Etebo heading to Laliga(Getafe)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Etebo heading to Laliga(Getafe)

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:For all of those criticizing his move to Stoke, what were his options at the time? IIRC, he joined before the world cup. IS any one privvy to the firm offers that he turned down for the move to Stoke? He is 23, heading back to La Liga, the championship gave him a good amount of exposure. Some people are talking as if his career is over.

why not wait til after the world cup ?

stupid.
Nothing in life is guaranteed, it’s easy in hindsight.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Etebo, Aribo,Onazi(if he regains form) will battle for the other MF position alongside Ndidi fir years to come. However, Ejaria might just beat them all to if he contues his trajectory and picks Nigeria. We're blessed.
Ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. One can only wonder how much more refined Etebo's game would be if he had the opportunity to play under more established coaches. The likes of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ekong improved quite a bit after moving to bigger clubs.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.
You think his move was SE related? I doubt it, he would still start for SE as long as he's better than those guys regardless where he plays. But his team is in relegation and need to get rid of high earners, so I understand the move with an option for Getafe to buy.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.
You think his move was SE related? I doubt it, he would still start for SE as long as he's better than those guys regardless where he plays. But his team is in relegation and need to get rid of high earners, so I understand the move with an option for Getafe to buy.
It’s a career defining move but it’ll improve his chances of being a regular for Nigeria!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
It’s a career defining move but it’ll improve his chances of being a regular for Nigeria!
I agree but nfachair is off base making it about SE it’s stoke that’s trying to reduce their wage bill:

https://app.football-espana.net/?referr ... pana-82533
However, Etebo started just eight league games this campaign and Stoke - struggling in England’s second tier - needed to reduce their wage bill.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Going to Stoke was the dumbest career move he could have made.
I said same thing then and his agent was cursing me out. I wonder how he feels now?
Who is his agent?
You wan start world war III for CEs??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Good morin, Sir! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Interesting press conference.

He said he was supposed to move to watford after Las Palmas got relegated but then stoke approached him with what looked like a good project and they wanted him badly, so he chose stoke city.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Etebo is a good player. I really hope he breaks into the starting 11 at Getafe. This is the kind of move many felt he should have made 2 or 3 years ago
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Exciting.
We haven’t seen the best of this kid. And I’m not sure he’s even found his best position yet.
His engine, his drive and his ability to play so many positions on the field make him a huge asset.
The Stoke experiment didn’t work out. But it looks like he’s pulled the plug after 1.5 seasons so no big loss.
Good luck to the lad.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

GoodLuck
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He came on today in the 69th minute in a Copa Del Rey game against Badalona, a 2nd division team. Getafe surprisingly lost 2-0.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

waka-man wrote:Exciting.
We haven’t seen the best of this kid. And I’m not sure he’s even found his best position yet.
His engine, his drive and his ability to play so many positions on the field make him a huge asset.
The Stoke experiment didn’t work out. But it looks like he’s pulled the plug after 1.5 seasons so no big loss.
Good luck to the lad.

his best position is behind the striker in a Okazaki type role. Helping the defense and attack as needed.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What's happening to Etebo in Spain? He's been left out of the squad for the last 2 league matches and is not registered for the Europa league.
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Not sure what's happening either. I saw him play a match and he was not his usual self - although it should be said that he was playing as a wingback.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:For all of those criticizing his move to Stoke, what were his options at the time? IIRC, he joined before the world cup. IS any one privvy to the firm offers that he turned down for the move to Stoke? He is 23, heading back to La Liga, the championship gave him a good amount of exposure. Some people are talking as if his career is over.

why not wait til after the world cup ?

stupid.
Oh yeah...offers come abegging from everywhere for Nigerian footballers so he can tell them to chill while he takes his pick.... :sneaky:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He's made two substitute appearances as a right wing back in la liga. In both games he replaced Cameroonian international Allan Nyom. I watched one of the games. He kept it simple and did a good job protecting the defense and joined the attack on one or two occasions.
niyi wrote:Not sure what's happening either. I saw him play a match and he was not his usual self - although it should be said that he was playing as a wingback.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I questioned why he went to Stoke in the first place besides money!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Etebo is in the Getafe squad to play Barcelona on Saturday.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

waka-man wrote:Exciting.
Good luck tio the lad.
I agree with you, we saw the best of Etebo under Siasia in both the U23 and SE. The lad needs to go to a club where he would play to his strengths and fulfil his potentials. Unfortunately, his handlers are more interested in money. If this boy can find the right club and coach, he will explode.
I am happy