Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wanaj0 »

YemiBrazil wrote:By the way, yesterday's display against Newcastle was top notch. It was vintage Sir Alex Ferguson's United performance. However, knowing Ole people are measured in their praise for the team because they raise your hopes one match week & play like village clowns the next. I won't praise this team again until I see 3 away wins in a row! Shikena :mrgreen:
You have a young team. Just get them motivated and do away with those thinking they are doing United a favour!. Give them time to grow.

The Newcastle match should be investigated. Seems like a match that was sold or influenced by gamblers. Newcastle was assisting goals for United!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Haaland joins BVB instead of Man U: an absolute snip at only €20million.

Apparently United's move for the player fell apart after they refused to accept his gent Mino Raoila's demand for a release clause to be added to Haaland's contract and for him to receive a share of his future transfer fee.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... 485431?kop
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United played well against Burnley
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...but not against Arsenal...
marko wrote:United played well against Burnley
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:...but not against Arsenal...
marko wrote:United played well against Burnley
Inconsistency! We are not acting like a big team, the board are cheap skates, the shareholders must be happy though, when they start losing players like Martial, Rashford, then their time will be up
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How and why is Mark Red still employed by the club? He has been at the club for over half a decade and in that time has missed about 50% of the team's games with injury. In any other profession what would happen to an employee that was absent from work 50% of the time?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:How and why is Mark Red still employed by the club? He has been at the club for over half a decade and in that time has missed about 50% of the team's games with injury. In any other profession what would happen to an employee that was absent from work 50% of the time?
who is mark red??? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rojo.

Brain-***
Last edited by Coach on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Goodness me, what has happened to Bennie Mendy? 4 mins in and countless episodes of brain-***.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Wow this is savagery by the Citizens of Manchester!
Pep showing total tactical and physical superiority ova the red side of Manchester.
This could get really UGLY!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

0-3 at the Half!
Could easily ‘ave been FIVE!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sleaky72 wrote:Wow this is savagery by the Citizens of Manchester!
Pep showing total tactical and physical superiority ova the red side of Manchester.
This could get really UGLY!
Benefiting from the consult with Sam, biggest of the Bigs, two banks of four out of possession. United’s centrehalves have no idea what to do with the Rocket-man and Tiny Dancer. One minute De Bruyne’s 9, next a ten, then popping up at 6. All action, King Kev doing everything United thought they’d be getting from their pet white elephant, Igwe Insta. Comical.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Matic on to Okosisi the midfield.

Fernandinho is an absolute Field Marshall, professorial panache in the professional foul. Shades of the great Ricky Carvalho, one of the greatest to ever do it.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Poor game management by City for the past 25. Far too lackadaisical. Rodri, goodness me, slow, ponderous, yet to prove half of the price paid.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Spain used the same tactics i think in 2008 and 2012 playing with a false 9, when i saw united team news on IG, i lost hope, with Jones / Lingard, no hope but more interesting, City team news, i thought OGS would have reacted by altering his formation, it was so apparent that City formation was to ensure a no repeat of the loss against united in the premiership, i will not call it a master stroke, it was just routine for a coach with some many variations to his managerial experience and tactical awareness of the modern game, with no counter attacking football, united is not designed to break down teams, so it was only going to end one way and could have been far worse, other top coaches would have reacted by taking off Lingard after 20-25 minutes and bringing on a spare man in midfield to close the gaps, 2nd half, we played slightly better but the damage was already done and if City needed to switch to another gear, they would have done so

It is just the rot allowed at united that is to blame as usual!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Spain used the same tactics i think in 2008 and 2012 playing with a false 9, when i saw united team news on IG, i lost hope, with Jones / Lingard, no hope but more interesting, City team news, i thought OGS would have reacted by altering his formation, it was so apparent that City formation was to ensure a no repeat of the loss against united in the premiership, i will not call it a master stroke, it was just routine for a coach with some many variations to his managerial experience and tactical awareness of the modern game, with no counter attacking football, united is not designed to break down teams, so it was only going to end one way and could have been far worse, other top coaches would have reacted by taking off Lingard after 20-25 minutes and bringing on a spare man in midfield to close the gaps, 2nd half, we played slightly better but the damage was already done and if City needed to switch to another gear, they would have done so

Normally this kind of defeat should be serving as another wake up call to the board, but a win at Norwich will put them to sleep again.

Those wins vs Spurs and City got many carried away, the board and Ole even started believing the players they have right now are good enough.
A statement from Woodward promising big targets this summer is on the way, just to calm angry fans
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:Spain used the same tactics i think in 2008 and 2012 playing with a false 9, when i saw united team news on IG, i lost hope, with Jones / Lingard, no hope but more interesting, City team news, i thought OGS would have reacted by altering his formation, it was so apparent that City formation was to ensure a no repeat of the loss against united in the premiership, i will not call it a master stroke, it was just routine for a coach with some many variations to his managerial experience and tactical awareness of the modern game, with no counter attacking football, united is not designed to break down teams, so it was only going to end one way and could have been far worse, other top coaches would have reacted by taking off Lingard after 20-25 minutes and bringing on a spare man in midfield to close the gaps, 2nd half, we played slightly better but the damage was already done and if City needed to switch to another gear, they would have done so

Normally this kind of defeat should be serving as another wake up call to the board, but a win at Norwich will put them to sleep again.

Those wins vs Spurs and City got many carried away, the board and Ole even started believing the players they have right now are good enough.
A statement from Woodward promising big targets this summer is on the way, just to calm angry fans
Its like Woodward understands the IQ of the average united fan and of course the PR brigade will be on overdrive to link united to as many as 10 players when the bigger issue is the coaching staff! the incompetence displayed by OGS yesterday was so revealing! instead of wagging his fingers left right and center , he should have reacted after 20 minutes and brought in Matic to close the glaring gaps in midfield, he waited until City had finished the business, then decides to salvage something, not having Mctomminay made things worse, Fred and Perreira do not complement each other, Gomes even provided something better than Lingard

wake up call? not a chance, Woodward will check the bank balance this morning and grin with pleasure! what has the football on the pitch got to do with it? by summer, i do not expect united to finish in the top 8 with OGS in charge, the end of this season will see a mass exodus from united, the likes of Pogba, Chong, Gomes, Lingard, Young, Matic, Mata will leave, Gomes refused to sign a contract, even the likes of Rashford, if he can score between 15-20 goals, he will certainly attract attention from the bigger clubs, that club will be in decline!

Marko
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote: Its like Woodward understands the IQ of the average united fan and of course the PR brigade will be on overdrive to link united to as many as 10 players when the bigger issue is the coaching staff! the incompetence displayed by OGS yesterday was so revealing! instead of wagging his fingers left right and center , he should have reacted after 20 minutes and brought in Matic to close the glaring gaps in midfield, he waited until City had finished the business, then decides to salvage something, not having Mctomminay made things worse, Fred and Perreira do not complement each other, Gomes even provided something better than Lingard

wake up call? not a chance, Woodward will check the bank balance this morning and grin with pleasure! what has the football on the pitch got to do with it? by summer, i do not expect united to finish in the top 8 with OGS in charge, the end of this season will see a mass exodus from united, the likes of Pogba, Chong, Gomes, Lingard, Young, Matic, Mata will leave, Gomes refused to sign a contract, even the likes of Rashford, if he can score between 15-20 goals, he will certainly attract attention from the bigger clubs, that club will be in decline!
You just painted a very grim picture :shock: :shock:. Common snap out of this bad dream.

It'll be damn stupid of United's board to sack Ole, even if they finish 10th this season. They've bowed to fans pressure to demand immediate success from past managers and it hasn't yielded any long term benefit. Or, has it?

I believe in Ole's project, but you don't build a world class team in months, not when the bulk of your players are inexperienced teenagers. It'll be a hit or miss for at least whole of current season, but it's worth the while.
KK
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no one is criticizing that Fred guy, why? Because him be Brazilian?
And the Perraira dude, a damn shame.
Any person wey no football would've seen it as soon as the line up was released that United is gonna be mauled.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Kunle wrote:
marko wrote: Its like Woodward understands the IQ of the average united fan and of course the PR brigade will be on overdrive to link united to as many as 10 players when the bigger issue is the coaching staff! the incompetence displayed by OGS yesterday was so revealing! instead of wagging his fingers left right and center , he should have reacted after 20 minutes and brought in Matic to close the glaring gaps in midfield, he waited until City had finished the business, then decides to salvage something, not having Mctomminay made things worse, Fred and Perreira do not complement each other, Gomes even provided something better than Lingard

You just painted a very grim picture :shock: :shock:. Common snap out of this bad dream.

It'll be damn stupid of United's board to sack Ole, even if they finish 10th this season. They've bowed to fans pressure to demand immediate success from past managers and it hasn't yielded any long term benefit. Or, has it?

I believe in Ole's project, but you don't build a world class team in months, not when the bulk of your players are inexperienced teenagers. It'll be a hit or miss for at least whole of current season, but it's worth the while.
we do not expect a world class team in months, what united fans want to see is a clear pattern of play, they need to see the ability to switch formation if something is clearly not working, right now, united is relying on individual talent, take Pogba out of the picture, it is as grim as it gets, if we had a clear pattern of play, others can slot in easily and do a decent job

OGS is clearly out of his depth, why? if he cannot beat the lesser teams with what we have, there is indeed a problem, excuses should only be about the bigger sides, not teams facing relegation!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...no one is criticizing that Fred guy, why? Because him be Brazilian?
Any person wey no football would've seen it as soon as the line up was released that United is gonna be mauled.
Fred has been united top player in the last 2 months! will not criticize him, as for Perreira, the talent is there, application is poor!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote:...no one is criticizing that Fred guy, why? Because him be Brazilian?
Fred was actually one of the best players for United, he did his best and he kept sliding dangerous passes to Lingard and the rest is history.

What happened is that Pep Guardiola overloaded the midfield, and all Ole did was partner Fred with Perreira.
That combination struggled against Sheffield United, so one has to wonder what a full manager and his assistants expected against a squad like City, and they all sat there till half time.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
Fred was actually one of the best players for United, he did his best and he kept sliding dangerous passes to Lingard and the rest is history.

What happened is that Pep Guardiola overloaded the midfield, and all Ole did was partner Fred with Perreira.
That combination struggled against Sheffield United, so one has to wonder what a full manager and his assistants expected against a squad like City, and they all sat there till half time.
That is exactly my point, even Mourinho would have changed things within 20 minutes! we made City look 10 times better than they actually are, in the 2nd half when Matic came on, they did not get so much joy as they did in the first half, not like they needed to switch gears anyway! our coaching set up is too passive!

Marko