be settling down, the players on the field want to stay and play for united, they have been fighting together even through the dark patchy period.

The last thing you want is to bring in a player who does not want to stay and start to disrupt the whole chemistry of the team again. Yes Pogba would be a great addition, but if and if only he wants to stay and be part of the team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:how OGS defeat these small team will define him as a manager, once Pogba gets back and slots easily into that 10 role, then we will start to carve open tight defences
No we not! We miss someone with his creativity, he was our top scorer last season playing in a more attacking role and also top assist record, now that Mctom/Fred are doing well in central midfield, let Pogba come in and open up tight defences in the final third, Martial will be so happy to receive those through balls
If he does not want to stay, get rid of him now and be rid of poison in your dressing room. Find someone who can offer even half of what he offers. You will find such players, even from the premiership. Your team is beginning to come together, they appear to be settling down, the players on the field want to stay and play for united, they have been fighting together even through the dark patchy period.

The last thing you want is to bring in a player who does not want to stay and start to disrupt the whole chemistry of the team again. Yes Pogba would be a great addition, but if and if only he wants to stay and be part of the team.
Spot on! I so hate to see Pogba leave but won’t deny the fact that the football world is loaded with keep-it-simple footballers who can quietly & efficiently do what is required of him in this evolving United team week-in week-out.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

I do get your point! I hope Pogba stays, real madrid have enough superstars in that team, he will just be another galactico! United have started to settle into a team, Pogba will be a welcome addition but if for any reason he does want to stay, he should leave, with that money, we could buy at least 2 decent midfielders

Oloye, who do you think is the better finisher between Rashford and Greenwood? I will go for Greenwood!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

I do get your point! I hope Pogba stays, real madrid have enough superstars in that team, he will just be another galactico! United have started to settle into a team, Pogba will be a welcome addition but if for any reason he does want to stay, he should leave, with that money, we could buy at least 2 decent midfielders

Oloye, who do you think is the better finisher between Rashford and Greenwood? I will go for Greenwood!
Greenwood is turning out to be a better finisher, but then I remember the first season of Rashy, it looked like everytime he touched the ball it will end at the back of the net.

When United fell behind and Everton packed hlthe bus, I knew that only one person will unlock the defence, the guy who scores those cheeky goals Greenwood. I have no qualms saying he looks more deadly at the moment.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I will say Natural finisher, both feet, united had more than enough chances to win the game, we are just not clinical in front of goal
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba in the squad for the game against Watford

Marko
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The naivete of OGS is exposed here today. Pep was right, you need experience players. Waftord is bullying these young men on the pitch you need to bring in the muscle with experience warming up the bench. Lingard Martial Fred not a game for them.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I want Watford to win. Stupid manager.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ole the Thief Solskjaer does enough to get a permanent contract and enough to save his job when it was on the line. Normal service resumed?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Look at Isaac...what a lazy arsed player
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

That was a very lazy run out by Isaac. No wonder the coaches kept him on the bench.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:Ole the Thief Solskjaer does enough to get a permanent contract and enough to save his job when it was on the line. Normal service resumed?
The man na real crook :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But the honest truth is that United plays a counter attacking style and have no tactics. So when they play the “big clubs,” which come out to play, they do very well with their speed upfront and usually win. However, when they play smaller clubs, which sit deep, they have no tactics to break them down. That is United’s modus operandi.

That’s why I laughed when Oloye told Marko “your team is coming together.” It’s not about the team! It’s simple, their coach has no real tactics. He throws the team there and hopes the pace and trickery of James, Rashford and Martial does it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Walahi OGS na fraudster :D

Give me Poch!!! :thumb:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Success is still enjoying pleasantries at the Grove.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Sack Ole and re-hire him as interim manager again! Jokes aside, he is out of his depth, united do not have a system against lesser teams that defend deep, we saw Paul Pogba 20 min cameo, for all the haters that criticise him, a half fit Pogba is better than anything we have, Pogba should leave united for his sake and his career, he is 26 and deserves to be playing champions league football, we are too mediocre for him, with Ole on the wheel, just not buying it, he does not need time! Time is a precious commodity in foootball and i have not seen anything to suggest he knows anything about the game! It has not worked with him and we need to get rid of him!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so they lose to a bottom table side, next dem go beat top seed.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Is that player really from Brazil? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Well done Manure.

Ole da man.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dammit. Scotty Mac did his knee ligaments during the Newcastle game: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50921066
That is why Pogba came on for him at HT. If it is a serious ligament injury, we may not see him play again for months.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Can those morons at Old Trafford just get Zaha or Adama Traore? And no one should come here with some stupid 'technical' analysis on why they are not needed - a team that fields Lingard & Perrera can't say that.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

By the way, yesterday's display against Newcastle was top notch. It was vintage Sir Alex Ferguson's United performance. However, knowing Ole people are measured in their praise for the team because they raise your hopes one match week & play like village clowns the next. I won't praise this team again until I see 3 away wins in a row! Shikena :mrgreen: