IBITOYE: Rohr to be back, Could stay in Nigeria, etc......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
IBITOYE: Rohr to be back, Could stay in Nigeria, etc......

Post by Enugu II »

Sure this is from AllNigeriasoccer.com but it cites Brila Fm watched by thousands in Nigeria and has quotes to support the story. Nevertheless conflict and words between the NFF and the coach is not unusual. This is all about negotiating the best contract deal. Well, read on ......
NFF Should Hold On To Rohr As Super Eagles Head Coach Seeks To Qualify Nigeria For World Cup, AFCON
Published: January 06, 2020
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=34878

Recently, Media Officer of the Super Eagles Toyin Ibitoye disclosed in a radio programme that head coach Gernot Rohr will not quit his job and is expected back in Nigeria within the month of January ahead of the draws for the second round of qualifiers to the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

The news was a good one in the sense that it ensures stability in the Nigerian national team albeit certain persons in the Nigeria Football Federation apparently do not want Rohr to continue his job.

The former Burkina Faso and Gabon coach was free to negotiate a new contract with another from January 1 with his contract with the NFF set to end in June and he has stated in the media that he could leave with DR Congo said to be interested in his services..
"Everybody in the NFF appreciates the job being done by Gernot Rohr. The coaches and the players, we are in touch all the time," Ibitoye stated on Brila FM.

"Rohr loves his job that he is doing in the Eagles and the results are showing so why should he leave at this point. There's no true in that report at all.

"Rohr is coming back. The World Cup qualifiers will start in March so we have to be united, focused; ensure that we have no distractions because we have to approach the World Cup qualifiers with all the seriousness that it deserves.

"We expect Rohr to come to back to Nigeria say in two weeks' time all things being equal. He will be meeting with the Nigeria Football Federation and of course you know that in the third week of January the draws for the second round of qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup.

"There are plans for him to be at the draws in Egypt. That's the next agenda and like I said, March is not too far away."

Ibitoye also stressed that relationship between the coach and his employers have improved after media spats between both parties.

"It is in our interest that we should avoid those cracks (Rohr and the NFF media war) because if we don't, there wont much headway.

"We should ensure that there's no third party interference and I like the harmonious and matured way things are going on right now. If the NFF provide him with an accommodation that will be nice and it will cut cost in the interest of the NFF.

Ibitoye also debunked claims that Rohr has no interest in watching the Nigeria Professional Football League and do not wish to make his team one that parade many home based players.

"Rohr has watched a lot of matches in the NPFL. I will personally pick him up from his hotel to the stadiums. We have watched matches in Lagos, Enugu, Jos and many other places," the image maker of the Eagles concluded.

It will be in the best interest of the Nigerian national team and for the chieftains of the NFF not to sack the present coach in the midst of qualifiers for major tournaments as that could affect team chemistry and tactical adaptability should a new coach be employed.

Continuity is key in any sphere of life although admittedly changes are necessary when things go south.

Even if there will be a change of guard, the best bet is to wait until the tickets for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2022 FIFA World Cup are in the bag.

Izuchukwu Okosi
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IBITOYE: Rohr to be back, Could stay in Nigeria, etc....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

People go faint today. Bigporker will need emergency services :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I mean it didn't have to take an Einstein to know that terminating his contract when a very competitive/busy fifa window was just 2 months away would be very idiotic. Some clowns here were even pushing the Amunike agenda forward, like seriously? We just never learn as a people
.. Amunike is a nice bloke and a Nigerian legend at that, but his stint not-so-impressive with Tanzania would have been the ideal writing on the wall that he would be a disaster if appointed to manage the SE with all the egos and administrative wahala, Rohr is not the perfect dream coach for the SE for obvious reasons, but give me stability, honest player selections, and organization over fancy football and all that nonsense..
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I just hope we get stability for once, it’s time Nigerian Football builds, everything else in Nigeria is failing because indecisive,selfish,greedy and unpatriotic individuals who don’t believe in building anything unless they benefit or at least get credit for it at least at cost of everyone else!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

failure ...as i said the SE aint going nowhere with ****
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:failure ...as i said the SE aint going nowhere with ****
Yeah just like the time we missed 3 of the last 5 Afcons!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:I mean it didn't have to take an Einstein to know that terminating his contract when a very competitive/busy fifa window was just 2 months away would be very idiotic. Some clowns here were even pushing the Amunike agenda forward, like seriously? We just never learn as a people
.. Amunike is a nice bloke and a Nigerian legend at that, but his stint not-so-impressive with Tanzania would have been the ideal writing on the wall that he would be a disaster if appointed to manage the SE with all the egos and administrative wahala, Rohr is not the perfect dream coach for the SE for obvious reasons, but give me stability, honest player selections, and organization over fancy football and all that nonsense..
NFF have been known to take daft decisions in the past, I.e. moving a crucial WCQ to humid Kano and losing the advantage to Angola, so people were naturally wary.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Here you go again with your WISHING our team failure. Few days from now, you will deny having said the above.

Son (Bigpokey24), give it a break. I didn't raise you this way
Last edited by Odas on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote:I mean it didn't have to take an Einstein to know that terminating his contract when a very competitive/busy fifa window was just 2 months away would be very idiotic. Some clowns here were even pushing the Amunike agenda forward, like seriously? We just never learn as a people
You bringing up a non issue. Why would they terminate his contract now when he still has six months or so left? The real issue is what happens when his current contract comes to an end and he doesn’t agree to the proposed new terms. That is a matter for the future❗️

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
You bringing up a non issue. Why would they terminate his contract now when he still has six months or so left? The real issue is what happens when his current contract comes to an end and he doesn’t agree to the proposed new terms. That is a matter for the future❗️

Cheers.
True but it seems like they are doing what most professional organisation would do and are trying to sort out a new deal early so to find out if he wants to stay,6 months isn’t too long a time!