Odion Iggy Ighalo's first Interview for United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Odion Iggy Ighalo's first Interview for United

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

what a legend 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Odion Iggy Ighalo's first Interview for United

Post by deanotito »

That was really touching. For me, it’s a head-scratcher of a deal, but I wish him well. Hope he succeeds. Most people live their lives not being able to realize dreams like these, so who am I to think different.

Godspeed Bro. I thought this was a surprising move, but I'll be rooting for you.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's great to see how Ighalo has matured from his U-20 days to become a quality striker and a become a first class representative of our country. From previous interviews he comes across as a very principled man with strong values. Looking back on his SE career I'm surprised he never got the chance to captain the SE. Think he would have made a great captain.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

All he has to do is to get comfortable with the team and contribute like he has always done.
Dont get injured! If he makes a name for himself, he will be back next season no doubt.

I have 100% faith in Odion to impress United fans and turn them into Odion fans.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

deanotito wrote:That was really touching. For me, it’s a head-scratcher of a deal, but I wish him well. Hope he succeeds. Most people live their lives not being able to realize dreams like these, so who am I to think different.

Godspeed Bro. I thought this was a surprising move, but I'll be rooting for you.
It was definitely a WTF moment for me as well, however imma be rooting for him to personally excel albeit in a losing effort for the team as a whole.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Odion Ighalo: Manchester United striker took pay cut to make loan deal happen

Odion Ighalo says he was so desperate to join Manchester United he took a pay cut to make the deal happen and did not sleep the night it was agreed.

The 30-year-old Nigeria forward has joined United on loan from Shanghai Shenhua until the end of the season.

The ex-Watford player says his mum cried at the news and there were parties on the street where he grew up.

"A few other clubs had shown interest, I said: 'Please, just pick United, if it's going to be possible,'" he said.

Speaking to the club website, he added: "At 11pm in Shanghai, my agent called me [to say] that United want to do the deal, so I woke up that night and started looking for a translator to go to the directors' room and hit his door.

"'My agent wants to speak to you. United are coming for me, you have to make this happen.'"

Ighalo, his agent and the clubs spent the night negotiating and signing paperwork to get it through before the deadline at 7am Shanghai time.

Meanwhile, other clubs were calling asking Ighalo to sign for them.

"I told my agent 'this is what I want. I want to come here'," added Ighalo.

"He said: 'You're going to get a pay cut to go to United.'

"I said: 'I don't care. Make this deal happen. I want to go to United. I don't care how much is the pay cut, I know that, make it happen.'"

Ighalo says he has been a United fan since he was a child and is pleased to be able to make the his dream of playing for the Old Trafford club a reality.

"I called my mum and she was happy, crying," he said.

"I know many people used to say when they join a team, they say that they dream of playing for that team. Mine was not the case. I supported the team when I was young.

"People that know me, even back in Nigeria, and even when I was playing at Watford, my team-mates knew that I loved Manchester United, I support them."

With Marcus Rashford recovering from a stress fracture and Anthony Martial having scored once in his past five Premier League games, Ighalo hopes his physicality can aid the United forward line.

"I'm very fast, I'm skilful, I'm strong, I have good techniques, so I can find my way in the field of play," he said.

"They have a striker that stays mostly in the middle, but Martial likes to come from the side, even Rashford, so you need someone in the middle that can keep the ball, hold the ball.

"They need a physicality up front to keep the ball, to give and to make some movement, which I believe if everything goes well I can add to the team."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51383589
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

any footballer that takes a pay cut in this day and age is definitely a genuine human being! from 300K to 100K? he just wanted the opportunity to play for united, the jury is out, his first game will be well watched by millions, hope he nicks in a goal, just because
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I don't like Man U because of Sir Alex's ojoro and wayo, but IGHALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I am all in for Ighalo...I hope he does well
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger