Keano on Lamps

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Keano on Lamps

Post by cic old boy »

I predicted that Lamps will be sacked b/4 Christmas and he went a fluked a few wins to prove me wrong.
Roy Keane has dig at Frank Lampard as he calls for Solskjaer to be given more time

Photo of Gavin Brown by Gavin Brown
Published January 19, 2020

FORMER Manchester United captain Roy Keane leapt to the defence of Old Trafford manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following yesterday’s loss at Liverpool.

Fifth-placed United trail the runaway Premier League leaders by an astonishing 30 points after the 2-0 Anfield defeat, increasing the pressure on Solskjaer.

But, speaking as a pundit on Sky Sports, Keane (pictured above) insisted his former team-mate should be given more time, claiming the Norwegian is judged differently to other managers, such as fourth-placed Chelsea boss Frank Lampard. ‘We question that Ole is not up to it and look at his CV, yet other managers at other clubs are given the benefit of the doubt. Give the man a chance,’ Keane said.

‘Frank Lampard is at Chelsea and I saw Chelsea last night. He has a decent team and couldn’t get the job done. Frank Lampard has lost eight games yet for some reason he’s doing all right. Maybe it’s because he’s English, I don’t know.

‘Look at Frank’s CV. He was at Derby and didn’t get promoted and yet he’s got all the answers at Chelsea. He hasn’t.
Give Ole time. It’s the same with the previous managers. I would’ve given David Moyes more than eight months. I’d certainly give Ole another year — 100 per cent.’

On the game, Solskjaer himself said: ‘There were times we took the game to them and created chances, big chances. We then send everyone up to get the equaliser and they get the goal. They put you under pressure and you have to concentrate at the back. It was a much better performance than a year ago here.’
https://www.metro.news/roy-keane-has-di ... e/1879875/
http://www.naijiant.com/
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Keano on Lamps

Post by kalani JR »

In the same breath he advocates for his buddy Ole and defends Moyes.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:In the same breath he advocates for his buddy Ole and defends Moyes.
We are all biased one way or another and still capable of telling the truth - humans
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Okay sha.

The press like Lamps and English manager. Truth be told, he has exceeded my expectations and I applaud him.

Ole has done a good job this term. Manure are sitting in 5th position but you wouldn't know from all the press headlines.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ole has had a couple transfer windows to work with while Lampard is in his first window (no purchases as of today). Also, Ole is more experienced as a manager. That said, neither are good enough for the jobs they hold. Lampard's situation is a case of being at the right place at the right time. He knows that this is an audition for him and if not for the transfer ban, he wouldn’t have been anywhere near the job. One of my main issues with him is given his lack of experience, his choice of assistant manager (Jody) is poor as it doesn't mitigate his inexperience weakness. These 'little' things are more decisive in close and/ or difficult games. The Chelsea bench is a case of the blind leading the blind.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:Ole has had a couple transfer windows to work with while Lampard is in his first window (no purchases as of today). Also, Ole is more experienced as a manager. That said, neither are good enough for the jobs they hold. Lampard's situation is a case of being at the right place at the right time. He knows that this is an audition for him and if not for the transfer ban, he wouldn’t have been anywhere near the job. One of my main issues with him is given his lack of experience, his choice of assistant manager (Jody) is poor as it doesn't mitigate his inexperience weakness. These 'little' things are more decisive in close and/ or difficult games. The Chelsea bench is a case of the blind leading the blind.
They need to fire lamps
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

green4life wrote:Ole has had a couple transfer windows to work with while Lampard is in his first window (no purchases as of today). Also, Ole is more experienced as a manager. That said, neither are good enough for the jobs they hold. Lampard's situation is a case of being at the right place at the right time. He knows that this is an audition for him and if not for the transfer ban, he wouldn’t have been anywhere near the job. One of my main issues with him is given his lack of experience, his choice of assistant manager (Jody) is poor as it doesn't mitigate his inexperience weakness. These 'little' things are more decisive in close and/ or difficult games. The Chelsea bench is a case of the blind leading the blind.
The transfer ban is a joke excuse. They knew it was coming. They bought Pulisic in Jan as mitigation. They have over 30 players out on loan that they could have recalled. Lampoon went and got rid of Luiz b/c of beef. Dude is a clown coach. He only got hired b/c non-football people are now running the club. I doubt if Emenalo would have recommended him.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So, after 6 months, you finally agree with me sey Chewing Gum Face no be am? Why is it that when I warn you people, you guys never listen and then months or years later, after lots of anguish, you guys come around and accept my position? :taunt: :taunt:

Like I have said, what an old man can see, lying down, a child cannot see it, even if the child stands on top of an iroko tree, :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

You can hire Marco Rose or Ten Hag in the summer, maybe you'll have new owners by then too.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kalani JR wrote:You can hire Marco Rose or Ten Hag in the summer, maybe you'll have new owners by then too.
And risk the ire of The Sun and Daily Malevolent sports writers?

Ngwannu.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lampard is quite decent, Chelsea actually play good football so we can at least see the direction he is heading to, i cannot say the same about OGS, he has been coaching for nearly 10 years! same amount of time Pep has been coaching, look at the difference? if he was not a united legend and a yes man to the Glazers, he would have been sacked already
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko