NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:If the NFF has no vision beyond who they hire to coach the Nigerian senior team, I can't be bothered anymore.

This is the same ish every 4 years. And we all give them our attention when we should know better.
Yet, you are prepared to die for Arsenal, as poorly run as the club has been.

Tufiakwa! why is the black man so cursed! You have stood by Arsenal through years of pain and 3 coaching changes, and multiple humiliations. But when its Nigeria, a black man's team, you "cant be bothered anymore." disgusting!
These are 2 contexts. Why are you always bitter?

I once saw a bit of advise - KEEP AWAY FROM TOXIC PEOPLE.

My preference, my business. Capisce?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:In all, I think Rohr should live in Nigeria. That is where his job is and it's the appropriate thing to do. The NFF is right on this one. If Rohr turns down the job based on the clause. I believe he will blame himself later
The job of a national team coach, especially of a country like Nigeria, is not traditional. Saying his job is in Nigeria is a bit of an over-simplification. It’s like having a job where your subordinates are in Europe but your boss is in Kansas. Where should you then be based? Your boss may want to see you all the time, but you can make a strong case that your subordinates need you more.

Also, Rohr has been pretty consistent in expressing his belief that the local league is too poor to serve as a pipeline for the SE. He has chosen to focus on the Nigerian diaspora for new talent. So what exactly is he doing in Nigeria full time? Let’s face it. Most of Rohr’s work is in Europe. We can force him to live in Nigeria full time but that’s just our own insecurities talking

If the NFF has duties (promotional, social, technical) they want him to do in Nigeria, they should set targets for those and have him manage his schedule.
I know you dont like to answer questions but here is another one:

How many times have you seen **** scouting our players in Europe?

And please answer the question straightforwardly, no comma or full stop. Just put the number of times you have seen him scouting at stadia.
Well, according to his media mouthpiece, Toyin Ibitoye, Rohr scouts for players.

And just like the emperor's magnificent attire, you have to be super intelligent to see it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Every weekend we see the likes of Mancini, Southgate, Low and the rest on tv at stadia, but Ibitoye wants us to believe that it is through his eyes that we can see **** scouting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kaii!

**** is just looking for a way to remain in Europe so he can have more time to run those brothels abi na hotels he has. Dude wants to work on his personal business on our own dime! Imagine, oyibo wan play us wayo! :lol: :lol:
Yeah, because in your mind, Rohr is anywhere as recognizable or marketable as the likes of Mancini or Loew....when was the last time you saw the coach of Sweden in a stadium watching a club game?

Rohr has a body of work. Look at his results and decide if you want to retain him. The NFF should resist the temptation to focus on foolishness
I bet you would not recognise the Swedish coach, watching the league in Sweden and Yes, the coach lives in Sweden. Ex - Coach of falcons lived in Nigeria, No?

It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

It’s really irrelevant where Rohr lives. It’s a waste of time. Set success targets for him. He achieved all the targets set for him in his last contract. Now trying to insist he live in Nigeria when none of his players or prospects play there is a pure waste of time and says more about you (fans, NFF) than him.

We had Enugu II here saying there was no difference between flying from Abuja to Slovakia and from London to Slovakia. I know he chose the most obscure place in Europe to drive home a point, but even then, the point is ridiculous. There IS a difference. Big one. Our players play in 5 primary leagues in Europe, and so do our prospects (children born in the diaspora). If a coach says Europe makes more sense to him, so be it. I am concerned about his results.

This contract renewal process, if this story is to be believed, just seems more and more like a poisoned chalice to me. The NFF are trying to show him out but don’t want the blame from Rohr supporters.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
I have seen him zero times.
Thanks.

Now, answer the first question. Where do you work and where do you live? In the same country?
I work for a multi national. All over the world. Live in America. My boss, I rarely see. Office is in London. One satellite office is in the American city i live. I rarely go there. If I go live in Nigeria, they won’t mind.

But you can find answers to this your line of questioning if you read all of my responses. You want to isolate responses like you’re a lawyer and that’s ok...your right. But if Rohr isn’t scouting in Europe, why would he scout in Nigeria? Is his presence in Nigeria any more valuable, since as you insinuate, he’s just lazying about on the weekends?

If you don’t want Rohr, don’t hire him. This is 2019. He’s a soccer coach for a team where most of his players play in a 6 country radius in Europe. He’s not a bank teller
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote: I bet you would not recognise the Swedish coach, watching the league in Sweden and Yes, the coach lives in Sweden. Ex - Coach of falcons lived in Nigeria, No?

It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

It’s really irrelevant where Rohr lives. It’s a waste of time. Set success targets for him. He achieved all the targets set for him in his last contract. Now trying to insist he live in Nigeria when none of his players or prospects play there is a pure waste of time and says more about you (fans, NFF) than him.

We had Enugu II here saying there was no difference between flying from Abuja to Slovakia and from London to Slovakia. I know he chose the most obscure place in Europe to drive home a point, but even then, the point is ridiculous. There IS a difference. Big one. Our players play in 5 primary leagues in Europe, and so do our prospects (children born in the diaspora). If a coach says Europe makes more sense to him, so be it. I am concerned about his results.

This contract renewal process, if this story is to be believed, just seems more and more like a poisoned chalice to me. The NFF are trying to show him out but don’t want the blame from Rohr supporters.
Deanotito,

I chose the example of Slovakia to drive home the point that Rohr is not living in a country where all our players currently work. If that is the case, there is no point arguing that he should not stay in Nigeria because his best players aren't there.I understand the previous sentence is a double negative but let's move on. Note also that Rohr has several other off-field duties in Nigeria. Now on the Swedish example? Perhaps, it is appropriate to ask where the Brazilian NT coach resides given that most of his players are drawn from Europe.

TBH, I really think that the condition that Rohr lives in Nigeria is important but not a contract breaker. I think that it is simply an item that can be conceded. I say this because even Oliseh did not live in Nigeria and, thus, the NFF has actually had coaches residing outside the country. However, staying in the country where you reside is important because being the NT coach is more than coming in a few days to train the players. We talk about Rohr scouting players, yet we know that he has several guys including Adelakun and Agali already doing much of this in Europe for the SE. Nevertheless, there are several off the field responsibilities as well for Rohr. Thus, it is an important point and should not be diminished.

As for Pinnick's tactics of making these items public? I think it is intentional and a smart tactics on his end. By putting its out there, he is signaling to an important anti-Rohr group that he has their interests at heart even though it was his intervention that has kept Rohr as coach after the World Cup. Pinnick knows that by listing those items and winning some of them, he can go back to that anti-Rohr group to show them that some of their issues have been met in the new contract. It is a smart move.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
I work for a multi national. All over the world. Live in America.
You seem to be incapable of answering questions. I never asked whether you work for a "multinational." Most companies are multinationals. I asked where YOU WORKED! As in, your office.

You live in America and I am sure you work in America as well. On Monday, I challenge you to go to the office and tell your boss that you have decided to work from Nigeria. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Abeg shift make I see road.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
You seem to be incapable of answering questions. I never asked whether you work for a "multinational." Most companies are multinationals. I asked where YOU WORKED! As in, your office.

You live in America and I am sure you work in America as well. On Monday, I challenge you to go to the office and tell your boss that you have decided to work from Nigeria. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Abeg shift make I see road.
See road as you obviously don’t read well. The hq is in London. There is a satellite office in my city and numerous other US cities. I work from home most of the time.

And as to working from Nigeria, my boss told me before I took the offer that I can work from anywhere. And she has lived up to that commitment. Not all of us are bank tellers. And neither is Rohr.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote: I bet you would not recognise the Swedish coach, watching the league in Sweden and Yes, the coach lives in Sweden. Ex - Coach of falcons lived in Nigeria, No?

Deanotito,

I chose the example of Slovakia to drive home the point that Rohr is not living in a country where all our players currently work. If that is the case, there is no point arguing that he should not stay in Nigeria because his best players aren't there.I understand the previous sentence is a double negative but let's move on. Note also that Rohr has several other off-field duties in Nigeria. Now on the Swedish example? Perhaps, it is appropriate to ask where the Brazilian NT coach resides given that most of his players are drawn from Europe.

TBH, I really think that the condition that Rohr lives in Nigeria is important but not a contract breaker. I think that it is simply an item that can be conceded. I say this because even Oliseh did not live in Nigeria and, thus, the NFF has actually had coaches residing outside the country. However, staying in the country where you reside is important because being the NT coach is more than coming in a few days to train the players. We talk about Rohr scouting players, yet we know that he has several guys including Adelakun and Agali already doing much of this in Europe for the SE. Nevertheless, there are several off the field responsibilities as well for Rohr. Thus, it is an important point and should not be diminished.

As for Pinnick's tactics of making these items public? I think it is intentional and a smart tactics on his end. By putting its out there, he is signaling to an important anti-Rohr group that he has their interests at heart even though it was his intervention that has kept Rohr as coach after the World Cup. Pinnick knows that by listing those items and winning some of them, he can go back to that anti-Rohr group to show them that some of their issues have been met in the new contract. It is a smart move.
Ok. I agree that it shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

As for Pinnick’s strategy, well I’m a skeptic. I said a few months ago on here that by NFFs ‘body’ language, it didn’t seem to me that they wanted Rohr back. I believe that more today than then. If as you say these troubling clauses are just PR, wouldn’t Pinnick look worse if he in time gives in - as you seem to claim is his plan? What’s the purpose of the demands if you capitulate?

I’ve done numerous contract renewals for my work. This isn’t the way it goes. Maybe Pinnick is reinventing the wheel, but we’ll see.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Deanotito,

Ok. I agree that it shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

As for Pinnick’s strategy, well I’m a skeptic. I said a few months ago on here that by NFFs ‘body’ language, it didn’t seem to me that they wanted Rohr back. I believe that more today than then. If as you say these troubling clauses are just PR, wouldn’t Pinnick look worse if he in time gives in - as you seem to claim is his plan? What’s the purpose of the demands if you capitulate?

I’ve done numerous contract renewals for my work. This isn’t the way it goes. Maybe Pinnick is reinventing the wheel, but we’ll see.
Deanotito,

I do not believe those conditions are things that Pinnick personally believes in. However, he has them there because some of his Nff mates who are anti-Rohr demand them. Thus, if Rihr can get just one or two items as part of the final contract he wins and he convinces the anti-Rohr guys. Note also that Pinnick will not concede without reciprocation from the Rohr camp. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

deanotito wrote:It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

Where Rohr lives in relevant and not a waste of time.

Coaching a national team is different from working for a multi-national company. The CEOs of multi-national companies reside where the company´s HQ is located. Going further, the CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in the where the company´s HQ is located. I am hard-pressed to find a Multi-national company that the CEO, CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in different countries. Their indirect reports might reside in different countries, especially Head of Technology due to remote working, outsourcing etc.

Carlos Queiroz lived in Tehran when he was coach of the Iranian national team, you would argue that majority of the Iranian squad to 2014 and 2018 WC were home based... The Same Carlos Queiroz is now coach of the Colombian national team, majority of the Colombian players are based outside Colombia, Yet Carlos Queiroz lives in Colombia.

Majority of the French players that won the WC and the starting line-ups apart from Kylian Mbappe played outside France, their coach lives in France.

Our players playing in Europe and coaching living in Europe is a misnomer, because Europe is a Continent... He can monitor all the European based players from Nigeria.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:If the NFF has no vision beyond who they hire to coach the Nigerian senior team, I can't be bothered anymore.

This is the same ish every 4 years. And we all give them our attention when we should know better.

Tufiakwa! why is the black man so cursed! You have stood by Arsenal through years of pain and 3 coaching changes, and multiple humiliations. But when its Nigeria, a black man's team, you "cant be bothered anymore." disgusting!

you didn't answer a valid question, instead you deflected and pulled a damunk.....come on why do you still stand by assanal, however your own country you want to quit...hmmm...just saying
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

See road as you obviously don’t read well. The hq is in London. There is a satellite office in my city and numerous other US cities. I work from home most of the time.

And as to working from Nigeria, my boss told me before I took the offer that I can work from anywhere. And she has lived up to that commitment. Not all of us are bank tellers. And neither is Rohr.
Do you have the working from anywhere in writing? Or your boss said this in passing?
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

My two pence. I think the residence issue will not be a deal breaker. I am more concerned about the financial part of the offer. It seems a bit stiff for a renewal especially with all targets met in the previous contract. Hopefully they have an understanding that maybe this approach might be necessary to at least muzzle the Rohr must go crooks and agents who want a return of the pay for selection of previous years
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

Where Rohr lives in relevant and not a waste of time.

Coaching a national team is different from working for a multi-national company. The CEOs of multi-national companies reside where the company´s HQ is located. Going further, the CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in the where the company´s HQ is located. I am hard-pressed to find a Multi-national company that the CEO, CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in different countries. Their indirect reports might reside in different countries, especially Head of Technology due to remote working, outsourcing etc.

Carlos Queiroz lived in Tehran when he was coach of the Iranian national team, you would argue that majority of the Iranian squad to 2014 and 2018 WC were home based... The Same Carlos Queiroz is now coach of the Colombian national team, majority of the Colombian players are based outside Colombia, Yet Carlos Queiroz lives in Colombia.

Majority of the French players that won the WC and the starting line-ups apart from Kylian Mbappe played outside France, their coach lives in France.

Our players playing in Europe and coaching living in Europe is a misnomer, because Europe is a Continent... He can monitor all the European based players from Nigeria.
Do you know the reason they (CEO, CFO etc) reside in the city of the HQ? It’s because of centralization. There are day to day functions they have to see and manage from all over the world...and that centralization causes them to live in one city.

NT coach is diff. Most of his “work” is in Europe. Most of his monitoring is in Europe. Let me ask this. Supposing that there are 30 players in the purview of the SE and Rohr believes that he has to watch each of them at least 1ce a season. That would mean that he would likely be gone for 20-30 weekends a year. And let’s not even talk about the potential that some of them are benched when he’s around. Now let’s add the prospects...the numerous diasporeans he has to watch. So let’s conservatively say Rohr’s gone 30 weekends a year.

Tell me, is it more convenient for him to fly out of Abuja to do that? Is it the same NFF that can’t pay his salary that will now pay for 30 trips out of Abuja?

I personally am indifferent to where he stays. I think it’s a non-issue. What matters is his results, and over the last 4 years, he delivered.
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

kawawa wrote:My two pence. I think the residence issue will not be a deal breaker. I am more concerned about the financial part of the offer. It seems a bit stiff for a renewal especially with all targets met in the previous contract. Hopefully they have an understanding that maybe this approach might be necessary to at least muzzle the Rohr must go crooks and agents who want a return of the pay for selection of previous years
Like I told Enugu II and others, to me, the salary reduction is a poisoned chalice. It’s not just stiff. You don’t treat a good faith contract renewal this way.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Do you have the working from anywhere in writing? Or your boss said this in passing?
Didn’t want to answer this ridiculous question, but I’ll humor you. It’s not in writing. Neither is it in writing that I have to live in my current city. That’s not the kind of thing you put in writing. Maybe NFF can learn a thing or two from that?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ok, when you get back to work after the holidays..work from home for the next month....please come back and let us know how productive you are/were
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: See road as you obviously don’t read well. The hq is in London. There is a satellite office in my city and numerous other US cities. I work from home most of the time.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The funny part is that you think you are smart, but everyone is actually laughing at you right now.

#$%$*, you work at the satellite office in your City and you live in your City!

THAT IS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Good! Tomorrow, go to work and tell her you want to take up the offer she gave you when you started. Tell her you have decided to work from Nigeria permanently! I double dare you! :lol:

Not all of us are bank tellers. And neither is Rohr
You are right. He is not a bank teller, but I will tell you what he is-- HE IS OUR EMPLOYEE, and he will da.mn wel work from wherever we decide! We have decided he will work from Nigeria and he will do it! He has no choice in this matter. He will do as we say, whether he likes it or not. This is not 1780 or 1835. The black man is no longer a slave. He will do exactly as we say, mark my words!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

you didn't answer a valid question, instead you deflected and pulled a damunk.....come on why do you still stand by assanal, however your own country you want to quit...hmmm...just saying
Dont waste your time with that maggot. Dude is a slave with no shame.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
Didn’t want to answer this ridiculous question, but I’ll humor you. It’s not in writing. Neither is it in writing that I have to live in my current city. That’s not the kind of thing you put in writing. Maybe NFF can learn a thing or two from that?
Now you are just telling lies! Have you ever seen an offer letter? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:How many times have you seen **** on tv scouting any of our players in Europe?

His job is in Nigeria. Where else is he going to work? For those of you working in America and Europe, why dont you tell your employers that you have decided to move back to Nigeria, from where you will be working? What nonsense! The negro always has to "be fair" and put himself on the floor like a fooking door mat! When will you guys stand up with pride and refuse to be the sh1t of the world? In what planet does an employee dictate to his employer where he will be stationed! Try it to your oyibo employer and see what they will do to you.

Nonsense!
Doing exactly what in Nigeria?

I'm not interested in mere optics but substance. You should try it...

Same with EII...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Rohr has done a very good job of tracking our players abroad and actually visiting them in their clubs in various cities around the world. As the majority of them play in Europe, I don't see the point of confining him to Nigeria. If they want him out, then don't renew the contract.

I've given up trying to figure out what kind of game NFF are playing.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Orion wrote:Rohr has done a very good job of tracking our players abroad and actually visiting them in their clubs in various cities around the world. As the majority of them play in Europe, I don't see the point of confining him to Nigeria. If they want him out, then don't renew the contract.

Post evidence of these vitists in various cities around the world, please. Or is this another "Toyin Ibitoye said so?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Orion wrote:Rohr has done a very good job of tracking our players abroad and actually visiting them in their clubs in various cities around the world. As the majority of them play in Europe, I don't see the point of confining him to Nigeria. If they want him out, then don't renew the contract.

Post evidence of these vitists in various cities around the world, please. Or is this another "Toyin Ibitoye said so?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He visited tammy Abraham, so for dem eyes bobo dey visit
SuperEagles