GIST: How Ebere Eze led to Rohr v Pinnick

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
GIST: How Ebere Eze led to Rohr v Pinnick

Post by Enugu II »

Gist
How Ebere Eze Sparked Disagreement Between Rohr And NFF President Pinnick
January 7, 202001
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... t-pinnick/

The cold war between President of the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) Amaju Pinnick and coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr was fueled by a disagreement over inviting QPR midfielder Ebere Eze, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Pinnick is a big fan of the 21 year old and sincerely believe he will bring the much needed creativity and flair that is missing in the Super Eagles if called up by Rohr.

Rohr on the other hand is not so keen on the QPR forward as he believe his present options in midfield are in a way suitable to the present style of play of the team although he made a u-turn and spoke via proxy to the player before the Super Eagles last round of games in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Eze decided to honour a call up to the England U21 ahead of Nigeria which means he will now require a clearance from FIFA before he can play for Nigeria and that infuriated Pinnick who had pushed for him to be called up earlier as it takes a whole lot to get a player cleared by FIFA after playing for England.

The NFF supremo however didn’t give up on the talent and travelled to London where he had dinner with the player and his girlfriend and in the process revealed that Eze is still keen on representing Nigeria.

That didn’t go down well with Rohr who always want things done outside the attention of the media after the failed attempt to lure Tammy Abraham before the World Cup 2018 in Russia. Pinnick is however not on same wavelength with the German coach.

Furthermore speaking with Cyriel Dessers behind the coach and posting his switch of allegiance speech on the official website of the NFF somehow undermines the authority of Rohr who believe he should be the one to speak with Dessers not the President.

Pinnick’s action has placed the coach under pressure to call up the forward who has been in good form for Dutch side Heracles Almelo. Rohr is however not fully convinced that the forward is needed now in the Super Eagles.

The two issues has further dent the frosty relationship the duo have been trying to patch since the end of the World Cup 2018 in Russia where they both disagreed on the reason behind the group stage exit of the Super Eagles.

Ade Emmanuel
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GIST: How Ebere Eze led to Rohr v Pinnick

Post by KingLoku »

The coach seriously is a saboteur, he should invite all prospects cap them all, is best to cap them now than lose them , all these oyinbo them never have our interest at heart anyways . The federation that over see the game in the country says u should invite a player u Dey refuse abi them swear for am ?.if ur employer ask u to do something u go refuse who Dey pay who salary naw ?.
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

KingLoku wrote:The coach seriously is a saboteur, he should invite all prospects cap them all, is best to cap them now than lose them , all these oyinbo them never have our interest at heart anyways . The federation that over see the game in the country says u should invite a player u Dey refuse abi them swear for am ?.if ur employer ask u to do something u go refuse who Dey pay who salary naw ?.
King,

Na you be dis, abi na impostor? Ol'boy, I miss your jabs and yabbis ooo! Abeg, man hope say you done comeback final.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

KingLoku wrote:The coach seriously is a saboteur, he should invite all prospects cap them all, is best to cap them now than lose them , all these oyinbo them never have our interest at heart anyways . The federation that over see the game in the country says u should invite a player u Dey refuse abi them swear for am ?.if ur employer ask u to do something u go refuse who Dey pay who salary naw ?.
wow...ya retirement home finally get wifi? :shock:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Enugu II wrote:
King,

Na you be dis, abi na impostor? Ol'boy, I miss your jabs and yabbis ooo! Abeg, man hope say you done comeback final.
Nde !!!! Ndewoooo Na me Happy new year ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

paj wrote:
Bia Mugu , how far ?.. happy new year to u .. craze man . Them don finally release u from baba rabor aro home . :biggrin:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

KingLoku wrote:
paj wrote:
Bia Mugu , how far ?.. happy new year to u .. craze man . Them don finally release u from baba rabor aro home . :biggrin:
The King is back :rotf:
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Tobi17 wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
paj wrote:
The King is back :rotf:
Happy new year bros !