Opera News: Gernot Rohr Won't Sign New Contract .....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Opera News: Gernot Rohr Won't Sign New Contract .....

Post by Enugu II »

No new deal for Rohr: January talk 'a smokescreen'
opera.com Dec 28, 2019 6:38 AM
http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail ... =1&client=

Gernot Rohr will not be signing a new contract as Nigeria coach and will depart in June 2020, Opera News understands.

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick stated that talks over a new deal - scheduled for January - will compel Rohr to live in the country and his employers will vet his list of selected players going forward.

But another top official has revealed that Rohr would not be prolonging his stay beyond his current deal which expires in six months, adding that reports in the media about a new deal is a smokescreen.

"It will take a miracle for Gernot [Rohr] to continue as Super Eagles coach beyond June," a top NFF official confirmed to Opera News.

"All the reports in the media about a new contract with stringent clauses is purely a smokescreen.

"He's clearly made public statement about the fact that he is allowed to speak to other countries or clubs from 1 January 2020, it will be better for him to start looking at his options now.

"Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there is no going back. The working relationship broke down after the last renewal due to a World Cup qualification bonus payment, that was few months before the World Cup."

However, Rohr has no intention of cutting short his stint with Nigeria and fully intends having another new two years with the three-time African champions.

Despite a deteriorating working conditions as a result of delayed salary payments and contractual violations, the NFF president has revealed that the 66-year-old's potential third phase will include specific clauses to ensure that he respects 'national integrity'.

"We are not going to compromise our national integrity again. He must live in Nigeria and can go to Europe two or three times a year," Pinnick was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

"He can stay either in Lagos or Abuja, where we are ready to provide a befitting accommodation for him.

"Other national teams' coaches live in the countries where they work and ours cannot be different.

"I must admit that the last contract was loose in so many areas, but we want to correct that now."

Pinnick said Rohr, like every other Nigerian employee, would now be subject to the existing tax regime in the country, adding that the federation was not ready to condone anything that would go against national interest.

Back in August 2016, Rohr inherited a team in shambles and had failed to qualify for two Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournaments under Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh and caretaker manager Samson Siasia.

He navigated the chaos created by his predecessors - beating former African champions Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria in tough qualifying group - to pick a ticket to the 2018 World Cup.

He guided the Super Eagles to the tournament in Russia where they failed to make it past the group stage.

On the continent his drama-free management style helped Nigeria to a third place finish at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt in July.

Follow the writer on Twitter and Instagram: @oluwashina
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Opera News: Gernot Rohr Won't Sign New Contract .....

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lovely news :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The article itself is a smokescreen . Shameless crooks:laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there is no going back. The working relationship broke down after the last renewal due to a World Cup qualification bonus payment, that was few months before the World Cup."

However, Rohr has no intention of cutting short his stint with Nigeria and fully intends having another new two years with the three-time African champions.
The above antonymns is confusing me.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle EII, so you cannot tell fake news from reading the first 2 sentences of a report?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

imehjunior wrote:
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there is no going back. The working relationship broke down after the last renewal due to a World Cup qualification bonus payment, that was few months before the World Cup."

Junk journalism surely can't help itself...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

Even slow motion Tobi got this one right. kai....Enugu has disgraced imsef on CE :laugh:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

It had better be true or else we'll have to place Bigporkey, Fabiyoyo and Danfo Driver on suicide watch. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

It had better be true or else we'll have to place Bigporkey, Fabiyoyo and Danfo Driver on suicide watch. :idea:
No need for to watch them. Let them off themselves holding hands while hugging a transformer. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Journalist Osasu Obayiuwana has promised to publish his take on the background to this dogfight between the Federation and Rohr, which has some months of history to it. I look forward to that publication but there is little doubt that this is going to be a stealth battle with all types of cunning in attempt to protect/shape image and influence public opinion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:Journalist Osasu Obayiuwana has promised to publish his take on the background to this dogfight between the Federation and Rohr, which has some months of history to it. I look forward to that publication but there is little doubt that this is going to be a stealth battle with all types of cunning in attempt to protect/shape image and influence public opinion.

He's a Fake news merchant. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why not just go before our next important games.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

If only we could get some credible info on this issue.
Four days and six pages on, everything is still conjecture.
Everybodi dey add dem own.

For example, what was all this about, why and how did it change and when? :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why not just go before our next important games.
Why don't you add some much-needed substance to your position and suggest a succession plan to this your brilliant idea?
You seem to have a 'plan' for everything else under the sun :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

2020, we get a new manager..4 years and **** didn't win anything...
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

You should be very careful how you talk about suicide. I am sure some folks who visit CE may be suffering from such mental illnesses....you are supposed to be a doctor and you use such loosely..what a shame..

Guess what I pay your master's salary....you still have a slave mentality ..**** owns you..we are kicking him out. I expect the press to finish him off pretty soon
SuperEagles

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I cannot see Rohr going anywhere. He sees himself as a man who will achieve great things with Nigeria. He has already lined up friendlies against Germany and Italy in 2020.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
imehjunior wrote:

You should be very careful how you talk about suicide. I am sure some folks who visit CE may be suffering from such mental illnesses....you are supposed to be a doctor and you use such loosely..what a shame..

Guess what I pay your master's salary....you still have a slave mentality ..**** owns you..we are kicking him out. I expect the press to finish him off pretty soon
The general consensus is that you are top of that list.
I agree. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...like all the epl teams fire their winning coaches only to hire relegating coaches so will Nigeria when they fire this man wey don manage to put SE back on the football map.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am very excited to know his contract situation are all over the press...this is how the nff works... Hopefully come march get gets fired...Amunike is getting ready to take over...new decade , new SE , new Afcon champs..we always win Afcon every decade....long live the SE
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He should not sign the rubbish put before him the miscreants looking for ways to sack him. It is better for him to call their bluff and if need be walk away with his dignity than sign that piece of garbage
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I am very excited to know his contract situation are all over the press...this is how the nff works... Hopefully come march get gets fired...Amunike is getting ready to take over...new decade , new SE , new Afcon champs..we always win Afcon every decade....long live the SE
What was Amunike able to accomplish with almighty Tanzania?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If Rohr is not resigned, I would give the job to Finidi!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.