NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Orion wrote:Rohr has done a very good job of tracking our players abroad and actually visiting them in their clubs in various cities around the world. As the majority of them play in Europe, I don't see the point of confining him to Nigeria. If they want him out, then don't renew the contract.

I've given up trying to figure out what kind of game NFF are playing.
Post evidence of these vitists in various cities around the world, please. Or is this another "Toyin Ibitoye said so?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He visited tammy Abraham, so for dem eyes bobo dey visit
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

deanotito wrote:NT coach is diff. Most of his “work” is in Europe. Most of his monitoring is in Europe. Let me ask this. Supposing that there are 30 players in the purview of the SE and Rohr believes that he has to watch each of them at least 1ce a season. That would mean that he would likely be gone for 20-30 weekends a year. And let’s not even talk about the potential that some of them are benched when he’s around. Now let’s add the prospects...the numerous diasporeans he has to watch. So let’s conservatively say Rohr’s gone 30 weekends a year.
The Brazilian team to Russia 2018 had 4 players (1 in China and 3 in Brazil), who were not playing in Europe and The Argentinian team to Russia 2018 had 6 players(1 in Mexico, 1 in China and 4 in Argentina) who were not playing in Europe.

Yet, to read that the Brazilian or Argentinian coach is living Europe because most of his players or players he is monitoring are in Europe. How is the Brazilian or Argentinian coach monitoring players in their purview without living in Europe?

How many diasporeans has Rohr watched? How many times has Rohr gone to watch or monitor players in France, Spain, England etc? Rohr can do the job from Nigeria.
deanotito wrote:I personally am indifferent to where he stays. I think it’s a non-issue. What matters is his results, and over the last 4 years, he delivered.
If qualifying for AfCon and World Cup are Rohr´s deliverables, we are not getting value for money.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:If the NFF has no vision beyond who they hire to coach the Nigerian senior team, I can't be bothered anymore.

This is the same ish every 4 years. And we all give them our attention when we should know better.
Yet, you are prepared to die for Arsenal, as poorly run as the club has been.

Tufiakwa! why is the black man so cursed! You have stood by Arsenal through years of pain and 3 coaching changes, and multiple humiliations. But when its Nigeria, a black man's team, you "cant be bothered anymore." disgusting!
These are 2 contexts. Why are you always bitter?

I once saw a bit of advise - KEEP AWAY FROM TOXIC PEOPLE.

My preference, my business. Capisce?
you didn't answer a valid question, instead you deflected and pulled a damunk.....come on why do you still stand by assanal, however your own country you want to quit...hmmm...just saying
There is a prayer - Lord grant me to accept the things I cannot control.

We keep chasing after who is the coach or the next coach. I call that BS. Why?

The problem is more structural and foundational. Look at our team - 100% foreign based or foreign born. Does it feel like a Nigerian team to you?

It doesn't to me.

Until we start to attack the malaise in our football, I'm done with the pointless charade of who is or isn't in charge of our NT.

If you have energy to waste na your shelenge be that.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

It’s really irrelevant where Rohr lives. It’s a waste of time. Set success targets for him. He achieved all the targets set for him in his last contract. Now trying to insist he live in Nigeria when none of his players or prospects play there is a pure waste of time and says more about you (fans, NFF) than him.

We had Enugu II here saying there was no difference between flying from Abuja to Slovakia and from London to Slovakia. I know he chose the most obscure place in Europe to drive home a point, but even then, the point is ridiculous. There IS a difference. Big one. Our players play in 5 primary leagues in Europe, and so do our prospects (children born in the diaspora). If a coach says Europe makes more sense to him, so be it. I am concerned about his results.

This contract renewal process, if this story is to be believed, just seems more and more like a poisoned chalice to me. The NFF are trying to show him out but don’t want the blame from Rohr supporters.
Where Rohr lives in relevant and not a waste of time.

Coaching a national team is different from working for a multi-national company. The CEOs of multi-national companies reside where the company´s HQ is located. Going further, the CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in the where the company´s HQ is located. I am hard-pressed to find a Multi-national company that the CEO, CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in different countries. Their indirect reports might reside in different countries, especially Head of Technology due to remote working, outsourcing etc.

Carlos Queiroz lived in Tehran when he was coach of the Iranian national team, you would argue that majority of the Iranian squad to 2014 and 2018 WC were home based... The Same Carlos Queiroz is now coach of the Colombian national team, majority of the Colombian players are based outside Colombia, Yet Carlos Queiroz lives in Colombia.

Majority of the French players that won the WC and the starting line-ups apart from Kylian Mbappe played outside France, their coach lives in France.

Our players playing in Europe and coaching living in Europe is a misnomer, because Europe is a Continent... He can monitor all the European based players from Nigeria.
Do you know the reason they (CEO, CFO etc) reside in the city of the HQ? It’s because of centralization. There are day to day functions they have to see and manage from all over the world...and that centralization causes them to live in one city.

NT coach is diff. Most of his “work” is in Europe. Most of his monitoring is in Europe. Let me ask this. Supposing that there are 30 players in the purview of the SE and Rohr believes that he has to watch each of them at least 1ce a season. That would mean that he would likely be gone for 20-30 weekends a year. And let’s not even talk about the potential that some of them are benched when he’s around. Now let’s add the prospects...the numerous diasporeans he has to watch. So let’s conservatively say Rohr’s gone 30 weekends a year.

Tell me, is it more convenient for him to fly out of Abuja to do that? Is it the same NFF that can’t pay his salary that will now pay for 30 trips out of Abuja?

I personally am indifferent to where he stays. I think it’s a non-issue. What matters is his results, and over the last 4 years, he delivered.

What will make it easier to fly from Germany to Turkey, Belgium, France, China, Nigeria where our players play than to fly from Abuja? The coach does not fly to every game to watch players, he has scouts that do that.

I like Rohr as a coach and I think he has accomplished a lot with Nigeria considering where we were before he was hired, but some of the arguments above are ridiculous.

If he lives in Nigeria, he can monitor local players better and perhaps discover one or two players to add to the European squad.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Didn’t want to answer this ridiculous question, but I’ll humor you. It’s not in writing. Neither is it in writing that I have to live in my current city. That’s not the kind of thing you put in writing. Maybe NFF can learn a thing or two from that?
Now you are just telling lies! Have you ever seen an offer letter? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver,

This is a good discussion but only if we can keep it clean without attacking the person. If you feel it is inaccurate then simply show why. Let's really have a good and informed discussion allowing each side to simply present the strength of their points.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote: If he is Nigeria, he can monitor local players better, and perhaps discover one or two players to add to the European squad.
This is another salient point the ´live in Europe´ choose to ignore.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Didn’t want to answer this ridiculous question, but I’ll humor you. It’s not in writing. Neither is it in writing that I have to live in my current city. That’s not the kind of thing you put in writing. Maybe NFF can learn a thing or two from that?
Now you are just telling lies! Have you ever seen an offer letter? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver,

This is a good discussion but only if we can keep it clean without attacking the person. If you feel it is inaccurate then simply show why. Let's really have a good and informed discussion allowing each side to simply present the strength of their points.
Uncle, would you like to give the same advise to Deanotito? Because I am now noticing this trend on CE. When someone else is rude, everyone keeps quiet. But when I say something that is not even rude, I am told to calm down. WTH??!!!
deanotito wrote: What on earth type of silly question is this? I am in no position to see him. I have seen him zero times.
deanotito wrote:
See road as you obviously don’t read well. The hq is in London. There is a satellite office in my city and numerous other US cities. I work from home most of the time.
Do you guys purposefully turn a blind eye at other people? or you gloss over it and read my own with a microscope? Not Like I even insulted the guy, I simply advised him to stop lying.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver,

Uncle, would you like to give the same advise to Deanotito? Because I am now noticing this trend on CE. When someone else is rude, everyone keeps quiet. But when I say something that is not even rude, I am told to calm down. WTH??!!!
deanotito wrote: What on earth type of silly question is this? I am in no position to see him. I have seen him zero times.
deanotito wrote:
See road as you obviously don’t read well. The hq is in London. There is a satellite office in my city and numerous other US cities. I work from home most of the time.
Do you guys purposefully turn a blind eye at other people? or you gloss over it and read my own with a microscope? Not Like I even insulted the guy, I simply advised him to stop lying.
danfo,

Then that makes it two of you. My plea is not to derail the thread. I think both of you have made important points and it will help if we all focus on making those points. There are many, including myself, who learn from the points made here and it will be a disservice to have the thread derailed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Orion wrote:Rohr has done a very good job of tracking our players abroad and actually visiting them in their clubs in various cities around the world. As the majority of them play in Europe, I don't see the point of confining him to Nigeria. If they want him out, then don't renew the contract.

I've given up trying to figure out what kind of game NFF are playing.
Post evidence of these vitists in various cities around the world, please. Or is this another "Toyin Ibitoye said so?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He visited tammy Abraham, so for dem eyes bobo dey visit
He does indeed visit his players. Not long ago you guys posted about visiting Maja at Bordeaux and there has been others on the pages of this site. He is not a flashy guy or a loud mouth like some of our kin but I think a bit hypocritical to say he does not visit players just because you don’t know
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

kawawa wrote:He does indeed visit his players. Not long ago you guys posted about visiting Maja at Bordeaux and there has been others on the pages of this site. He is not a flashy guy or a loud mouth like some of our kin but I think a bit hypocritical to say he does not visit players just because you don’t know
I didn´t know, you and your kin were loud mouth.
Rohr lives in France and scouts or visit a player in France. Hallelujah
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kawawa wrote: He does indeed visit his players. Not long ago you guys posted about visiting Maja at Bordeaux and there has been others on the pages of this site. He is not a flashy guy or a loud mouth like some of our kin but I think a bit hypocritical to say he does not visit players just because you don’t know
Does **** not have a brothel/hotel in Bordeaux? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude lives in Bordeaux and is concentrating on running his brothel on our dime and you people want us to keep quiet. Visit Maja my bombom! Provide pictures of him at the stadium watching Maja and Kalu. Thank you.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

fabio wrote:
kawawa wrote:He does indeed visit his players. Not long ago you guys posted about visiting Maja at Bordeaux and there has been others on the pages of this site. He is not a flashy guy or a loud mouth like some of our kin but I think a bit hypocritical to say he does not visit players just because you don’t know
I didn´t know, you and your kin were loud mouth.
Rohr lives in France and scouts or visit a player in France. Hallelujah
Point is if you were the coach, we would be inundated with selfies of you outside the stadium just to say you were scouting. I was specifically thinking of your loud mouth actually
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

danfo driver wrote:
kawawa wrote: He does indeed visit his players. Not long ago you guys posted about visiting Maja at Bordeaux and there has been others on the pages of this site. He is not a flashy guy or a loud mouth like some of our kin but I think a bit hypocritical to say he does not visit players just because you don’t know
Does **** not have a brothel/hotel in Bordeaux? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude lives in Bordeaux and is concentrating on running his brothel on our dime and you people want us to keep quiet. Visit Maja my bombom! Provide pictures of him at the stadium watching Maja and Kalu. Thank you.

You have scouted the brothel?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Odas wrote:In all, I think Rohr should live in Nigeria. That is where his job is and it's the appropriate thing to do. The NFF is right on this one. If Rohr turns down the job based on the clause. I believe he will blame himself later
Which one of the incompetent local coaches would you appoint if Rohr turns down the offer?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

kawawa wrote:Point is if you were the coach, we would be inundated with selfies of you outside the stadium just to say you were scouting. I was specifically thinking of your loud mouth actually
Oh dear! You have clearly not added anything of substance or value to the discussion. Not need to sink to such low levels. Have a fabulous 2020.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Sir V wrote:Which one of the incompetent local coaches would you appoint if Rohr turns down the offer?
Sir V, this is not about LC. Should Rohr live in Nigeria? Simple Yes or No?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

fabio wrote:
Sir V wrote:Which one of the incompetent local coaches would you appoint if Rohr turns down the offer?
Sir V, this is not about LC. Should Rohr live in Nigeria? Simple Yes or No?
My bro, you don't understand what is going on.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kawawa wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You have scouted the brothel?
Provide evidence of **** at the stadium scouting maja and kalu! Simple as that! All this one you dey tok na long tori, please provide the evidence!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

An African national team coach that lives in Europe. No wonder he was slow to acclimate. Blacks are often too fast to settle for less, I doubt any Europeans country will ever allow its national team coach to live in another continent. How does a coach even begin to integrate the national style of football into his coaching when he does not live in the country? When does he even have time to learn the local style of football if he lives in another continent? Na wa.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:NT coach is diff. Most of his “work” is in Europe. Most of his monitoring is in Europe. Let me ask this. Supposing that there are 30 players in the purview of the SE and Rohr believes that he has to watch each of them at least 1ce a season. That would mean that he would likely be gone for 20-30 weekends a year. And let’s not even talk about the potential that some of them are benched when he’s around. Now let’s add the prospects...the numerous diasporeans he has to watch. So let’s conservatively say Rohr’s gone 30 weekends a year.
The Brazilian team to Russia 2018 had 4 players (1 in China and 3 in Brazil), who were not playing in Europe and The Argentinian team to Russia 2018 had 6 players(1 in Mexico, 1 in China and 4 in Argentina) who were not playing in Europe.

Yet, to read that the Brazilian or Argentinian coach is living Europe because most of his players or players he is monitoring are in Europe. How is the Brazilian or Argentinian coach monitoring players in their purview without living in Europe?

How many diasporeans has Rohr watched? How many times has Rohr gone to watch or monitor players in France, Spain, England etc? Rohr can do the job from Nigeria.
deanotito wrote:I personally am indifferent to where he stays. I think it’s a non-issue. What matters is his results, and over the last 4 years, he delivered.
If qualifying for AfCon and World Cup are Rohr´s deliverables, we are not getting value for money.
Then, get a better coach. And set targets for him more in line with what you want. The targets that were set forth in Rohr's contract, he has achieved. All the while, he allegedly lived in Europe. Now, you want him to live in Nigeria. For what purpose? To what end? Because he didn't achieve?

I would prefer if all the SE players played in Nigeria. It would make a whole lot of things easier for Nigeria. But alas, they don't. And we are lucky that they don't. Let's focus on the big picture
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oscar52 wrote:An African national team coach that lives in Europe. No wonder he was slow to acclimate. Blacks are often too fast to settle for less, I doubt any Europeans country will ever allow its national team coach to live in another continent. How does a coach even begin to integrate the national style of football into his coaching when he does not live in the country? When does he even have time to learn the local style of football if he lives in another continent? Na wa.
Just get a local coach and be done with it. That way, he wont need to integrate into the national style. It'll already be in his blood
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

deanotito wrote:Then, get a better coach. And set targets for him more in line with what you want. The targets that were set forth in Rohr's contract, he has achieved. All the while, he allegedly lived in Europe. Now, you want him to live in Nigeria. For what purpose? To what end? Because he didn't achieve?

I would prefer if all the SE players played in Nigeria. It would make a whole lot of things easier for Nigeria. But alas, they don't. And we are lucky that they don't. Let's focus on the big picture
Chief, Coaching the national team of a country is not an off-shore role, where a coach comes in 2 weeks before a match and zooms off, after the match.

This debate has come to a natural end. All the points raised by the Rohr should live in Europe has been countered with empirical evidence (from Brazil, France, Argentina and Iran, to Multi national company, etc) and there has not been a counter perspective raised. We are just going round in circles with no new significant point provided.

It´s quite instructive the prominent supporters of Rohr have avoided this thread like a plague, maybe deep down they know the truth.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:Then, get a better coach. And set targets for him more in line with what you want. The targets that were set forth in Rohr's contract, he has achieved. All the while, he allegedly lived in Europe. Now, you want him to live in Nigeria. For what purpose? To what end? Because he didn't achieve?

Chief, Coaching the national team of a country is not an off-shore role, where a coach comes in 2 weeks before a match and zooms off, after the match.

This debate has come to a natural end. All the points raised by the Rohr should live in Europe has been countered with empirical evidence (from Brazil, France, Argentina and Iran, to Multi national company, etc) and there has not been a counter perspective raised. We are just going round in circles with no new significant point provided.

It´s quite instructive the prominent supporters of Rohr have avoided this thread like a plague, maybe deep down they know the truth.
Disagree with what you call empirical evidence. There is none. The strongest bit of evidence is whether, while allegedly living in Europe, Rohr achieved all his targets. The answer is yes, he did - Brazil, Argentina coach behaviors notwithstanding. France? Really? Iran??? I do remember Klinsmann maintaining his family and residence in California while working for Germany, but again, these are just irrelevant counterpoints...at least, no where as strong as what Rohr has achieved while living in Europe.

Why don’t we require our players to live in Nigeria? There is no justification for forcing a head coach to live in Nigeria that doesn’t apply even more to players. They are the standard bearers for the colors, more so than any coach could ever hope to be. When you remember Nigeria’s glory years, you’re not over there daydreaming about Bonfrere or Westerhof, are you?

One consistent critique I hear from coaches who consider NT jobs is that it is boring, especially for coaches coming from club football. You spend a lot of time doing nothing (compared to work in the clubs). Let’s not pretend that there is so much work for him in Nigeria that he has to be there
Last edited by deanotito on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.