Adarabioyo Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks With Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Adarabioyo Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks With Nigeria

Post by Tobi17 »

Tosin Adarabioyio who is on loan from Manchester City to English Championship side Blackburn Rovers is in talks with the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) over a proposed switch of allegiance to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The 22 year old has impressed this season for Blackburn Rovers and his form has caught the attention of coach Gernot Rohr who has given his blessings to the NFF to speak with the defender.

It’s not the first time that he will be approached by Nigeria but unlike the past where he was a youth international with England, this time around he has aged beyond any of the youth teams of England and there is no chance of a call up to the senior national team at the moment.

In the past the defender who gladly acknowledges his Nigerian roots refused to completely rule out a switch of allegiance to Nigeria insisting on the fact that once he has a settled club career he will decide.

Rohr is searching for young defenders and he has already sounded out his assistants to speak with Tosin, who will most likely return to Manchester City next season and push for a spot in the first team.
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/02/ ... h-nigeria/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tosin Adarabioyio Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks Wit

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:Tosin Adarabioyio who is on loan from Manchester City to English Championship side Blackburn Rovers is in talks with the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) over a proposed switch of allegiance to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The 22 year old has impressed this season for Blackburn Rovers and his form has caught the attention of coach Gernot Rohr who has given his blessings to the NFF to speak with the defender.

It’s not the first time that he will be approached by Nigeria but unlike the past where he was a youth international with England, this time around he has aged beyond any of the youth teams of England and there is no chance of a call up to the senior national team at the moment.

In the past the defender who gladly acknowledges his Nigerian roots refused to completely rule out a switch of allegiance to Nigeria insisting on the fact that once he has a settled club career he will decide.

Rohr is searching for young defenders and he has already sounded out his assistants to speak with Tosin, who will most likely return to Manchester City next season and push for a spot in the first team.
He’s finally settled in his career, if he accepts he’ll be cleared in time for the last Afcon qualifier in time for the WCQ but let’s see.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

when I say that SE is only getting England "C rated" or "3rd team" dem go criticize me but read what the link says and agree/disagree. they even made it obvious that this one has no chance of making England team at all SMH. na only their "Reject" dey accept us
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:when I say that SE is only getting England "C rated" or "3rd team" dem go criticize me but read what the link says and agree/disagree. they even made it obvious that this one has no chance of making England team at all SMH. na only their "Reject" dey accept us
Rohr loves going for them? Yes or No?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This useless boy is just wasting our time And using us to shine in order to get his name back n the news. Let him wait his turn for England to call him,he should be focusing on Euro 2020 not AFCON 2021.

Wan use Man city name via Blackburn Rovers enter SE like say we be mugus. O ni ku re. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Good job calling our SE "rejects"....let me head back on to the Ighalo topic
john12 wrote:when I say that SE is only getting England "C rated" or "3rd team" dem go criticize me but read what the link says and agree/disagree. they even made it obvious that this one has no chance of making England team at all SMH. na only their "Reject" dey accept us
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

shame its always been like that- Even the Iwobi and Moses of this world would have gone with England if they came calling (understandable) - only reason and difference is they never waited or hanged around until it was spelled out. Unlike the Lukmoon, Eze and seyi Ojo, Ibe Ejaria Akpom etc.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

walesvilla wrote:
shame its always been like that- Even the Iwobi and Moses of this world would have gone with England if they came calling (understandable) - only reason and difference is they never waited or hanged around until it was spelled out. Unlike the Lukmoon, Eze and seyi Ojo, Ibe Ejaria Akpom etc.

Iwobi and Moses always wanted to play for Nigeria.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Adarabayo does not need a switch. He only played for England Youth teams in friendly matches.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

bret- hart wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Iwobi and Moses always wanted to play for Nigeria.
Debatable-

Tammy would have switched had England not call him
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

fabio wrote:

Out of curiosity, have any of you two muppets ever seen him play?

This is a very talented player who at some point was involved in first team squad/training under Pep, but unlike Garcia, opted to go out on loan and get minutes...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Na wa-oo! I am very surprised we continue to go for the rejects (players other teams rejected, or who rejected us before). It seems many of these players know they will get into our team, no matter what.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: :rotf:
txj wrote:
fabio wrote:

This is a very talented player who at some point was involved in first team squad/training under Pep, but unlike Garcia, opted to go out on loan and get minutes...
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

asabatex wrote::rotf: :rotf:
txj wrote:
fabio wrote:

Been a while since I heard that one :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Any young quality player with a Nigerian name and DNA will always be welcome to the team... could care less if he's a C or Z option for England(maybe if we build our league, we wouldn't have to rely on "rejects" from England)... anything to have a solid team ahead of the world cup is welcome by me, welcome on board Tosin :thumb:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

winning is important but National pride/Honor is more important. we can't make these guys think they can pick/choose on when to play for SE and it's most likely when their hype has evaporated. We cannot be a dumping ground for England/Germany rejects Anyway sha, the problem is nigerian fans only if they can be patient
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:Any young quality player with a Nigerian name and DNA will always be welcome to the team... could care less if he's a C or Z option for England(maybe if we build our league, we wouldn't have to rely on "rejects" from England)... anything to have a solid team ahead of the world cup is welcome by me, welcome on board Tosin :thumb:
I totally agree but with governors given the position as club owners and teams paying for promotion and the NFF with out its own academy it just shows that Nigerian Football is not ready at domestic level, as a prominent CE told me “why should we do things to benefit foreigners” :rotf: as Tony the Tiger said in the Frosties advert “They’re Greeeeeaaaaat” and cheers to that! :sneaky:
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Odas wrote:
Na wa-oo! I am very surprised we continue to go for the rejects (players other teams rejected, or who rejected us before). It seems many of these players know they will get into our team, no matter what.
Ola Ana didnt go to the WC ..and the Russian Chap .. name skips me looks like he is a has been ... so NO they dont get in the team no matter what
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote:Tosin Adarabioyio who is on loan from Manchester City to English Championship side Blackburn Rovers is in talks with the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) over a proposed switch of allegiance to the senior national team of Nigeria.

Excellent development.

The more talented and genuinely young players we have to choose from the better for us.

I hope the switch comes to pass.

I like the dude. :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:winning is important but National pride/Honor is more important. we can't make these guys think they can pick/choose on when to play for SE and it's most likely when their hype has evaporated. We cannot be a dumping ground for England/Germany rejects Anyway sha, the problem is nigerian fans only if they can be patient
Which national pride? Winning and having national pride shouldn't be mutually exclusive, I should be able to win and still be proud of my nation. And yes we will continue to be a dumping ground for rejects from England and Germany until we get our acts together and fix our league, till then nothing will change.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
john12 wrote:winning is important but National pride/Honor is more important. we can't make these guys think they can pick/choose on when to play for SE and it's most likely when their hype has evaporated. We cannot be a dumping ground for England/Germany rejects Anyway sha, the problem is nigerian fans only if they can be patient
Which national pride? Winning and having national pride shouldn't be mutually exclusive, I should be able to win and still be proud of my nation. And yes we will continue to be a dumping ground for rejects from England and Germany until we get our acts together and fix our league, till then nothing will change.
Whether we fix our league or not, it has no effect on the SE. How many French, Belgian, Brazilian or Argentine national team players play in their domestic league? Is it because it needs fixing? The days when we sourced players from the local league are long gone. Get with the programme!
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:

Excellent development.

The more talented and genuinely young players we have to choose from the better for us.

I hope the switch comes to pass.

I like the dude. :thumbs:

For me the most important thing is to pull the trigger before England becomes interested.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Just missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper ...... he has pace left the defenders for dead i he had pulled his hamstring just stretched off