NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

It’s really irrelevant where Rohr lives. It’s a waste of time. Set success targets for him. He achieved all the targets set for him in his last contract. Now trying to insist he live in Nigeria when none of his players or prospects play there is a pure waste of time and says more about you (fans, NFF) than him.

We had Enugu II here saying there was no difference between flying from Abuja to Slovakia and from London to Slovakia. I know he chose the most obscure place in Europe to drive home a point, but even then, the point is ridiculous. There IS a difference. Big one. Our players play in 5 primary leagues in Europe, and so do our prospects (children born in the diaspora). If a coach says Europe makes more sense to him, so be it. I am concerned about his results.

This contract renewal process, if this story is to be believed, just seems more and more like a poisoned chalice to me. The NFF are trying to show him out but don’t want the blame from Rohr supporters.
Where Rohr lives in relevant and not a waste of time.

Coaching a national team is different from working for a multi-national company. The CEOs of multi-national companies reside where the company´s HQ is located. Going further, the CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in the where the company´s HQ is located. I am hard-pressed to find a Multi-national company that the CEO, CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in different countries. Their indirect reports might reside in different countries, especially Head of Technology due to remote working, outsourcing etc.

Carlos Queiroz lived in Tehran when he was coach of the Iranian national team, you would argue that majority of the Iranian squad to 2014 and 2018 WC were home based... The Same Carlos Queiroz is now coach of the Colombian national team, majority of the Colombian players are based outside Colombia, Yet Carlos Queiroz lives in Colombia.

Majority of the French players that won the WC and the starting line-ups apart from Kylian Mbappe played outside France, their coach lives in France.

Our players playing in Europe and coaching living in Europe is a misnomer, because Europe is a Continent... He can monitor all the European based players from Nigeria.
Do you know the reason they (CEO, CFO etc) reside in the city of the HQ? It’s because of centralization. There are day to day functions they have to see and manage from all over the world...and that centralization causes them to live in one city.

NT coach is diff. Most of his “work” is in Europe. Most of his monitoring is in Europe. Let me ask this. Supposing that there are 30 players in the purview of the SE and Rohr believes that he has to watch each of them at least 1ce a season. That would mean that he would likely be gone for 20-30 weekends a year. And let’s not even talk about the potential that some of them are benched when he’s around. Now let’s add the prospects...the numerous diasporeans he has to watch. So let’s conservatively say Rohr’s gone 30 weekends a year.

Tell me, is it more convenient for him to fly out of Abuja to do that? Is it the same NFF that can’t pay his salary that will now pay for 30 trips out of Abuja?

I personally am indifferent to where he stays. I think it’s a non-issue. What matters is his results, and over the last 4 years, he delivered.

What will make it easier to fly from Germany to Turkey, Belgium, France, China, Nigeria where our players play than to fly from Abuja? The coach does not fly to every game to watch players, he has scouts that do that.

I like Rohr as a coach and I think he has accomplished a lot with Nigeria considering where we were before he was hired, but some of the arguments above are ridiculous.

If he lives in Nigeria, he can monitor local players better and perhaps discover one or two players to add to the European squad.
He has already told you time and again that he thinks the local league is not a viable pipeline for the national team. If you have a problem with that, set a target for that. He will adjust his lifestyle accordingly. I actually disagree with him on the local league (as I believe there will always be gems to find) but I cannot argue with his results. What he’s doing has worked.

Now as to your point about flying to European cities while based in Europe or flying from Abuja, I’m just going to assume you don’t know Europe very well. Cause there is no conceivable explanation beyond that. I carried small bag enter train from London and land for France piam. For night, enter the same train back to London. Abeg Chief, e don do.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

emjay wrote:
The NFF will also ensure, unlike in the past three years where he earned wages tax free, that his income will be levied.

Credit: CompletesportsNigeria

With All these conditions, do you think Rohr will still remain with the eagles?

See more stories Here
“Other national teams’ coaches live in the countries where they work and ours cannot be different.“I must admit that the last contract was loose in so many areas, but we want to correct that now.”Pinnick said Rohr, like every other Nigerian employee, would now be subject to the existing tax regime in the country, adding that the federation was not ready to condone anything that would go against national interest.

https://guardian.ng/sport/rohr-must-res ... k-insists/
Mr. Man should pay taxes in Nigeria. The previous contract agreed by Pinnick as with previous contract agreed shows how incompetent he is.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I want Rohr to continue and am satisfied with the job he has done. I'm ok with him paying taxes as long as all the other expatriates in Nigeria are doing the same. However, I don't see how living in Nigeria will make him more effective when 95% of the players he invites and scouts are in Europe. Is NFF trying to force him out by placing unnecessary stipulations? If they don't want him to continue they should say so and start looking for another coach.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Nwosu praises NFF for stay-in- Nigeria clause in Rohr’s new contract
Super Eagles’ Former Captain, Henry Nwosu has commended the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Pinnick for his recent declaration that Gernot Rohr must live in Nigeria if he desired to remain the coach of the national team. Nwosu advised the federation to do away with the German if he refused to accept the condition, warning the federation to avoid allowing sentiments to rule on the issue.

Nwosu noted that Rohr’s continuous absence from the country had affected the home-based players’ desire to play for the senior national team.

The former Golden Eaglets’ coach wondered why Rohr should not be keen in living in Nigeria even when the federation promised to provide all he needs to be comfortable in the country.

“I don’t think the NFF is trying to send Rohr away by telling the coach he must remain in the country. This is the standard practice in the world.

“A coach that is handling a national team must be in the country to monitor activities of players and also help develop football in the country.

“This is the best pronouncement I have seen the NFF make this year. Rohr needs to watch our league, talk to local coaches and mingle with domestic players from different clubs in the country.

“I believe NFF was in a haste to get a coach and also naive that was why they did not make this statement in his first contract,” he added.

Nwosu added that since Rohr has been outside the country scouting for Nigerian players based in Europe, there has not been any positive result, saying the Super Eagles have not excelled in any major championship in the last four years.

“If Rohr says he cannot stay in Nigeria, the NFF should allow him to go. We can’t remain at the same level every year.

“The Eagles must progress. I don’t hate Rohr, but the fact is that the standard practice of coaches living in the country they handle their team must be replicated in Nigeria,” he said.

https://guardian.ng/sport/nwosu-praises ... -contract/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, he will do as we say! He will toe the line or else! This is not 1700s where a white man cannot be instructed by a black man! He is our subordinate, whether he or his followers like it or not, and he will kowtow to our decisions. He has no say in the matter!

Times like this, I wish Idi Amin Dada was alive to weigh-in.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:Like I said, he will do as we say! He will toe the line or else! This is not 1700s where a white man cannot be instructed by a black man! He is our subordinate, whether he or his followers like it or not, and he will kowtow to our decisions. He has no say in the matter!

After his posturing, the economy tanked.

MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Like I said, he will do as we say! He will toe the line or else! This is not 1700s where a white man cannot be instructed by a black man! He is our subordinate, whether he or his followers like it or not, and he will kowtow to our decisions. He has no say in the matter!

What shall we do with the Negro?
I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature’s plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! If you see him on his way to school, let him alone, don’t disturb him! If you see him going to the dinner table at a hotel, let him go! If you see him going to the ballot- box, let him alone, don’t disturb him! If you see him going into a work-shop, just let him alone,—your interference is doing him a positive injury.

https://www.blackpast.org/african-ameri ... man-wants/
a word is enough for the wise. For the imbecilic? i doubt it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:It’s funny that you people want to die on this hill. I don’t know where the falcons coach lived but I know most falcons play in Nigeria. The Swedish coach is a bit different as Western Europe is almost like a big country...however, I’d be willing to guess a decent portion of the Swedish national team played in Sweden.

It’s really irrelevant where Rohr lives. It’s a waste of time. Set success targets for him. He achieved all the targets set for him in his last contract. Now trying to insist he live in Nigeria when none of his players or prospects play there is a pure waste of time and says more about you (fans, NFF) than him.

We had Enugu II here saying there was no difference between flying from Abuja to Slovakia and from London to Slovakia. I know he chose the most obscure place in Europe to drive home a point, but even then, the point is ridiculous. There IS a difference. Big one. Our players play in 5 primary leagues in Europe, and so do our prospects (children born in the diaspora). If a coach says Europe makes more sense to him, so be it. I am concerned about his results.

This contract renewal process, if this story is to be believed, just seems more and more like a poisoned chalice to me. The NFF are trying to show him out but don’t want the blame from Rohr supporters.
Where Rohr lives in relevant and not a waste of time.

Coaching a national team is different from working for a multi-national company. The CEOs of multi-national companies reside where the company´s HQ is located. Going further, the CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in the where the company´s HQ is located. I am hard-pressed to find a Multi-national company that the CEO, CFO, Head of Human Resources, and Head of Technology all reside in different countries. Their indirect reports might reside in different countries, especially Head of Technology due to remote working, outsourcing etc.

Carlos Queiroz lived in Tehran when he was coach of the Iranian national team, you would argue that majority of the Iranian squad to 2014 and 2018 WC were home based... The Same Carlos Queiroz is now coach of the Colombian national team, majority of the Colombian players are based outside Colombia, Yet Carlos Queiroz lives in Colombia.

Majority of the French players that won the WC and the starting line-ups apart from Kylian Mbappe played outside France, their coach lives in France.

Our players playing in Europe and coaching living in Europe is a misnomer, because Europe is a Continent... He can monitor all the European based players from Nigeria.
Do you know the reason they (CEO, CFO etc) reside in the city of the HQ? It’s because of centralization. There are day to day functions they have to see and manage from all over the world...and that centralization causes them to live in one city.

NT coach is diff. Most of his “work” is in Europe. Most of his monitoring is in Europe. Let me ask this. Supposing that there are 30 players in the purview of the SE and Rohr believes that he has to watch each of them at least 1ce a season. That would mean that he would likely be gone for 20-30 weekends a year. And let’s not even talk about the potential that some of them are benched when he’s around. Now let’s add the prospects...the numerous diasporeans he has to watch. So let’s conservatively say Rohr’s gone 30 weekends a year.

Tell me, is it more convenient for him to fly out of Abuja to do that? Is it the same NFF that can’t pay his salary that will now pay for 30 trips out of Abuja?

I personally am indifferent to where he stays. I think it’s a non-issue. What matters is his results, and over the last 4 years, he delivered.

What will make it easier to fly from Germany to Turkey, Belgium, France, China, Nigeria where our players play than to fly from Abuja? The coach does not fly to every game to watch players, he has scouts that do that.

I like Rohr as a coach and I think he has accomplished a lot with Nigeria considering where we were before he was hired, but some of the arguments above are ridiculous.

If he lives in Nigeria, he can monitor local players better and perhaps discover one or two players to add to the European squad.
He has already told you time and again that he thinks the local league is not a viable pipeline for the national team. If you have a problem with that, set a target for that. He will adjust his lifestyle accordingly. I actually disagree with him on the local league (as I believe there will always be gems to find) but I cannot argue with his results. What he’s doing has worked.

Now as to your point about flying to European cities while based in Europe or flying from Abuja, I’m just going to assume you don’t know Europe very well. Cause there is no conceivable explanation beyond that. I carried small bag enter train from London and land for France piam. For night, enter the same train back to London. Abeg Chief, e don do.

Those gems hidden under the bridge that nobody seems to be able to "discover", even for the youth teams?

Comon folks...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bro, its the 21st century. There are two parties to every contract.

Ultimately it comes down to being effective at your job, whatever the contractual arrangements.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

What shall we do with the Negro?
I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature’s plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! If you see him on his way to school, let him alone, don’t disturb him! If you see him going to the dinner table at a hotel, let him go! If you see him going to the ballot- box, let him alone, don’t disturb him! If you see him going into a work-shop, just let him alone,—your interference is doing him a positive injury.

https://www.blackpast.org/african-ameri ... man-wants/
a word is enough for the wise. For the imbecilic? i doubt it.
Says the Portuguese worshipper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the facts, Uganda was never the same which makes your analogy a very bad example indeed. I don't suspect the facts will do anything to convince you since you are immune to learning. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:

Ultimately it comes down to being effective at your job, whatever the contractual arrangements.
Yes, you are right, but in the 21st century, an employment contact has a "boss" and a "subordinate." We are the boss, he is the subordinate and he will toe the line.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Yes, you are right, but in the 21st century, an employment contact has a "boss" and a "subordinate." We are the boss, he is the subordinate and he will toe the line.
It’s irrelevant who’s the boss or subordinate. Every contract involves two parties and both must mutually agree on the key provisions.

And like I said, it Ultimately comes down to being effective at your job, and the best contractual arrangement is the one that helps you realize that.

It’s got nothing to do with chest pumping...

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote:

You seem to be overlooking the fact that there won’t be a contract if the employee is unwilling to comply with the employer’s terms. The employer always sets the terms and the employee can take it or leave it. Rohr hasn’t done anything compelling enough to warrant his employers being unconditionally accommodating. Besides, where else will an, at best, average journeyman coach like Rohr get the kind of compensation he’s getting from the NFF? Let him walk if he wants. The NFF can get a better coach for their money❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I hope the Nff demans similar conditions from the new FC. :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!