Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Alategun
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool (6 x European Champions): NEWS - SEASON/19-20

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:
Alategun wrote:Game looks too easy right now. West Ham needs to show more ambition going forward to make it more interesting
I like them just like that, thank you :winking:
Saves us energy against Southampton. Team is incredible
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Went to the game. Way too easy. This team is a machine.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Went to the game. Way too easy. This team is a machine.
Klopp complained about inconsistent concentration levels as a result of the level of dominance. I thought some of the movement upfront and in MF was a bit lacking.

What did you see?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Klopp complained about inconsistent concentration levels as a result of the level of dominance. I thought some of the movement upfront and in MF was a bit lacking.

What did you see?
That's a fair assessment.

The movement up front was a bit below par mostly due to the absence of Mané. I've been a big critic of Hendo but he's really improved his game; I thought Gini was also strong whereas Ox was lacking in the first half. I'd hoped Keita would start but he looked sharp when he was introduced.

My biggest take away was observing VVD. He's simply imperious and plays the game like an adult against children. This team look like they have the tools to step up at least a couple of gears - it's like they've been doing just enough to win games. Atletico might still be the worst opponent for Liverpool to face but I think they'll find a way past them.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

What did you see?

The movement up front was a bit below par mostly due to the absence of Mané. I've been a big critic of Hendo but he's really improved his game; I thought Gini was also strong whereas Ox was lacking in the first half. I'd hoped Keita would start but he looked sharp when he was introduced.

My biggest take away was observing VVD. He's simply imperious and plays the game like an adult against children. This team look like they have the tools to step up at least a couple of gears - it's like they've been doing just enough to win games. Atletico might still be the worst opponent for Liverpool to face but I think they'll find a way past them.
I think Ox still is mentally slowed by that injury. Doesn’t get stuck I like he used to but most of his game is back though. Games like last night are made for Keita. He bosses these games. Hendo and Gini did step up big time. It is almost as if they know we were limited with all the injuries and they had to step up. I said it once that Origi does not anticipate enough. I was laughed at because of his heroics. You have to be on your toes and gamble with your movement. That being said he is better as a center half. Salah while being a head scratcher still is a must the way we play. We control the back with VVD and co and press high and create confusion from our midfield into the opponents half. That creates all the opportunities for our forwards. We can afford to play high because there is speed all over our defense. VVD can play 1V1 if needed.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Alategun wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

What did you see?

I think Ox still is mentally slowed by that injury. Doesn’t get stuck I like he used to but most of his game is back though. Games like last night are made for Keita. He bosses these games. Hendo and Gini did step up big time. It is almost as if they know we were limited with all the injuries and they had to step up. I said it once that Origi does not anticipate enough. I was laughed at because of his heroics. You have to be on your toes and gamble with your movement. That being said he is better as a center half. Salah while being a head scratcher still is a must the way we play. We control the back with VVD and co and press high and create confusion from our midfield into the opponents half. That creates all the opportunities for our forwards. We can afford to play high because there is speed all over our defense. VVD can play 1V1 if needed.
Meant to say Origi better at center forward.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

What did you see?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love it. :thumb: :thumb:
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Keita, Minamino, Lallana, Origi, Matip.

Was hoping Keita would start. This looks like it will be an interesting game. But we should have enough to beat them. Let’s go RedMen! YNWA!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Ref,VAR are cheating for Liverpool.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Kevin Friend is not even trying to hide his intentions in this game.

Liverpool is good enough to win and doesn’t need all these little helps from this ref.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

How was that not a penalty?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cito wrote:How was that not a penalty?

Because na Liverpool.
The fix has been in all season.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

charlie wrote:

Because na Liverpool.
I don’t think their position is a function of any ‘fix’. They are that good but this ref has just been too corrupt in his call for my liking. Liverpool would win with or without his help. Why not call a clean game?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

That none penalty call was just shameful. The more you look at it, the more disgraceful it looks.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cito wrote:
charlie wrote:

Because na Liverpool.
I don’t think their position is a function of any ‘fix’. They are that good but this ref has just been too corrupt in his call for my liking. Liverpool would win with or without his help. Why not call a clean game?
Liverpool deserve to be champs, but there have been way too many of these "none calls" and "VAR blindness" events all season. They have benefited from assists from refs over and over again. Its been shameful, especially since most of the time, Liverpool havent needed it.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its a haters convention out here!

Two penalty incidents, one for Soton, the other for LFC. Both looked at by VAR and not called...

Thought Soton played well, fighting till the bitter end. Knew 'Pool was going to feel the effect of a midweek fixture.

But superb 2hf...

On to the winter break...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Everyone seems to overlook the VAR calls that don’t go Liverpool way and moan all day about the ones that go for us. Enjoy a good team folks. We have seen all different kind of tactics against Liverpool. Southampton was good 1st half but Fabinho was finding his feet and no Mane didn’t help either. We figured them out and won handsomely. Game was a good watch though. We go again at Norwich tans them the big one at Athletico
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The juggernaut rolls on, flattening everything in its path. E pain dem. Who no like am, make e hug transformer. :D :taunt:
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

7 more wins needed max.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool has lost just 1 game in almost 2 years. They have to lose 8 out of remaining 13 games and city wins out for us not to win the league. If you love statistics and the analytics behind Liverpool’s play, this won’t happen. No 19 coming home. Back on our Perch! YNWA....
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kbt wrote:7 more wins needed max.
I want them win at against Palace then City do the honor
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kajifu wrote:
kbt wrote:7 more wins needed max.
I want them win at against Palace then City do the honor
Just win baby!

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

After Mancity’s loss yesterday, Liverpool need only 18 points from the remaining 13 matches to win the premiership. What are the odds of that not happening❓❗️

Cheers.