Moses Simon Rejects Leeds Utd Move.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Moses Simon Rejects Leeds Utd Move.......

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive – Moses Simon Shuns Chance To Make January Transfer To Leeds United
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... ds-united/
January 14, 2020010

Nigeria international and Nantes wing forward Moses Simon has turned down the chance to move to English Championship side Leeds United in the ongoing January transfer window, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Simon has been in fine form for Nantes since moving to the Ligue 1 side on loan from Spanish Laliga side Levante in the summer. So far he has four goals and five assists in the league.

He recently won the goal of the first half of the season for the club with his solo effort in the 8-1 thrashing of Paris FC in a cup game where he scored a hattrick earning him the award ahead of three others.

The 24 year old was approached by contacts of the English Championship team but he turned it down insisting on waiting till the end of the season before making a decision on his next decision. It’s almost certain that he will leave Levante in the summer.

Nantes have already made it known that they will triggering the option of signing Simon permanently in the summer when his loan deal expires but it appears he would be sold off immediately by the club.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Moses Simon Rejects Leeds Utd Move.......

Post by ohenhen1 »

Bad move, I think Leeds might be in the EPL next season.

They play good football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Let me get this straight...
Its a bad move on his part, to continue his stay at a Ligue 1 club that is currently in 4th place and has a very good chance of making the Champions League, BUT instead, move to an English Championship team that has no gurantee of making it to the Premiership?
Baffling logic on your par!
ohenhen1 wrote:Bad move, I think Leeds might be in the EPL next season.

They play good football.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Otitokoro wrote:Let me get this straight...
Its a bad move on his part, to continue his stay at a Ligue 1 club that is currently in 4th place and has a very good chance of making the Champions League, BUT instead, move to an English Championship team that has no gurantee of making it to the Premiership?
Baffling logic on your par!

They play good football.
You need to research this further..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Good on him he is too good for the championship
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

They play good football.

He MIGHT also be in the CL next season instead of in a relegation battle with leeds.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Fabu
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Fabu
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote:Fabu

Why do u even bother to come here? Never seen a positive contribution from you, just kenke induced ramblings one after the other. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
LeonPhelps
Egg
Egg

Post by LeonPhelps »

Flex Swift wrote:Good on him he is too good for the championship
Leeds about to come back to the EPL next season.
"In Japan a corrupt person kills himself. In China, they kill him. In Europe and America they jail him. In Africa, he will present himself for election." - Prof. PLO Lumumba
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Leeds have a good manager and good history. Playing in the EPL is better than playing in Ligue one.

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

LeonPhelps wrote:
Let them win promotion first then he can re-visit their offer but for now he is playing at a much higher level
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Once they gain promotion and get the EPL money. They may no longer be interested in him.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Etebo and Stoke on my mind as I read this.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure whether Leeds would be a good choice.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Not sure whether Leeds would be a good choice.
Actually, it might actually be a good choice in the long run, though I'd advise Simon holds off until they actually secure promotion.
Leeds IMHO are pretty guaranteed promotion and they won't be making the mistakes of last season.

They are a BIG club and I suspect once they re-arrive in the EPL they won't be leaving any time soon.
They have a young exciting squad and as we saw last week v Arsenal, they are quite capable of matching a top half EPL team whilst playing their own brand of possession football.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Not sure whether Leeds would be a good choice.
Actually, it might actually be a good choice in the long run, though I'd advise Simon holds off until they actually secure promotion.
Leeds IMHO are pretty guaranteed promotion and they won't be making the mistakes of last season.

They are a BIG club and I suspect once they re-arrive in the EPL they won't be leaving any time soon.
They have a young exciting squad and as we saw last week v Arsenal, they are quite capable of matching a top half EPL team whilst playing their own brand of possession football.
rubbish, throwing the word big left and right.... N.Forest are also a big club :roll: what a clueless statement
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:Etebo and Stoke on my mind as I read this.

Vastly different scenarios.

Simon, if the story is credible, has a chance to join a club, one of the greats of the English game, on the cusp of a revival, with backing from Arab money. Plus they have one of the great thinkers in the game as a coach.

Its a choice between the potential for long term benefits and holding to what one has...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Flex Swift wrote:
LeonPhelps wrote:
Let them win promotion first then he can re-visit their offer but for now he is playing at a much higher level
If u were the owner of Leeds, would you come back to sign him on gaining promotion?

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They play good football.
Nothing that you implied is certain, Levante are a La liga side in a European qualifying position,Moses is playing well there and if he rejects a call from Leeds it probably means he’s happy where he is or maybe he has had better offers so.........?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:

Simon, if the story is credible, has a chance to join a club, one of the greats of the English game, on the cusp of a revival, with backing from Arab money. Plus they have one of the great thinkers in the game as a coach.

Its a choice between the potential for long term benefits and holding to what one has...
Txj,

There are important similarities and one HUGE one is the Championship Division. That is where the scenario is starkly similar.

Well, it was the same coach last season and the team failed at the last moments. I do not question his pedigree, as a matter of fact I have respected him over the years but that has nothing to do with anything IMHO as per Simon's decision. Let's hope it is different for Bielsa and Leeds this time around. The history of the club matters little. There are other English clubs with great history languishing outside the Premier League at the moment.

The fact of the matter is that it is a gamble. Leeds could make it back to the elite level and it would be great if the lad had joined them in the process. They could also fail and many will raise the same issues that were raised as per Etebo.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Txj,

There are important similarities and one HUGE one is the Championship Division. That is where the scenario is starkly similar.

Well, it was the same coach last season and the team failed at the last moments. I do not question his pedigree, as a matter of fact I have respected him over the years but that has nothing to do with anything IMHO as per Simon's decision. Let's hope it is different for Bielsa and Leeds this time around. The history of the club matters little. There are other English clubs with great history languishing outside the Premier League at the moment.

The fact of the matter is that it is a gamble. Leeds could make it back to the elite level and it would be great if the lad had joined them in the process. They could also fail and many will raise the same issues that were raised as per Etebo.
Comon dude! Of course we know both clubs are in the championship; why state the obvious? :biggrin:

Anyways, you are right there are similar historically great clubs languishing, but the differentiating factor that I cited is the planned infusion of new money by the owners of PSG. That is certainly a game changer; no?

Most of life's endeavors involves a gamble...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:

Txj,

Comon dude! Of course we know both clubs are in the championship; why state the obvious? :biggrin:

Anyways, you are right there are similar historically great clubs languishing, but the differentiating factor that I cited is the planned infusion of new money by the owners of PSG. That is certainly a game changer; no?

Most of life's endeavors involves a gamble...
Txj,

I do not dispute money being a game changer or even Bielsa's capability. Not at all.

My point is simple -- that there is a key similarity between the two. You note that the similarity is obvious and that is just the point. Nothing else to add really.