Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: BARCELONA SACK VALVERDE
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 7628
Valverde Out - Pochettino In

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/13/barcelona-ernesto-valverde-sack-mauricio-pochettino-12050834/

Barcelona’s board have reportedly decided to sack Ernesto Valverde after a meeting on Monday, with axed Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino the frontrunner to replace him. The 55-year-old coach has been under increasing pressure after losing the Spanish Super Cup semi-final against Atletico Madrid, as well as falling out with some of the squad – notably Arturo Vidal. Valverde took training on Monday and spoke with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu afterwards to discuss the situation and whether he should continue in the role before Bartomeu met with the rest of the board.


Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/13/barcelon ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33832
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Finally.

Had been monitoring the situation up to late afternoon UK time.

Can't wait for Mauricio Pochettino to be appointed as new coach.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30817
Quique Setien

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33832
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
txj wrote:
Quique Setien

Damn! The Poch overlooked again?

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 26772
Location: Copacabana
cchinukw wrote:
Finally.

Had been monitoring the situation up to late afternoon UK time.

Can't wait for Mauricio Pochettino to be appointed as new coach.

Make dem no try am o. Poch is enjoying a deserved break and heads to Old Trafford as Boss at the end of the season.

_________________
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 26772
Location: Copacabana
cchinukw wrote:
txj wrote:
Quique Setien

Damn! The Poch overlooked again?

Yes the Real Betis guy is the favorite.

_________________
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:57 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6113
When has Barcelona last appointed a coach with a profile as big as Poch?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37790
kalani JR wrote:
When has Barcelona last appointed a coach with a profile as big as Poch?

Poch will never coach Barca or Arsenal because of rivalry.He is likely going to Manu.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 7628
txj wrote:
Quique Setien


Confirmed: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... o-valverde

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62172
cchinukw wrote:
Damn! The Poch overlooked again?

I suspect Poch is only rated in England.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15318
:D

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am
Posts: 1874
https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona/s ... of-success

Classless!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 27019
Location: london
at least they are showing ambition and not mediocrity, man united, please take note!

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30817
cic old boy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Damn! The Poch overlooked again?

I suspect Poch is only rated in England.


Espanyol vs Barca

He cannot be hired by Barcelona b/c of his espanyol roots.

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33832
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
txj wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Damn! The Poch overlooked again?

I suspect Poch is only rated in England.


Espanyol vs Barca

He cannot be hired by Barcelona b/c of his espanyol roots.

But they are both Catalan. No?

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6113
cchinukw wrote:
txj wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Damn! The Poch overlooked again?

I suspect Poch is only rated in England.


Espanyol vs Barca

He cannot be hired by Barcelona b/c of his espanyol roots.

But they are both Catalan. No?


He's Argentine and coached and played for Espanyol, not even his hometown connection with Messi will bring him to FC Barcelona. Now PSG and Man United, those are jobs he might consider.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62172
txj wrote:

Espanyol vs Barca

He cannot be hired by Barcelona b/c of his espanyol roots.

He was considered. They won't have considered him if the Espanyol connections were prohibitive. Borinho said he would never coach Spurs. Poch would grab the job with both arms if it was offered, despite his claims. It's not like Pep going to Madrid.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62172
kalani JR wrote:

He's Argentine and coached and played for Espanyol, not even his hometown connection with Messi will bring him to FC Barcelona. Now PSG and Man United, those are jobs he might consider.

What coaches say and what they do are not always in sync.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15479
Poch has said a number of times he'll never manage Barcelona.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2020
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
The YeyeMan wrote:
Poch has said a number of times he'll never manage Barcelona.

I really don't understand why people keep considering Poch as an option when he HIMSELF is on record as saying he'll never manage Barcelona because of his love and affiliation to his previous clubs

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15318
Sleaky72 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona/story/4032831/the-way-barca-dismissed-valverde-is-indefensible-and-setiens-cruyffian-ideals-are-no-guarantee-of-success

Classless!!!


You are having your panties in a bunch again because another of your Spanish husbands has lost his job. Havent you no shame at all?


It is Valverde who is classless!

It is classless for any coach to make Barcelona to play like Stoke
It is classless for any coach to lead by 4-1 and go to Roma and lose
It is classless for any coach to lead by 3-0 and go to Liverpool and lose
It is classless for any coach to frustrate the life out of Dembele and Malcom
It is classless for any coach to play multiple defensive midfielders in a Barcelona midfield.

Valverde is a classless coach and a classless human being for forcing us to watch that nonsense he calls football. Nonsense!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42763
Location: Pennsylvania
danfo driver wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona/story/4032831/the-way-barca-dismissed-valverde-is-indefensible-and-setiens-cruyffian-ideals-are-no-guarantee-of-success

Classless!!!


You are having your panties in a bunch again because another of your Spanish husbands has lost his job. Havent you no shame at all?


It is Valverde who is classless!

It is classless for any coach to make Barcelona to play like Stoke
It is classless for any coach to lead by 4-1 and go to Roma and lose
It is classless for any coach to lead by 3-0 and go to Liverpool and lose
It is classless for any coach to frustrate the life out of Dembele and Malcom
It is classless for any coach to play multiple defensive midfielders in a Barcelona midfield.

Valverde is a classless coach and a classless human being for forcing us to watch that nonsense he calls football. Nonsense!


oh well ... dayuuum! :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15318
Employing a serious coach is one of the most important thing any club can do. I cannot stress it more!


_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group