2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [FAC] TOT vs SOU [RD 4 RPLY]

Post by Its a Goal »

Beautiful goal form Moura
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: What a wasteful display from Son. At least twice he had the chance to put Spurs back in the lead and twice he made stupid decisions that cost them. Shocking. This is just too painful to watch and I am at work trying to catch as much of the game as I can.[\b]

IAG, for a small fee, I won’t tell ya boss. :D

Gerrout :curse:

Na so dey curse ya friend & broda? Na wa o! :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

No comments about Nathan Redmond.
PK awarded 2 Son.
Looks like a dive 2 me as VAR awards it.
3-2
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Una go pay me money o! Since I started watching, you guys have done well .
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Son is a cheat.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Did vertonghen get injured or was he useless?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:Son is a cheat.
Oja-Fry-Pan-Head wan cry :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ojafranpa wrote:Son is a cheat.
Are you a goon by any chance? :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Another get out of jail card used :clap:. Long may this card's credit continue.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

danfo driver wrote:Did vertonghen get injured or was he useless?
Pure useless. The guy is finished. He allowed to get himself turned over by useless strikers like Shane Long. He needs to move on.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Sleaky72 wrote:Innngggggssss for England!
God Save Our Queen!

:tic:
1-2
Haters Inc just got liquidated :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Did vertonghen get injured or was he useless?
Pure useless. The guy is finished. He allowed to get himself turned over by useless strikers like Shane Long. He needs to move on.
he is finished, like Eriksen and like Toby.

Hopefully, Jose has learned his lesson and move on.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBATG. COYS
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Gedson looked pretty good - I’m wondering if Mourinho can convert him into a DM.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

pajimoh wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Innngggggssss for England!
God Save Our Queen!

:tic:
1-2
Haters Inc just got liquidated :lol:
Were you watching the game bruv or hiding in a cave somewhere?
U seem pretty vocal n brave after the skirmish
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Some teams are just useless, parading clueless and dimwits, I am talking of the team who call themselves Saints
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

oloye wrote:Some teams are just useless, parading clueless and dimwits, I am talking of the team who call themselves Saints
Spurs have been useless tonight as well.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:Gedson looked pretty good - I’m wondering if Mourinho can convert him into a DM.
That will be a total waste of him. Same way he was wasted at Benfica when the coach kept trying to force him to be a winger.

Spurs need to sell, release or kidnap Dier and then purchase a quality DM-- preferably Ndidi. Although i hope Ndidi goes to a better club. Then groom Skipp to be his substitute. Naturally, when Ndidi cant play or is rested, they play Winks deep, until Skipp is "ready." But Skipp will be the substitute in the squad.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I watched the game and at a point I got so angry that I stopped posting in the other Spurs forum.

GK: Lloris - Why play this guy - Repay Gazzaniga with playing him in the cup games!! Come on Jose!!
RWB: Aurier - I worry about burnout but this guy has energy. We are not buying a new RB. Hopefully when KWP comes back from loan, he can challenge this guy. Also Tanganga can fill in here.
CB: Tanganga - Chei - What a beast for his age. Got turned by Ings for his goal but he was left alone and at sea. One on ones would need improvement as I recall Firmino turning him as well.
CB: Toby Alderwiereld - No comment.
CB: Jan Vertonghen - The look on his face was priceless when his sub was announced. Spurs should make him a coach and reduce his participation in key matches. Time for him to realise that he is coming to the end of the road. He has been a faithful servant and since King left - he has been Spurs best defender but all things come to an end.
LWB: Ryan Sessegnon - Still regaining confidence. His aggressive running beyond the striker was key for our first goal. Son and Moura had been doing goodness no what. More on those two below.
DM: Dier - Regressed so badly. It was either Jan or Eric and Jan was pulled as he couldnt play DM. If Jose insists on a DM he has to upgrade on this guy or Eric needs to be tutored (if he is still listening).
CM: Winks - What a stud
CM: Ndombele - A complete show of skill, ability and uselessness. His stamina is an issue and although I appreciate the skills and passing, he is injury prone and may need to reconsider his style of play. I had been pushing for him to be in a trio with Winks, Lo Celso but I may need to reconsider as his fitness is an issue. I thought he had a proper pre-season as well.
LW: Son - Gosh what a stupid angel* at times this guy has to be. From not passing to players in better positions to not shooting to diving when it was easier to score. Luckily the ref fell for it but that was so not necessary. Yes he scored twice but I am not happy with him. His decision making is regressing - does he want to become the star or something?
RW: Lucas - Gosh another one. Made better decisions than Son and his dropping into the SS role really helped Spurs late on. Ran his all for the team but the decision making between him and Son - Spurs cannot win trophies if these two dont improve. From someone that has been spoilt by Berbatov - Keane partnership ..

Subs
Gedson: Solid performance. Has skill - has workrate. Midfield trio is getting interesting. Three from Winks, Dier, GLC, Ndombele, Sissoko, Gedson is an interesting choice. Dele may also be required to fall back as I cant see him playing RW, LW or CF.
Dele Alli: Solid performance as well. His sub turned the game. His ability to make the best of Ed and Eddy up front was good.
Sanchez: Not much to say. He came in to solidify the CD.

Management
Jose Mourinho: 6/10!! Primarily for the selection of Lloris! Then the idiocy of Son/Moura!! DAMN!!
Last edited by Cristao II on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kenmega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:The stupid adventures of Aurier seems to continue as always.
Didnt watch, wetin happen? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When you have idiots like Aurier in defence. Now losing 2-1
Dont get why you are blaming Aurier. How did we concede?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kenmega wrote:
oloye wrote:Some teams are just useless, parading clueless and dimwits, I am talking of the team who call themselves Saints
Spurs have been useless tonight as well.
When a useless team puts 3 goals past a team, then I need to find another word to describe Southampton :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: Some teams are just useless, parading clueless and dimwits, I am talking of the team who call themselves Saints
Welcome back :mrgreen:. As the Presido of JoMoSa you can't be yabbing Jose's team oh :sneaky:.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
GK: Lloris - Why play this guy - Repay Gazzaniga with playing him in the cup games!! Come on Jose!!

lol . A coach understands the need for "match fitness" in his key player and "sharpness" in his key goalkeeper. While you and PaJimoh are both interested in the placating, back rubbing, and petting of Gazzaniga, Mourinho is more interested in winning. He has 4th to get, FA Cup to win and CL to compete for. Your number 1 goalkeeper has been out for months and instead of giving him as many games as possible to recover his sharpness, you want to rub the back of a substitute. Odiegwu!