Babayaro Criticizes Rodgers for Rushing Ndidi Back....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Babayaro Criticizes Rodgers for Rushing Ndidi Back....

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

As I stated above, we are now learning more. Ndidi is isn't on the field today. Why? Knee. Now this is precisely the fear when a player is rushed back early and that is exactly what Babayaro was referring to. He should know having been around these clubs.
You really should try and inform yourself properly about issues such as this.

Soreness is not a recurrence of the injury nor evidence of being rushed back.

Stuff like this happens on instances of a player returning from injury.

And without any in-depth information on the injury, it’s a bit misleading to speculate as you have been...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ry-3801568
Txj

You are apparently uninformed on this issue. A player fully fit to be back will not have the set back now experienced by Ndidi. In your view the injury should be a re-occurrence before it counts as a setback? Do you understand what a setback means? Soreness, re-injury, or lack of adequate fitness that prevents the player from playing continuously after he returns is a setback. That is simply what a setback means and it indicates that the player returned earlier than he ought to. In In this case, the player complained of pain at the same spot where he was previously injured and yet it isn't a setback for you? It isn't still an indication that he returned earlier than the case should be? Really?

Just because it’s a setback doesn’t indicate that the player was rushed back. A player returning from injury cannot start at 100% match fitness.

My point is that these incidences are not sufficient to reach the conclusion that you have, absent details of the injury and recovery.

You simply don’t have the facts to make such a leap in judgment.
Txj,

I do not need the facts to share my view. Those facts are only available to the doctor, player and very few people close to the injury. The information I have is only akin to what you have to reach conclusion in analyzing a match, for instance, without being the coach. You have severally done so in analyzing games i.e sharing your opinion based on some information after observing a game. It is enough to share an adequately informed opinion and that is what I have done here. Perhaps, you are waiting for Leicester to announce "Guys we are sorry that Ndidi returned a bit early. Next time we will take it much easier." Well, you will wait on that till the world comes to an end as such will not be admitted, my brother. Simply read in-between the lines and think deeply and interpret. Here is information that may help and also within the context that he returned much earlier than the February date initially anticipated:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... di-3413222
Injury: Knee

Last match played: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City - January 28, 2020

Potential return date: Wolverhampton Wanderers - February 14, 2020.

What Rodgers has said: "He’s felt a pain in his knee, he recently had an operation but was alright against Villa.

"We had him in to play but it’s become very sore. Rather than him go out in the warm-up we thought we’d leave it. We don’t want any long-term problems."
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

As I stated above, we are now learning more. Ndidi is isn't on the field today. Why? Knee. Now this is precisely the fear when a player is rushed back early and that is exactly what Babayaro was referring to. He should know having been around these clubs.
You really should try and inform yourself properly about issues such as this.

Soreness is not a recurrence of the injury nor evidence of being rushed back.

Stuff like this happens on instances of a player returning from injury.

And without any in-depth information on the injury, it’s a bit misleading to speculate as you have been...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ry-3801568
Txj

You are apparently uninformed on this issue. A player fully fit to be back will not have the set back now experienced by Ndidi. In your view the injury should be a re-occurrence before it counts as a setback? Do you understand what a setback means? Soreness, re-injury, or lack of adequate fitness that prevents the player from playing continuously after he returns is a setback. That is simply what a setback means and it indicates that the player returned earlier than he ought to. In In this case, the player complained of pain at the same spot where he was previously injured and yet it isn't a setback for you? It isn't still an indication that he returned earlier than the case should be? Really?

Just because it’s a setback doesn’t indicate that the player was rushed back. A player returning from injury cannot start at 100% match fitness.

My point is that these incidences are not sufficient to reach the conclusion that you have, absent details of the injury and recovery.

You simply don’t have the facts to make such a leap in judgment.
Txj,

I do not need the facts to share my view. Those facts are only available to the doctor, player and very few people close to the injury. The information I have is only akin to what you have to reach conclusion in analyzing a match, for instance, without being the coach. You have severally done so in analyzing games i.e sharing your opinion based on some information after observing a game. It is enough to share an adequately informed opinion and that is what I have done here. Perhaps, you are waiting for Leicester to announce "Guys we are sorry that Ndidi returned a bit early. Next time we will take it much easier." Well, you will wait on that till the world comes to an end as such will not be admitted, my brother. Simply read in-between the lines and think deeply and interpret. Here is information that may help and also within the context that he returned much earlier than the February date initially anticipated:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... di-3413222
Injury: Knee

Last match played: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City - January 28, 2020

Potential return date: Wolverhampton Wanderers - February 14, 2020.

What Rodgers has said: "He’s felt a pain in his knee, he recently had an operation but was alright against Villa.

"We had him in to play but it’s become very sore. Rather than him go out in the warm-up we thought we’d leave it. We don’t want any long-term problems."
Yes, we are all within our rights to hold and share opinions on this and any other issue.

What you don’t have is enough information to reach the conclusion that you have.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Yes, we are all within our rights to hold and share opinions on this and any other issue.

What you don’t have is enough information to reach the conclusion that you have.

Txj,

Now you have me completely confused. The opinion that one holds is a conclusion that they have reached. I hope that such a link is clear. Here is a definition of an opinion.
1. Opinion, sentiment, view are terms for one's conclusion about something. An opinion is a belief or judgment that falls short of absolute conviction, certainty, or positive knowledge; it is a conclusion that certain facts, ideas, etc., are probably true or likely to prove so: political opinions; an opinion about art; In my opinion this is true. Sentiment (usually pl. ) refers to a rather fixed conviction, usually based on feeling or emotion rather than reasoning: These are my sentiments. View is an estimate of something, an intellectual judgment, a critical survey based on a mental examination, particularly of a public matter: views on governmental planning.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinion
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote: Yes, we are all within our rights to hold and share opinions on this and any other issue.

Txj,

Now you have me completely confused. The opinion that one holds is a conclusion that they have reached. I hope that such a link is clear. Here is a definition of an opinion.
1. Opinion, sentiment, view are terms for one's conclusion about something. An opinion is a belief or judgment that falls short of absolute conviction, certainty, or positive knowledge; it is a conclusion that certain facts, ideas, etc., are probably true or likely to prove so: political opinions; an opinion about art; In my opinion this is true. Sentiment (usually pl. ) refers to a rather fixed conviction, usually based on feeling or emotion rather than reasoning: These are my sentiments. View is an estimate of something, an intellectual judgment, a critical survey based on a mental examination, particularly of a public matter: views on governmental planning.

What you have offered here from the beginning is definitive. You simply don’t have the facts to make that determination.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Txj,

What you have offered here from the beginning is definitive. You simply don’t have the facts to make that determination.
TXj,

As usual you are now re-cycling an earlier statement that had been addressed in a previous post. HERE IT IS repeated:
Txj,

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

My point is clear. Hanging onto technicality and Wikipedia doesn’t change anything.

There’s a long history of players:
1. Returning early from injury
2. Having setbacks on a return.

A similar thing has happened this season to several Liverpool players.

What you cannot do is leap to definitive conclusion on foul play in this case in the absence of information beyond what is in the public domain.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Enugu II was right.

It is looking more likely he was rushed back before he is 100% healthy.
Yes, returns from injuries are always tricky and we dont know the specific context, but if he was experiencing pains in his knee before the match and he didnt take a knock, that is likely caused by swelling after warmups, which means he most likely wasn't 100% healthy and probably needed a few more weeks of downtime to make sure there was zero risk of relapse.

Lets just hope Rogers does the right thing this time around.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:My point is clear. Hanging onto technicality and Wikipedia doesn’t change anything.

What you cannot do is leap to definitive conclusion on foul play in this case in the absence of information beyond what is in the public domain.
We have a CE member here, Ghost, who is a world-renowned Orthopedic surgeon. We could ask him or other surgeons about the typical recovery time for the best-case scenario... assuming no complications or that the individual in question is a Super Human being with quick recovery.

The dude came back early.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:My point is clear. Hanging onto technicality and Wikipedia doesn’t change anything.

We have a CE member here, Ghost, who is a world-renowned Orthopedic surgeon. We could ask him or other surgeons about the typical recovery time for the best-case scenario... assuming no complications or that the individual in question is a Super Human being with quick recovery.

Coming back early from an injury is NOT A NEW THING!

Players do it all the time. Fabinho's return at 'pool is slightly ahead of time.

It doesn't necessarily mean the player was rushed back.

Neither does he feeling "pain" in the knee.

One has to have more information than what is currently in the public domain to make that determination. Ghost will not have any more info than we currently have.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote:

You’d have to be clairvoyant to leap to that conclusion given that the general public hasn’t been told what kind of injury Ndidi suffered❗️

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You’d have to be clairvoyant to leap to that conclusion given that the general public hasn’t been told what kind of injury Ndidi suffered❗️

Cheers.
Duh! He had a procedure on his knees! :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
Cell,

This matter should be closed now. Ndidi CLEARLY AND INARGUABLY returned earlier than should be case. With all the stories surrounding this issue, it is difficult and may, in fact, be troubling that anyone continues to argue otherwise. It is no longer worth a debate.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
Yes captain obvious, we know he had surgery on his knee.

But what kind of knee surgery was this?
What was the actual nature of the knee injury? Was it a stress or a tear?
What part of the knee was this stress or tear?

He had a relapse following his early return:
- what caused the relapse?
- where specifically did this relapse occur?

What TTTK is trying to educate you on is that apart from the general outline of his injury, we have no details and certainly not enough info to make the determination that he was prematurely brought back against the players health and well-being.

Players do return early from injury. That is a fact.

The mere fact of returning early, or a relapse on such return, is not sufficient to reach the conclusion of impropriety on the part of the club/coach, absent further details on the injury.
Last edited by txj on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
Cell,

This matter should be closed now. Ndidi CLEARLY AND INARGUABLY returned earlier than should be case. With all the stories surrounding this issue, it is difficult and may, in fact, be troubling that anyone continues to argue otherwise. It is no longer worth a debate.

Yes, Gen. obvious, he returned early. That is an established fact.

The question is, was he rushed back? Was he made to return earlier than he should have against the better interest of the players health?

Absent any detail on the injury, we CANNOT reach that conclusion.

Anything else is frankly irresponsible.

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

This thread is very funny.

People who make it their job to speculate about the actions of Nigerian coaches apparently now think it’s irresponsible to speculate when the Leicester coaching staff/medical team is concerned.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
Cell,

The question is, was he rushed back? Was he made to return earlier than he should have against the better interest of the players health?

Txj,

You seem to be waffling here. Yes, "he returned early" but was not "rushed back". Wow, even spinning isn't necessary here. The doctors gave a date for his return. Yet, he return earlier than the date. He re-injured the knee. If you cannot make sense out of that, I give up. The club will have to send a message specifically to Txj to state "we are sorry that we rush him back." You can continue to wait an eternity for that. Good luck.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote:This thread is very funny.

People who make it their job to speculate about the actions of Nigerian coaches apparently now think it’s irresponsible to speculate when the Leicester coaching staff/medical team is concerned.
Niyi,

Incredibly funny if you ask me. Easy for Txj to claim a Nigerian age cheating without a modicum of evidence. But if it happens in Europe, no way! Of course, these same guys will make conclusions without any information on a Nigerian case and yet here even after LOADS and LOADS of information, they are unable to put 2 + 2 together. It is simply a laugher. :rotf: :rotf: Now we know that Europeans can never rush a player back early. After all, they have the best medical results that tell them exactly when a player is fit and any doubts must be because of something else. Never an error in Europe or some shenanigans practiced there. We have clearly become inferiorized.

I most certainly give up on this issue. Let them believe what they want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
Cell,

Txj,

You seem to be waffling here. Yes, "he returned early" but was not "rushed back". Wow, even spinning isn't necessary here. The doctors gave a date for his return. Yet, he return earlier than the date. He re-injured the knee. If you cannot make sense out of that, I give up. The club will have to send a message specifically to Txj to state "we are sorry that we rush him back." You can continue to wait an eternity for that. Good luck.
Txj has extra data.

He too like to argue.

They cut into his knee. Gave a prognosis on when he was to return. They rushed him back earlier than the date the medical professionals gave. He reinjured the knee... when we made the pronouncement that he was rushed back it was even before he had a relapse.

But ITK, TXJ said we don't have enough information to state the obvious. The guy is injured again.

Abeg which knee procedure heals in 3 weeks?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
Cell,

Txj,

It’s quite possible to return early from injury without being rushed back. At Liverpool, Milner has returned earlier than expected. Even Mane lately.

Why?

Because the prognosis for this can vary from one player to another. You don’t have to be a medical doctor to know this.

But you cannot simply add 1+1 and say it’s two. Think man, think!

It may be he was rushed back against medical care. However the point is, we don’t have enough information to reach that conclusion.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Txj has extra data.

He too like to argue.

They cut into his knee. Gave a prognosis on when he was to return. They rushed him back earlier than the date the medical professionals gave. He reinjured the knee... when we made the pronouncement that he was rushed back it was even before he had a relapse.

But ITK, TXJ said we don't have enough information to state the obvious. The guy is injured again.

Abeg which knee procedure heals in 3 weeks?
The timeline for return is never a hard one and can vary from player to player. Some people return as scheduled, some earlier and some later.

A knee procedure can heal in three weeks, depending on the kind of injury...

Is it possible he was prematurely brought back? Yes.

But my point remains that we don’t have enough information to reach that conclusion.

GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

I agree! The same way we do not have enough information to reach conclusions about Nigerian football players' ages. I hope this closes those silly arguments on this August Forum. Chikena!!
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Now, Rodgers understands that it is about the long-term. Hallelujah!!

Ndidi Set To Miss Manchester City Showdown- Rodgers
https://www.completesports.com/ndidi-se ... n-rodgers/
0 February 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Wilfred Ndidi is set to miss the Premier League clash between Leicester City and Manchester City at King Power Stadium on Saturday, according to Brendan Rodgers.

The Nigeria midfielder has been absent for City’s last two top-flight fixtures, draws with Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers, due to a knee issue.

While the Foxes have no fresh injury concerns for the visit of Pep Guardiola’s men, Rodgers confirmed on Thursday that Ndidi is not yet ready to return to first team action.

“Wilf won’t be available for the weekend,” the Northern Irishman said.

“He’s still in a process to try and get fit so we’ll see how he is next week. I’m not sure.

“He’s doing work inside, but you then have to progress that to outside and then when he can join the team. It’s another intensity to join the team and then to play.

“We just want to make sure he’s right because he’s such an important player for us. It’s about the long term too. There’s no timeline on it. We’ll see how he progresses.”
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Hope this clears things up for all of una debating without the facts.
Football in brief: Lesson learnt as Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to take time over Wilfred Ndidi return

Published February 26, 2020

LEICESTER boss Brendan Rodgers has revealed the club are being extra cautious over the return of Wilfred Ndidi. Ndidi staged a remarkable recovery from surgery in January, returning to action just 12 days after a piece of floating bone was removed from cartilage in his knee. However, after playing the full 90 minutes of the Foxes’ Carabao Cup semi-final, second-leg defeat at Aston Villa, he suffered a reaction and has since been sidelined. The 23-year-old (pictured top) is back in training and may yet be available for Friday’s Premier League game at Norwich. But asked whether the club were now being extra cautious over a return, Rodgers replied: ‘Yeah, we have to be because we don’t want to lose him. ‘When he came back for those games it was deemed he was fit. I’ve big trust here in the medical team. They’re fantastic, and he felt good, but he just had a slight reaction from that. ‘So we want to just be sure of where he is at in terms of his fitness.’
https://www.metro.news/football-in-brie ... n/1924386/
http://www.naijiant.com/