OSIMHEN: On Amuneke's influence........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OSIMHEN: On Amuneke's influence........

Post by Enugu II »

Sometimes appreciating what our local coaches do in improving players is necessary. Locally, we have the likes of Abdu Maikaba, Kennedy Boboye, and Gbenga Ogunbote annually improve each team that they have worked with and yet we fail to acknowledge their work.
https://t.co/AQUw3w07zq (https://twitte ... 82465?s=09

"That time at the U17 camp, I felt the coach didn’t like me. Everytime, he would yell at me on the pitch.

"But I'm happy with what I went through under coach Amuneke. Whatever I've achieved, he really set my path, he made me understand life isn’t all about talent."
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSIMHEN: On Amuneke's influence........

Post by green4life »

So the secret sauce is just to yell up and down at a player and he will suddenly transform into a world class talent abi? Just joking :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

green4life wrote:So the secret sauce is just to yell up and down at a player and he will suddenly transform into a world class talent abi? Just joking :lol:
While he has not divulged tactical or technical stuff that he learned from Amuneke, the directives at the player certainly are critical for the player's growth. For him to single out Amuneke in the midst of his other Nigerian and European coaches must mean a lot, I suppose.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Most of our local/grassroots coaches are beyond useless so it's important to appreciate the few good ones.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Enugu II wrote:
green4life wrote:So the secret sauce is just to yell up and down at a player and he will suddenly transform into a world class talent abi? Just joking :lol:
While he has not divulged tactical or technical stuff that he learned from Amuneke, the directives at the player certainly are critical for the player's growth. For him to single out Amuneke in the midst of his other Nigerian and European coaches must mean a lot, I suppose.
I think he was speaking about talents vs humility.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have good grassroot coaches. The problem is transitioning from youth football to semi pro. Dont have a competitive league and also we have age grade fraud and greedy agents.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I did report on it last week.. Here:
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.