NFF, nigerian journalist didn't vote oshoala

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF, nigerian journalist didn't vote oshoala

Post by john12 »

when samuel etoo said this, I thought he was just talking but look at a show of shame. your own journalist, federation failed to vote for you. even perpetual that's congratulatulating you didn't vote for you. they voted for strangers
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

john12 wrote:when samuel etoo said this, I thought he was just talking but look at a show of shame. your own journalist, federation failed to vote for you. even perpetual that's congratulatulating you didn't vote for you. they voted for strangers
So you didn't want them to vote their conscience? What if they didn't think she was the best player? If everyone voted for players from his or her country, would Oshola have won? It's the daily trust reporter that is evil.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:when samuel etoo said this, I thought he was just talking but look at a show of shame. your own journalist, federation failed to vote for you. even perpetual that's congratulatulating you didn't vote for you. they voted for strangers
So you didn't want them to vote their conscience? What if they didn't think she was the best player? If everyone voted for players from his or her country, would Oshola have won? It's the daily trust reporter that is evil.
Someone brought this up wih me at work today and I told him exactly the same thing.
Didn't even realise there was a thread on the matter here on CE.

Even if there were ulterior motives for Nigerians not voting her (as he alluded), the point is that everyone has to be free to vote for whoever they want.
Must I vote for her even if I feel there is someone better or more deserving?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

It depends..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Osasu is a ffiend of mine and he has been collecting so much heat for this. Oshoala has even blocked him on twitter. :???:

I think it was very immature from Oshoala. Every one is entitled to their opinion and Osasu and others only voted for the person they felt was the best.
YNWA
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

heavyd wrote:Osasu is a ffiend of mine and he has been collecting so much heat for this. Oshoala has even blocked him on twitter. :???:

I think it was very immature from Oshoala. Every one is entitled to their opinion and Osasu and others only voted for the person they felt was the best.
She blocked him, excellent!!!!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

heavyd wrote:Osasu is a ffiend of mine and he has been collecting so much heat for this. Oshoala has even blocked him on twitter. :???:

That's her prerogative. But when they block her or don't invite her for crucial tournaments based on personal feelings and not her performance, she should equally accept it.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:

She blocked him, excellent!!!!
:clap: :clap:
I am happy
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

1. The Falcons goalkeeper heroics was the reason they qualified for the world cup, and got to and won the African Women Cup.
So it should be the goalkeeper not Oshoala who should be vying for the women's title.

2. The other two non-naija players were better than Oshoala at both the world cup and the African cup tournaments, therefore those other two players deserve the women's title not Oshoala.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I am actually offended and disgusted by what some of what you guys are posting in regards to this case. Dr. you disappointed me on this. lets be clear, even if oshosha was the least winnable player on that list, the mere fact that her country men were supposed to vote should guarantee her those votes. if you're working as a journalist, agent for NFF, and is affiliated with SE, it is an "unspoken rule" that you must vote for your countryman when competing against outsiders. Anything contrary, you're a "Sell out" and could even be relieved of your role. it's very distasteful to oshoola! In certain part of the world, what these people did is enough for her to tender her retirement. There's a famous saying on this site which states "Negros always think they should play fair" that just summarize this article
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

john12 wrote:I am actually offended and disgusted by what some of what you guys are posting in regards to this case. Dr. you disappointed me on this. lets be clear, even if oshosha was the least winnable player on that list, the mere fact that her country men were supposed to vote should guarantee her those votes. if you're working as a journalist, agent for NFF, and is affiliated with SE, it is an "unspoken rule" that you must vote for your countryman when competing against outsiders. Anything contrary, you're a "Sell out" and could even be relieved of your role. it's very distasteful to oshoola! In certain part of the world, what these people did is enough for her to tender her retirement. There's a famous saying on this site which states "Negros always think they should play fair" that just summarize this article

There were 2 other Nigerian players on the list besides Oshoala. Most people think chiamaka was more deserving Nigerian player this year than her. Are you saying if they voted for the other Nigerians instead, that they did something wrong? Daily trust were being mischievous or they would have listed who they actually voted for. For her to have won, other countries officials voted for her. Are you equally upset that those officials didnt vote for their country player?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:I am actually offended and disgusted by what some of what you guys are posting in regards to this case. Dr. you disappointed me on this. lets be clear, even if oshosha was the least winnable player on that list, the mere fact that her country men were supposed to vote should guarantee her those votes. if you're working as a journalist, agent for NFF, and is affiliated with SE, it is an "unspoken rule" that you must vote for your countryman when competing against outsiders. Anything contrary, you're a "Sell out" and could even be relieved of your role. it's very distasteful to oshoola! In certain part of the world, what these people did is enough for her to tender her retirement. There's a famous saying on this site which states "Negros always think they should play fair" that just summarize this article

There were 2 other Nigerian players on the list besides Oshoala. Most people think chiamaka was more deserving Nigerian player this year than her. Are you saying if they voted for the other Nigerians instead, that they did something wrong? Daily trust were being mischievous or they would have listed who they actually voted for. For her to have won, other countries officials voted for her. Are you equally upset that those officials didnt vote for their country player?
their country women weren't listed....so it matters not....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It seems there's a vendetta against her, for all 5 of them not to vote for her.
I am happy
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Dammy wrote:It seems there's a vendetta against her, for all 5 of them not to vote for her.
:laugh: She didn't give them chop money :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

She is entitled to blovk whoever she wants. twitter is a personal space
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Akure4Life wrote:

Very true. :laugh:

Other Nigerians didnt vote her as Number 1 too o...
Not sure if she blocked them too...
YNWA
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

heavyd wrote:
Akure4Life wrote:

Very true. :laugh:

Other Nigerians didnt vote her as Number 1 too o...
Not sure if she blocked them too...
She blocked him way before the votes came out. He's apparently a well-known twitter troll.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Oshoala blocked Osasu 2 years ago. So na bad belle dey worry Osasu. Also how did Perpetua vote Oshoala as the 5th best? No matter how you twist it, there is no way Oshoala was number 5 in Africa women footie.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Just like I thought, Daily Trust were being mischievous.

Every Nigerian that voted did give her some points, except Ahmed Usuf who either did not vote for anyone or did not get his votes registered.

Here is how they voted.

https://images.cafonline.com/image/uplo ... rbkhr7.pdf
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

lacidi wrote:Oshoala blocked Osasu 2 years ago. So na bad belle dey worry Osasu. Also how did Perpetua vote Oshoala as the 5th best? No matter how you twist it, there is no way Oshoala was number 5 in Africa women footie.
Yes, she is that far behind.
Wake up to current women football.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The issue for the Naija voters is that she won the award without their votes.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Oguleftie wrote:1. The Falcons goalkeeper heroics was the reason they qualified for the world cup, and got to and won the African Women Cup.
So it should be the goalkeeper not Oshoala who should be vying for the women's title.

2. The other two non-naija players were better than Oshoala at both the world cup and the African cup tournaments, therefore those other two players deserve the women's title not Oshoala.
Fa fa foul!! You can no longer judge with the AWCON as it took place in 2018 not 2019 which is year under consideration. So your 1st point is pure BS. This year Kgatlana has been very poor. As for the Camerounian, if it was just about the World Cup i will say yes but we are talking about a calender year where Asisat is the 2nd highest scorer currently in La liga and in the year in questing scored close to 20 goals for Barcelona including their 1st ever goal in the Champions League Final . Bro give it a rest, Asisat is moce than deserving in 2019.