NPLF Players on drugs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
NPLF Players on drugs

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... t-reveals/

Mek we tok dis one o. This is something a lot of CE members will know about. :laugh: They're saying out boys back home are on drugs and can't pass a medical in Europe due to the enhancement drugs they use.

The reason behind why most players from the Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) fail to bag ‎deals when they go for trails abroad has been revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com by an agent who has successfully transferred six players the past two years.

Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com on the condition of anonymity, the agent blame the poor doping culture in Nigeria as part of why most of the players find it hard to cope when they travel for trails abroad.

He lamented the fact that most of them are used to playing with performance enhancing drugs in Nigeria which usually goes undetected due to the lack of proper procedure to curb the menace of drug abuse among Nigerian footballers.

” It’s about time someone voice it out. Drug abuse is one of the bane of NPFL players. That’s the stark truth that many don’t want to admit. Most players in the NPFL use performance enhancing drugs to play then when they go Europe they can’t perform at same level because they can’t use same there”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” While sometimes the weather is a factor, the main one is the issue of drug abuse. We have to sort it out if we want the league to export players abroad. Most of the players will tell you it’s the only way they can keep up with the stress of travelling on bad roads in uncomfortable conditions. It’s sad really “.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPLF Players on drugs

Post by Senator WIRES »

I don't follow naija league but this is pure speculation, :shock: if it's happening; then it cannot be performance enhancing drugs :laugh:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Senator WIRES wrote:I don't follow naija league but this is pure speculation, :shock: if it's happening; then it cannot be performance enhancing drugs :laugh:

Give the boys a break dude. Have u ever tried to hold down a Jon in Nigeria? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't know who is behind that own goal shyte of a news outlet but I think common sense should guide whatever is being put out in other not to tarnish innocent people. There hundreds of Nigerian players plying their trade outside of the country, one would have thought this would be enough to restrain the reporters from going berserk tarnishing the image of Nigerian players.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Senator WIRES wrote:I don't follow naija league but this is pure speculation, :shock: if it's happening; then it cannot be performance enhancing drugs :laugh:
:rotf: Exactly there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that they are doing anything out the ordinary,the drugs can only be recreational or even sleeping pills!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Is there a drug monitoring policy in Nigerian domestic football at all?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
:rotf: Exactly there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that they are doing anything out the ordinary,the drugs can only be recreational or even sleeping pills!
That is bad enough if it is happening.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

What kind of performance enhancing drugs, the article is speculative.. A few players on weed, not all. Even in Europe some players have tested positive for weed.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.