NPFL Season 2019/2020: Matches, News and Developments

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: NPFL Season 2019/2020: Matchday 5 Sunday 24 Nov-2019

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
The Eagle wrote:Akwa United hosting the aforementioned Dakkada FC a few days ago .....

[/video]
I heard it was an exciting derby with the seniors winning.
The highlights point to a good game.

The jersey colours were reversed, Akwa United usually wear orange and I initially thought they were the team that conceded the goal until I saw the scores.

The attendance was rather poor for a local derby, particularly with the good form of Dakkada.

The Uyo pitch didn’t look to be in the best of shapes.
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: NPFL Season 2019/2020: Matches, News and Developments

Post by ukwala »

Matchday 11 29 December 2019

IFEANYI UBAH VS HEARTLAND
WARRI WOLVES VS KWARA
ABIA WAARIORS VS PLATEAU UNITED
KATSINA VS JIGAWA
AKWA UTD VS LOBI STARS
SUNSHINE STARS VS DAKKADA
ADAMAWA VS RIVERS UTD

POSTPONED
MFM VS NASARAWA
RANGERS VS KANO PILLARS ( CAF CC)
ENYIMBA VS WIKKI (CAF CC)
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

FULL-TIME SCORES

FC Ifeanyiubah 1-0 Heartland
Wolves 2-1 Kwara Utd
Abia Warriors 3-0 Plateau Utd
Katsina Utd 3-2 Jigawa GS
Akwa Utd 1-0 Lobi
Sunshine Stars 1-1 Dakkada
Adamawa Utd 0-2 Rivers Utd
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

League table after 12 rounds Not looking good for my beloved Enugu Rangers (7 points from safety with 3 games in hand) but there is still time to turn things around. The upturn has to start immediately though as time is running out.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:League table after 12 rounds Not looking good for my beloved Enugu Rangers (7 points from safety with 3 games in hand) but there is still time to turn things around. The upturn has to start immediately though as time is running out.
ukwala,

I feel Rangers will finish about three places above relegation. This is just a prediction by looking at away records of all league teams. What Rangers need to work on is reducing the amount of points that they drop at home. If they do that, then they will be safe going forward.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ukwala wrote:League table after 12 rounds Not looking good for my beloved Enugu Rangers (7 points from safety with 3 games in hand) but there is still time to turn things around. The upturn has to start immediately though as time is running out.
why is Lobi 2nd with 21 pts ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
They have a good coach, good players, and are joint 2nd highest on points but with a better goal difference.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala,

I feel Rangers will finish about three places above relegation. This is just a prediction by looking at away records of all league teams. What Rangers need to work on is reducing the amount of points that they drop at home. If they do that, then they will be safe going forward.
EII, yea Rangers should be safe but they have to iron out things pretty quickly. For one, the coaching situation remains unsorted as Salisu Yusuf is but on loan from NFF for the CAF Confed cup. They need a substantive coach with a longer term view.

Two, it would appear that the players who left at the end of last season were not adequately replaced. Bright Silas and Godwin Aguda come to mind.

Let’s see how quickly the team is able to return to winning ways
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
They also have a match in hand going by that table, which means their point per game ratio is better than Rivers Utd's points per game. In addition, Lobi Stars FC has a better goal difference.

The big error on that table, however, is the listing of Akure Sunshine Stars ahead of Wikki Tourists. It should be the other way round.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ukwala,

EII, yea Rangers should be safe but they have to iron out things pretty quickly. For one, the coaching situation remains unsorted as Salisu Yusuf is but on loan from NFF for the CAF Confed cup. They need a substantive coach with a longer term view.

Two, it would appear that the players who left at the end of last season were not adequately replaced. Bright Silas and Godwin Aguda come to mind.

Ukwala,

There was a report before their continental #1 game that several regulars were out injured. Are they now fit?
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ukwala,

Ukwala,

There was a report before their continental #1 game that several regulars were out injured. Are they now fit?
EII,

While we have had our fair share of injuries with key players being out for exended periods of time, I would not attribute the poor season so far to the injuries as a critical mass of players have always been available to choose from. The issue has more to do with the quality of the squad which was probably accurately reflected in the paucity of players in the CHAN squad. This is not to say that the players are not good enugh to do well in the league. Coaching seems to be the major challenge now.

We have a matchday 13 game against Ifeanyi Ubah today in Enugu. Hopefully the come back starts today.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Comrade Toxic and Bashorun YemiB, this is for you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
They also have a match in hand going by that table, which means their point per game ratio is better than Rivers Utd's points per game. In addition, Lobi Stars FC has a better goal difference.

The big error on that table, however, is the listing of Akure Sunshine Stars ahead of Wikki Tourists. It should be the other way round.
EII,

Sunshine has a higher goals for (14 vs 11). They are level on points and goal difference so the table is correct.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Rangers Demote Eight Players Ahead NPFL Matchday 13 Clash With Visiting FC Lfeanyiuba
The management of Rangers International FC of Enugu has sent eight attackers in the main team to Team B and resolved to source for quality attackers to beef up the squad in a bid to stop the not-too-impressive run in the ongoing season.

The technical crew and management announced the decision after an emergency meeting at the club’s camp in Enugu, stressing that it was part of the ‘Performance Based’ agreement signed by both parties.

Also, all attackers in the team have been placed on 40 percent less of their monthly salary until they improve on their scoring ability.
https://dailysportsng.com/news/17695
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rangers won at home today, 3-1 over Ifeanyi Ubah FC.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:Rangers won at home today, 3-1 over Ifeanyi Ubah FC.
Yes, a good matchday for us overall. All the other teams in the relegation zone lost.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

We are still bottom but the outlook is much better. Now 4 points from safety with 3 games in hand, 2 of which are at home.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

ukwala wrote:Comrade Toxic and Bashorun YemiB, this is for you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Comrade Ukwala: I know that the market was good for you yesterday....So, I will pass on this one today :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Enjoy the moment :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote:
ukwala wrote:Comrade Toxic and Bashorun YemiB, this is for you :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Comrade Ukwala: I know that the market was good for you yesterday....So, I will pass on this one today :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Enjoy the moment :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Comrade Toxic, thank you for being considerate :tic: . What the brother 'DeKola said should be the position of all @Official3SC supporters sha :taunt:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyimba close to the relegation zone
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Enyimba close to the relegation zone
Traditionally strong teams Rangers, Enyimba and Kano Pillars not doing too well.

Rangers are on the upward trajectory having won two games consecutively (home and away) and are now 5 points from safety with 4 games in hand.

At the end of the day, all three teams should be sitting comfortably in the top half of the table.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Come on Heartland, you are only 6 points from the summit. Go on and get it.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."