Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
Kunle wrote:
marko wrote: Its like Woodward understands the IQ of the average united fan and of course the PR brigade will be on overdrive to link united to as many as 10 players when the bigger issue is the coaching staff! the incompetence displayed by OGS yesterday was so revealing! instead of wagging his fingers left right and center , he should have reacted after 20 minutes and brought in Matic to close the glaring gaps in midfield, he waited until City had finished the business, then decides to salvage something, not having Mctomminay made things worse, Fred and Perreira do not complement each other, Gomes even provided something better than Lingard

wake up call? not a chance, Woodward will check the bank balance this morning and grin with pleasure! what has the football on the pitch got to do with it? by summer, i do not expect united to finish in the top 8 with OGS in charge, the end of this season will see a mass exodus from united, the likes of Pogba, Chong, Gomes, Lingard, Young, Matic, Mata will leave, Gomes refused to sign a contract, even the likes of Rashford, if he can score between 15-20 goals, he will certainly attract attention from the bigger clubs, that club will be in decline!
You just painted a very grim picture :shock: :shock:. Common snap out of this bad dream.

It'll be damn stupid of United's board to sack Ole, even if they finish 10th this season. They've bowed to fans pressure to demand immediate success from past managers and it hasn't yielded any long term benefit. Or, has it?

I believe in Ole's project, but you don't build a world class team in months, not when the bulk of your players are inexperienced teenagers. It'll be a hit or miss for at least whole of current season, but it's worth the while.
we do not expect a world class team in months, what united fans want to see is a clear pattern of play, they need to see the ability to switch formation if something is clearly not working, right now, united is relying on individual talent, take Pogba out of the picture, it is as grim as it gets, if we had a clear pattern of play, others can slot in easily and do a decent job

OGS is clearly out of his depth, why? if he cannot beat the lesser teams with what we have, there is indeed a problem, excuses should only be about the bigger sides, not teams facing relegation!
The fact that one can watch Leeds United do beautiful passing triangles from defence against Arsenal at Emirates with lesser talent available to them, and yet we see United struggle to do the same all the time and the result is De Gea hoofing it, that's a sign that the coaching is still a long way to go, as pointed out before United is a team that only enjoys when teams give it space to counter, once that is taken away , its home time.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
Kunle wrote:
marko wrote: Its like Woodward understands the IQ of the average united fan and of course the PR brigade will be on overdrive to link united to as many as 10 players when the bigger issue is the coaching staff! the incompetence displayed by OGS yesterday was so revealing! instead of wagging his fingers left right and center , he should have reacted after 20 minutes and brought in Matic to close the glaring gaps in midfield, he waited until City had finished the business, then decides to salvage something, not having Mctomminay made things worse, Fred and Perreira do not complement each other, Gomes even provided something better than Lingard

wake up call? not a chance, Woodward will check the bank balance this morning and grin with pleasure! what has the football on the pitch got to do with it? by summer, i do not expect united to finish in the top 8 with OGS in charge, the end of this season will see a mass exodus from united, the likes of Pogba, Chong, Gomes, Lingard, Young, Matic, Mata will leave, Gomes refused to sign a contract, even the likes of Rashford, if he can score between 15-20 goals, he will certainly attract attention from the bigger clubs, that club will be in decline!
You just painted a very grim picture :shock: :shock:. Common snap out of this bad dream.

It'll be damn stupid of United's board to sack Ole, even if they finish 10th this season. They've bowed to fans pressure to demand immediate success from past managers and it hasn't yielded any long term benefit. Or, has it?

I believe in Ole's project, but you don't build a world class team in months, not when the bulk of your players are inexperienced teenagers. It'll be a hit or miss for at least whole of current season, but it's worth the while.
we do not expect a world class team in months, what united fans want to see is a clear pattern of play, they need to see the ability to switch formation if something is clearly not working, right now, united is relying on individual talent, take Pogba out of the picture, it is as grim as it gets, if we had a clear pattern of play, others can slot in easily and do a decent job

OGS is clearly out of his depth, why? if he cannot beat the lesser teams with what we have, there is indeed a problem, excuses should only be about the bigger sides, not teams facing relegation!
The fact that one can watch Leeds United do beautiful passing triangles from defence against Arsenal at Emirates with lesser talent available to them, and yet we see United struggle to do the same all the time and the result is De Gea hoofing it, that's a sign that the coaching is still a long way to go, as pointed out before United is a team that only enjoys when teams give it space to counter, once that is taken away , its home time.
That is my point! nothing to do with squad depletion, our football is atrocious! defend deep against us, we are totally screwed, that is down to coaching or lack of coaching! real Madrid sacks coaches routinely, you have to play a certain brand of football, they will not settle for mediocrity! United have lowered the standards rather than demand from OGS he provides good football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Updated injury list:

Martial
Pogba
McTominay
Maguire - out for months with hip injury
Mark Red (so what is new?)
Tuanzebe
Luke Shaw
Dalot (see Mark Red above)
Bailly
Fosu-Mensah

As usual 70% of the injured players are defenders. Jones and Lindelof are the only fit CDs. Why so many injuries to defenders? Do they train with swords or something?!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Come on Marko. You are not new to this forum...
marko wrote:
who is mark red??? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

What's going on with Marcos Rojo, haven't heard from the guy in a minute.
I know Bailly had some long term injury
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wiseone wrote:Come on Marko. You are not new to this forum...
marko wrote:
Let me help him. Look for the colour red in spanish.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cristao II wrote:
marko wrote:
swear cant keep up with aliases :taunt: :taunt: pls use their real names
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cristao II wrote:
marko wrote:
Uncle Christopher, me sef wan join the fun. Can you help me with English versions of names like Tuanzebe, Solskjaer, Pogba, wan Bissaka, Pochettino, Dele Ali, Ndidi, Kante, Rudiger, Tomori etc?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Depends very much on the stadium and local dialect. By and large, the last four are addressed by same nomenclature and Dele, half-n-half.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
marko wrote:
Uncle Christopher, me sef wan join the fun. Can you help me with English versions of names like Tuanzebe, Solskjaer, Pogba, wan Bissaka, Pochettino, Dele Ali, Ndidi, Kante, Rudiger, Tomori etc?
Berra ask wiseone o - He speaks in tongues - I just interpret...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Any legs in the Bruno Fernandes rumours
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cristao II wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
marko wrote:
Berra ask wiseone o - He speaks in tongues - I just interpret...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:Any legs in the Bruno Fernandes rumours
You mean Bruce Ferdinand from Portugal? I hope we get him which they should have done during the summer window. Yeye people with their clueless scapegoat Solksjaer :curse:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:Any legs in the Bruno Fernandes rumours
You mean Bruce Ferdinand from Portugal? I hope we get him which they should have done during the summer window. Yeye people with their clueless scapegoat Solksjaer :curse:
Exactly, a sign of the bumbling going on at the top in that club.

Get Maguire a season after Mourinho asked for him and they refused.
Now going for Fernandes when they should have done with it in the summer.
And apparently they are begging Ashley Young
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

E be like say na me dey support Manure pass dam fairweather fans

Why dem na? :evil:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cchinukw wrote:E be like say na me dey support Manure pass dam fairweather fans

We are not sure whats around the corner, these boys can produce the opposite thing next game.
We still await that 5 game winning streak that can be a sign of things improving :biggrin:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

benteke wrote:

We are not sure whats around the corner, these boys can produce the opposite thing next game.
We still await that 5 game winning streak that can be a sign of things improving :biggrin:
Support ya team no matter what. Tufiakwa :sneaky:

Anyway - congratulovia. Burnley nor easy.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cchinukw wrote:
benteke wrote:

Support ya team no matter what. Tufiakwa :sneaky:

Anyway - congratulovia. Burnley nor easy.
:laugh:
I don't want to say it's only Norwich, but anyway a win is a win
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I actually did translate some other names into English a while ago. Had to abort the project when some unfortunate translations popped up: ...

"Sebastian The Pig Mounter" (Bastian Schweinsteiger)
"Johnny Kill" (Juan Mata)
"Vincent of the Forest" (Vicente del Bosque)

YemiBrazil wrote: Uncle Christopher, me sef wan join the fun. Can you help me with English versions of names like Tuanzebe, Solskjaer, Pogba, wan Bissaka, Pochettino, Dele Ali, Ndidi, Kante, Rudiger, Tomori etc?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford will have his best scoring record till date this season

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ashley young will leave united after almost 9 years! no matter what we say or think about him, he has been a model professional and looked after himself, think he is 33 or 34, will not be surprised if he goes and win things with Inter Milan, best of luck :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marko
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Not a good start by all means :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC